Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key is you need a guy who can play off Kawhi.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great we need another overpaid 33+ year old
    Another? I doubt Manu gets anything above the vets min

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    enough of these old guys...the NBA is a young man's league now...we have Murray...lets send our money elsewhere
    The oldest guys in the league were doing just fine in the playoffs, manu vince. Its more about effort than age

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Paul, I'd prefer not to add older guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spursfan and their old man fetish...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spursfan and their old man fetish...
    Yeah with our luck picking aging stars, if cp3 comes here, he's gonna go on the decline even more.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    En un mundo perfecto
    LaMarcia es una panocha jodida

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Take Choke Paul, please!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is a big union guy. I doubt he ever seriously considers not taking the best deal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Does no one, outside of the merits of spending money on CP3 at his age, have concerns with his fit? Kawhi has the ball a lot and would SA really adjust their offense by taking the ball out of Kawhi's hands to be in CP3's?

CP3 is a high usage, ball-in-the-hand to create for others player and I don't see him changing. Could SA function and both Kawhi/CP3 change their style of play?
    Cp3 would help Aldridge lee pau green etc even Kiwi but could mess up his development curve as a go to scorer and playnaker. Kiei needs reliable shooters and another playmaker but not a ball dominant one. If George Hill's early season renaissance is not a mirage ...he would be a good fit or healthy lowry or even Gordon H from Utah. Im with Deeps, Paul is waaaaay better than the guys i mentioned ...and would be a better buy than lasoftus but i think the fit is far from perfect. Long term leonard needs a money shooter and defender to alleviate some of the tougher matchup with kiwi having to defend LeBron than outscore him too ...and the shooter would give him more space for his sublime iso game

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Take Choke Paul, please!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels weird having star players seriously consider the Spurs. I'm still stuck in the days where with all the cap space in the world, our big FA signing was ing Rasho.

If CP3 wants to be here you do everything possible to make it happen though. You worry about fit and paying him an exuberant amount towards the tail end of the contract later on.
    This, I would take making sure to be a top 3 team in the league, with a bigger chance of upsetting GS, for the next 2/3 years. You worry about the latter years of that contract later on, you can always trade his expiring the last year, tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This is the time of year all the Spurstalk homers come out to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another? I doubt Manu gets anything above the vets min
    gasoft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the time of year all the Spurstalk homers come out to play.

That only happens on days that end in "y".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins > CP3. Winning culture will be great for him. Spurs cannot outscore Worriers but best defensive team can slow them down, then pound them on the offensive. Except Softridge shied on contact. Step in the most dominant big man in the league. Chance to build dynasty with Kawhi and Co.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have loved to have CP3 in previous years, but now would rather see where this Murray experiment goes. He is already showing a ton of talent and work effort. If he continues to work hard and improve, we will be fine by the end of next year.Cousins is a pipe dream. He would provide a strong, two-way athletic big man, but who wants to gamble on his mind set? Pop is respected, but it is really about Cousins being able to be couched. It would be a box of chocolates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does no one, outside of the merits of spending money on CP3 at his age, have concerns with his fit? Kawhi has the ball a lot and would SA really adjust their offense by taking the ball out of Kawhi's hands to be in CP3's?

CP3 is a high usage, ball-in-the-hand to create for others player and I don't see him changing. Could SA function and both Kawhi/CP3 change their style of play?
    CP3 is the best floor general in the NBA. Next to kawhis historical playoff run, chris paul was the most efficient player in the nba playoffs this year. Kawhi would benefit greatly with him.

He's the tim Duncan of PG. Has never relied on athleticism, but game awareness to succeed. He will be the same player for several years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins > CP3. Winning culture will be great for him. Spurs cannot outscore Worriers but best defensive team can slow them down, then pound them on the offensive. Except Softridge shied on contact. Step in the most dominant big man in the league. Chance to build dynasty with Kawhi and Co.
    Agreed.

Always thought Cousins could be awesome as a Spur under Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer his game should age as good as any ones tbh. Good scorer. When he gets to that shoulder spot he's very reliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Always thought Cousins could be awesome as a Spur under Pop.
    Yes sir. Boogie and Leonard on the same team. Would make them the favorites imo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just remember there are those that warned yall away from Aldridge and Pau ..
    At least they stay healthy despite his high efficiency numbers he also breaks down at the worst times ...we suck and i still dont want him at the max, buyers beware ...his game may age fine ...when he is healthy ...but always misses key regular season stetches and or playoff games habitually.
    You guys have a great takent locked up ...instead of rushing to marry Kiwi to the first pretty free agent that smiles or spreads their legs ...why not wait for "wifey"?! LEbron is already 30 with lots of miles and Durant and steph will be so soon. Spurs shouldnt force a bad marriage imho ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-24-2017 at 06:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie and Kawhi is the best defensive answer to Worriers if any. Kawhi and Co can guard the 3's and Boogie can swat away incoming layups. CP3 on the defensive end does not change much, but would still need that shot blocker in the middle. Curry and Durant feast on Spurs' bigs.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins isn't a free agent why is he being discussed?

The time will come when the Spurs can go after him (same year TP, Gasol, and potentially LMA come off the books)

CP3 is the goal right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Spurs do a sign and trade for Cousins? LMA can compliment Davis with his outside shots. LMA demeanor can be more ideal to a younger team compared to Cousins esp if not winning. Cousins/Kawhi can lure CP3 but needs to structure his contract to get more when TP/Ginobili out of the books. Then we get Cousins/Kawhi/CP3 while Murray still one or two years. Is that doable?

Thread Information