Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I have no sympathy for idiots who bought the Trump University sales pitch. I still find it hard to fathom there are so many suckers in this country that can't recognize a con man. Then again televangelists are still banking big $$$ so I shouldn't be shocked

Because all they see is Trump as posing himself to be as anti-Obama anything but liberal. Like he said he could shoot someone and they would still spin in to somehow being Obama's, Clinton and her emails fault.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So much for the governor that was supposed to be administered to Trump's Twitter account. He put up 11 this morning, and daddy-O, nobody was spared.

Trump President. Not Clinton.

He mopped the in' floor with her in' ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so why would the UK prime minister be upset if the leaks aren't accurate?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So much for the governor that was supposed to be administered to Trump's Twitter account. He put up 11 this morning, and daddy-O, nobody was spared.

Trump President. Not Clinton.

He mopped the in' floor with her in' ass.
    And you can dish it, but you can't take it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you can dish it, but you can't take it.
    You'll heal up & be there next season. But, sweetheart, State mopped the in' floor with your in' ass.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I say fine, cut off the ing SSI disability payments. Uneducated low information voters that stuck the rest of the country with Trump can eat their sandwich they ordered.
    I feel some sympathy for those people, just because they're so God damn stupid.

When I was working in Iowa, I really got a lot of those "they're taking our jobs" looks. It's sad, because Trump ran on that, and they ate his .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump budget replicates disastrous Kansas approach. This won’t end well.

When Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback first offered his plan to revive the Kansas economy, he famously called it a “real live experiment” in tax and spending policy.

All Kansans know Brownback’s experiment failed. Dramatically cutting business taxes while raising other taxes for consumers did virtually nothing to increase employment relative to other states.

It did leave state lawmakers struggling to cover massive budget deficits — work that continues even now and won’t end for another generation.

But tax cuts were only one half of the Brownback experiment. Aided by conservatives in the Legislature, Kansas eviscerated the state’s social safety net: privatizing Medicaid, imposing new restrictions on welfare benefits, insisting on a tough food stamp work requirement.

Humiliating the poor seemed to be a particular focus. For a time, the state told welfare recipients they could withdraw only $25 at a time from an automated teller machine, a decision that prompted anger and derision across the nation before it was repealed.

Did it work? No. The number of people living in poverty in Kansas actually went up, the Census Bureau says, from 11.4 percent in 2013 to 14.2 percent in 2015. During the same period, the poverty rate in Missouri was cut almost in half.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/ed...152242787.html

That's over now. Those jackasses finally had enough. GOP policies

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...607-story.html

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Brownback failed to realize that we live in a corporate world of shareholder value and quarterly mgmt. bonuses. Any savings from tax expenditures were immediately booked as income and apportioned to the bottom line. This wasn't always the case but it certainly has been for the last 40 odd years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives in Congress are threatening to hold Trump’s agenda hostage

The most conservative faction of House Republicans is posturing to derail President Trump’s tax plans — an issue on which he desperately needs a legislative win — if he and GOP leaders do not agree to sweeping changes to food stamps and other safety net programs.

Their demands would amount to even more pain for the poorest Americans than Trump has already proposed, in order to fund tax cuts that would primarily benefit the very rich.

That faction, the House Freedom KOCKus, has been emboldened by extracting key concessions from Trump in order to pass his health care bill through the House last month.

Its members are now effectively

threatening to impound a budget resolution that is crucial to any hopes Republicans have of cutting taxes this year,

unless the party agrees to
    $300 billion in social service cuts.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ump-tax-reform

Thread Information