Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah dude. Paul made him relevant again in New Orleans...he was considered a bust in Chicago until Paul changed his career..
    And he went back to be "worthless" in Charlotte. But he came back with Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine with me, rather have Splitter for the Vet Min.
    I would like to have Splitter back and see if he can stay healthy and contribute in a minimized role off the bench.

Then again (last two seasons):
    Nene- 124 Games played
    Splitter-42 Games played

Nene is about as injury prone as a big gets and Splitter only appeared in less than half of his teams games since he was traded away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's why:

1) he's too "black" for Pop

2) he voted for Trump
    Trying to wrap my head around that one.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he voted for Trump
    Deadman did always seem like a low IQ idiot tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedman clearly had a falling out with Pop and I don't think Pop particularly like Dwayne's at ude.

He had decent chemistry with Lee and a Couple of other guys but Kawhi clearly did not like playing with him. there's must have been like 10 plus occasions they were in a screaming match after a missed defensive assignment.

Don't think it bodes well for role players to be having screaming matches with the best player, specially in Pop's culture.

Pop has always prioritized his best (favorite) players and their "comfort" level...

even if the media tries to push this silly narrative that he treats everyone the same.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedman clearly had a falling out with Pop and I don't think Pop particularly like Dwayne's at ude.

He had decent chemistry with Lee and a Couple of other guys but Kawhi clearly did not like playing with him. there's must have been like 10 plus occasions they were in a screaming match after a missed defensive assignment.

Don't think it bodes well for role players to be having screaming matches with the best player, specially in Pop's culture.

Pop has always prioritized his best (favorite) players and their "comfort" level...

even if the media tries to push this silly narrative that he treats everyone the same.
    I don't remember watching that. Let alone 10 times?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was a good defensive big man that had to eat the bench while Gasol and Lee gets passes for simple defensive mistakes, I'd have an at ude too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember watching that. Let alone 10 times?
    yup..

Happens all the time. Kawhi and Dedman don't particularly play well together in offense either.

Maybe 10 times is an exaggeration, but they def had screaming matches in the Court. Only other guy I can think of in the last three years that actually had the audacity to scream at Kawhi is Tim Duncan..but most of those are warrantied..Like in one RS game, TD was pissed at Kawhi for not "talking"

he said " Then fing talk".

I think it was clear with players since Pop"s Franchise player proclamation in 2012 that it might not bode well for their future with team if they're bickering all the time with kawhi.

I don't think even tony dared. He'd just shot the next 10 straight possessions.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine with me, rather have Splitter for the Vet Min.
    Yeah, let's spend our money on a guy who can't make it through a season out of some idiotic sense of nostalgia.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely going to detroit

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The D-League has plenty of guys that can average 5ppg, 6rpg, and less than a block per game. That's exactly what Deadman averaged as a starter. Can't say he didn't get a fair shot.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup..

Happens all the time. Kawhi and Dedman don't particularly play well together in offense either.

Maybe 10 times is an exaggeration, but they def had screaming matches in the Court. Only other guy I can think of in the last three years that actually had the audacity to scream at Kawhi is Tim Duncan..but most of those are warrantied..Like in one RS game, TD was pissed at Kawhi for not "talking"

he said " Then fing talk".

I think it was clear with players since Pop"s Franchise player proclamation in 2012 that it might not bode well for their future with team if they're bickering all the time with kawhi.

I don't think even tony dared. He'd just shot the next 10 straight possessions.
    You can't really shout at Kawhi though. There is a hierarchy, in anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did that info come from. I suspected something like that when he was virtually shut out of minutes, even when we needed some mobile big defender.

I don't have any information. Nada. I was just joking around about it. I think Dedmon would have liked more minutes in the playoffs, but so would most guys who are trying to land a new contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he went back to be "worthless" in Charlotte. But he came back with Dallas.
    Neither of us is wrong in what we said lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop hates him so it's not a surprise.

At this point and with his age, Dedmon should look for a team where he could average 3 bpg and cash in a huge contract from a team, much like what Ian and Bismack did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, let's spend our money on a guy who can't make it through a season out of some idiotic sense of nostalgia.
    the point is even an injury prone Splitter would be just as good as a 4th big seeing what Dedmon did. He was worthless.
    Better options out there. Not sayin Splitter is the answer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to make it sound as if he's indispensable, but I'm seeing a lot of prisoner of the moment takes in this thread. A few months ago many of you were raving about him. Now, because the starting lineup struggled offensively down the stretch (with a broken Parker, Aldridge and Green), he's all of a sudden irrelevant?

On a team where the two primary bigs are Aldridge and Gasol, they desperately need an athletic, tough, glass cleaning, rim rolling/protecting type and they don't grow on trees and rarely come cheap.

They can't afford to lose their elite defense, considering they have no immediate path back to being an explosive offensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to make it sound as if he's indispensable, but I'm seeing a lot of prisoner of the moment takes in this thread. A few months ago many of you were raving about him. Now, because the starting lineup struggled offensively down the stretch (with a broken Parker, Aldridge and Green), he's all of a sudden irrelevant?

On a team where the two primary bigs are Aldridge and Gasol, they desperately need an athletic, tough, glass cleaning, rim rolling/protecting type and they don't grow on trees and rarely come cheap.

They can't afford to lose their elite defense, considering they have no immediate path back to being an explosive offensive team.
    I don't think anyone here is claiming he's irrelevant. He's just a extreme liability on the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't earlier in the year Demans stats on the 5 man when included with Kwa the most efficient offense of any 5 man set?

As to his only averaging 6 points, please.
    Context is he was supposed to feed the ball to Sacred Cow Aldridge or otherwise.
    .622 field goal percentage so STFU bashers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone here is claiming he's irrelevant. He's just a extreme liability on the offensive end.
    As I was alluding to, context is everything. Most of those types of centers are helpful offensively because of their gravity, but they're reliant on someone adept at creating for others and an uncluttered lane.

If Dedmon and McGee switched teams, Dedmon would look the same as McGee does on the Warriors and McGee would look the same as Dedmon does on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Deadman, and I had hoped to keep him and let Timmy coach him up. But that was probably never going to happen. As I recall, he was less than enamored with San Antonio and its amenities. So he was probably off to a more suitable address almost regardless of what Pop thought of him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb. Hes not a bigger liability than lma or especially gasol. GaSOL SCORED FOR THE OTHER TEAM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dedmon and McGee switched teams, Dedmon would look the same as McGee does on the Warriors and McGee would look the same as Dedmon does on the Spurs.
    word

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.
    Can't imagine what the difference is.

Numerous portion of SpursTalk Spurfan wanting to run a guy who comes over and does as he does plus shows some nutts for 3 million a year.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we keep dedman.

Thread Information