Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    have any of you ever played basketball, tbh?

Not all ankle rolls are the same, not to mention each individual involved + the reccurency of the injury..

I've had dozens of ankle rolls that I could walk off, and I've also torn ligaments from rolling, too..
    If you tore a ligament, it would show up on an mri.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not similar at all

Stepping on someones foot is different than falling from 3 feet withall your weight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not similar at all

Stepping on someones foot is different than falling from 3 feet withall your weight
    To clarify, I was talking about Kawhi's injury in game 5 against Houston and his inability to play effectively afterward and ultimately sit out in OT. (I know his landing on thug Zsa Zsa was very different.)

Watching the replays, Kyrie's ankle twist looked comparable ... he was sprinting and about to jump, whereas Kawhi was nearly stationary and planting his foot to accelerate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the same person can turn the same ankle and have two completely different responses to the injury. This is a very uninformed, lazy troll thread. But it did get a good response, so nice job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42 points. And his post-game comments. Yikes. Said he had two choices: dwell in sorrow of hurting his ankle or capture the moment. He knew what was at stake and wasn't coming out. Knew magnitude of the moment...and had to be there for his teammates ...

Part of me wishes Kawhi would have toughed it out. Mad respect for Kyrie right now.
    Lol. Please stfu before I knock your stupid ass out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify, I was talking about Kawhi's injury in game 5 against Houston and his inability to play effectively afterward and ultimately sit out in OT. (I know his landing on thug Zsa Zsa was very different.)

Watching the replays, Kyrie's ankle twist looked comparable ... he was sprinting and about to jump, whereas Kawhi was nearly stationary and planting his foot to accelerate.
    Who cares? Spurs still won that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been around ST a long time, so I'm used to reading re ed-level stupidity. But you seriously deserve your own reality TV series for that.

You little over-achiever, you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi is also heavier. Like people said, every ankle twist is different. You want to risk leaving Kawhi in there and have him require surgery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is also heavier. Like people said, every ankle twist is different. You want to risk leaving Kawhi in there and have him require surgery?

I saw a very well-conditioned college athlete tear ligaments from stepping off a curb wrong. Grade 3 sprain, and the recovery was as bad or worse than a break. He could have slipped off that curb a hundred times the same way, and not done that kind of damage. It has nothing to do with toughness, sometimes it's just a matter of everything lining up right, and the amount of weight that hits at one split-second in time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have any of you ever played basketball, tbh?

Not all ankle rolls are the same, not to mention each individual involved + the reccurency of the injury..

I've had dozens of ankle rolls that I could walk off, and I've also torn ligaments from rolling, too..
    Well, it's a hard topic to discuss because I've walked off every ankle roll/tweak I've had and kept playing straight after. I'm also not very heavy, so that may be another reason I was able to walk all of the ones I've had off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same. KL initial injury came from a situation where he was in the air and came down on it. Kyrie just twisted it during a step. That means everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Kyrie require surgery for staying in the game? Or did he inch closer to legend status? (Especially if they go on to repeat)
    Last edited by Keepin' it real; 05-25-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a very well-conditioned college athlete tear ligaments from stepping off a curb wrong. Grade 3 sprain, and the recovery was as bad or worse than a break. He could have slipped off that curb a hundred times the same way, and not done that kind of damage. It has nothing to do with toughness, sometimes it's just a matter of everything lining up right, and the amount of weight that hits at one split-second in time.
    No doubt. My only point was that it was bad optics for Leonard to be unable to finish game 5 due to a twisted ankle, while Kyrie went "war daddy" (as Jerry Jones would say) and finished with a career high on twisted ankle. It just looks bad.

A lot of sensitive people apparently took my post as an insult to them personally. That's on them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been around ST a long time, so I'm used to reading re ed-level stupidity. But you seriously deserve your own reality TV series for that.

You must not be reading my words then. Either way:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt. My only point was that it was bad optics for Leonard to be unable to finish game 5 due to a twisted ankle, while Kyrie went "war daddy" (as Jerry Jones would say) and finished with a career high on twisted ankle. It just looks bad.

A lot of sensitive people apparently took my post as an insult to them personally. That's on them.
    Who cares? Spurs still won game 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi twisted his ankle 3 times in less then a week...
    OP must have never played ball....kawahi did AMAZING on his twisted ankle in his first game back vs GS...just like kyrie did after the ankle twist. Now the difference was he re aggravated it 2 more times!!!! dumbass post

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Kyrie's ankle twisted just as badly as Kawhi's.

Kawhi was unable to finish games, while Kyrie keeps playing and goes on to break his playoff career high for points scored in a game.

Not a good look for our guy. Just sayin'.
    Thanks for keeping it real.

Thread Information