Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Kyrie's ankle twisted just as badly as Kawhi's.

Kawhi was unable to finish games, while Kyrie keeps playing and goes on to break his playoff career high for points scored in a game.

Not a good look for our guy. Just sayin'.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi was unable to finish games, while Kyrie keeps playing and goes on to break his playoff career high for points scored in a game.

Really? . That sucks. How much did Kyrie score?

That doesn't look good at all for the Spurs or Kawhi.

The question is, could Kawhi actually play and/or were the Spurs being too cautious with him?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Nah, just one coach who wants to win championships and another one that wanted to golf.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi twisted his ankle 3 times in less then a week...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not similar at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyrie = Warrior.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not similar because one was intentional and the other was accidental. That's about it. If he were playing for Pop, he'd be out game 5. Don't want to rush those serious career threatening ankle injuries.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Kyrie AT&T Center single game scoring record holder tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi sprained his ankle in game 5 against Houston and once before in game one before Zaza got him for a second time. Not even remotely similar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good look for Lebron or Aldridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? . That sucks. How much did Kyrie score?

That doesn't look good at all for the Spurs or Kawhi.

The question is, could Kawhi actually play and/or were the Spurs being too cautious with him?
    42 points. And his post-game comments. Yikes. Said he had two choices: dwell in sorrow of hurting his ankle or capture the moment. He knew what was at stake and wasn't coming out. Knew magnitude of the moment...and had to be there for his teammates ...

Part of me wishes Kawhi would have toughed it out. Mad respect for Kyrie right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi twisted his ankle 3 times in less then a week...
    True, but especially game 5 HOU. For him to not finish that game, and then two weeks later see a similar injury for Kyrie and to see him rise up.

Gotta say, I'm jealous.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kawhi sprained his ankle in game 5 against Houston and once before in game one before Zaza got him for a second time. Not even remotely similar
    And he missed game 6 vs Houston.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arggh we going to keep on getting re ed posts like these from the OP now that the spurs are out of the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arggh we going to keep on getting re ed posts like these from the OP now that the spurs are out of the playoffs.
    What is re ed? Kawhi twisted his ankle in game 5 and was unable to finish the game. Kyrie twisted his ankle and went on to have a career night.

Enlighten me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't up to Kawhi. Kawhi continued to play in game 5 until Pop pulled him and sat him out the rest of the game. Kawhi wanted to finish the game and play game 6 but Pop sat him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had a choice between stomping the out of Pachulia, and kicking you in the balls? You just took the lead, out of sheer stupidity. Your first sentence says that Kyrie twisted his ankle just as badly as Kawhi. You don't know that . You have no ing way of knowing. All the rest of your stupidity is base on that one ignorant make-believe statement.

you and the s you rode in on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, who watched the Cavs game? How did the sprain look? He's not going to be hobbled against the Warriors is he? This is insane if another team isn't at full strength against them.

Anyway, I'd really love to know how bad Kawhi's last sprain was.

Tim Duncan played on two bad ankles during the 2005 playoff Championship run. He sprained one of his ankles badly against Detroit during a game towards the end of the regular season. He came down on someone's foot (might have been Rasheed). I saw a photo of his ankle (someone on Spursreport got ahold of a photo) and it looked really, really bad - to the point where I thought there is no way he can play on that, and if he did play on it, I thought it would severly limit him, but he still played in the playoffs and I was amazed he was able to play as well as he did in the first round. He then sprained the other one in game 6 against Seattle and still pushed through the rest of the playoffs leading the Spurs to the Championship.

I really want to know if Kawhi was being soft, or if it really was that bad. If it was Pop's decision and he let TD play, why the would he not allow Kawhi to play?
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-24-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had a choice between stomping the out of Pachulia, and kicking you in the balls? You just took the lead, out of sheer stupidity. Your first sentence says that Kyrie twisted his ankle just as badly as Kawhi. You don't know that . You have no ing way of knowing. All the rest of your stupidity is base on that one ignorant make-believe statement.

you and the s you rode in on.
    Overreact much? You're more sensitive than LMA ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, who watched the Cavs game? How did the sprain look? He's not going to be hobbled against the Warriors is he? This is insane if another team isn't at full strength against them.

Tim Duncan played on two bad ankles during the 2005 playoff Championship run. He sprained one of his ankles badly against Detroit during a game towards the end of the regular season. He came down on someone's foot (might have been Rasheed). I saw a photo of his ankle (someone on Spursreport got ahold of a photo) and it looked really, really bad - to the point where I thought there is no way he can play on that, and if he did play on it, I thought it would severly limit him, but he still played in the playoffs and I was amazed he was able to play as well as he did in the first round. He then sprained the other one in game 6 against Seattle and still pushed through the rest of the playoffs leading the Spurs to the Championship.

I really want to know if Kawhi was being soft, or if it really was that bad. If it was Pop's decision and he let TD play, why the would he not allow Kawhi to play?
    Im sure it had more to do with pop hen Kawhi.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every situation is different and hard to compare esp when we talking about totally different playing positions and movements.

I had multiple sprained ankles from 1 day pain to cast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have any of you ever played basketball, tbh?

Not all ankle rolls are the same, not to mention each individual involved + the reccurency of the injury..

I've had dozens of ankle rolls that I could walk off, and I've also torn ligaments from rolling, too..

Thread Information