Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I bring this up every offseason

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017...es-speculation

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gr...-gasol-170522/

It's clear both projects haven't worked great - and I know that LMA was brought in to support Kawhi - not be a 1B. That being said, I think this swap would benefit both teams. Marc could help Pau's liability on defense - all while producing good chemistry with him. Additionally, he would help us move Pau from the center spot (which he failed at in LA and here). The Griz has been known as defensive juggernauts for years now - but that has got them nowhere as they often cannot muster up enough points to compete with the top of the league.

It's something to consider, as it seems as if both sides are open to moving their star players. The elephant in the room is, of course, Marc's 5 year max deal - one that I honestly would not be against taking because of the upside of the deal. Marc fits perfectly into the Spurs system and could be used similarly to how Duncan was used his final few years - while flourishing in the role

The only player I would want more this offseason is CPIII.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man so many terrible threads by psueduo intellects.

I want to vomit.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies would sooner trade Marc Gasol for OP's pet cats than for LaMarsha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy how much stock apa had on this forum was directly due to Harlem. Once Harlem disowned him he became the irrelevant, -made poster that Splits exposed. Don't step up to a forum legend, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man Harlem really has so much influence on this forum. His is so deep into op's Pussy ( no pun intended), it's all he ever talks about. .

Legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem's my , tbh...

He's a real O.G. to these forums. Unlike someone who cried like a little to moderation when Splits posted your picture up here looking like a cross-eyed dyslexic kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splits posted my picture

Harlem is my

I don't even recognize Harlem existance and I am the sole poster that was responsible for his long ban.

While here you are trying so hard to get recognition from Harlem.

OG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark disappears come playoff time... I rather have LMA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire NBA has seen the same thing from LaMarsha that we have. No one wants his candy ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbest thread of the 2000-3000 milenia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark disappears come playoff time... I rather have LMA
    You must not watch much basketball if that is what you believe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When both seemed like options I preferred LMA because he game on offense seemed to have a higher ceiling. I wasn't too impressed with Big Spain. Time has changed my mood however, seeing how Marc fought on against a superior opponent in this playoffs (against us) while LMA disappeared and sulked. That plus the fact that having a big that is either unwilling or unable to post up players he has a physical advantage over I cannot abide. Shooting 3's and mid-range shots are important but secondary. Air-conditioning is NOT a frivolous option on a car however it isn't as essential as an engine. It is essential that bigs be able to post up and be an inside presence the rest while desirable isn't essential. So yea right now I would trade LMA for Marc because Marc went down fighting to a team with more bullets, while LMA did the same it is the way that each did it that makes me prefer Marc to LMA now but that is water under the bridge. It is hard to see heart in game highlight footage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry OP...Not sure, if we could even get a late firstrounder for LMA.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Harlem's my , tbh...

He's a real O.G. to these forums. Unlike someone who cried like a little to moderation when Splits posted your picture up here looking like a cross-eyed dyslexic kid
    lol...it's a forum dude, you sound like a got and your OP is a garbage tier take tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's trade value is at an all time low. No way we get Marc. At this point, no team would want him at his salary.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    His salary is pretty modest given the cap nowadays....when you have players like Allen Crabbe, Tyler Johnson, and Mozgov making 17+ million a season, LMA's 21-22 a season doesn't look that bad imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary is pretty modest given the cap nowadays....when you have players like Allen Crabbe, Tyler Johnson, and Mozgov making 17+ million a season, LMA's 21-22 a season doesn't look that bad imo
    This is why all those moaning about MVParker's 14.5 million salary can STHU.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Marc-LaMarcus swap does nothing for either team.

Both guys are identical in that both are jumpshooting bigs, neither are strong post players and can be shut down by wing players, both players had problems scoring on Draymond Green in the postseason, both are on the wrong side of 30 (Marc is 6 months older than Aldridge), neither are top 2 option level players. The 2 main differences is that Marc is a better passer and LaMarcus is a better rebounder. Both teams really need high level talent. The Grizzlies need a true superstar(s) on their team and the Spurs need a high level talent to go next to Leonard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have dedmon than either of these two es

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I bring this up every offseason

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017...es-speculation

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gr...-gasol-170522/

It's clear both projects haven't worked great - and I know that LMA was brought in to support Kawhi - not be a 1B.
    That being said, I think this swap would benefit both teams. Marc could help Pau's liability on defense - all while producing good chemistry with him. Additionally, he would help us move Pau from the center spot (which he failed at in LA and here). The Griz has been known as defensive juggernauts for years now - but that has got them nowhere as they often cannot muster up enough points to compete with the top of the league.

It's something to consider, as it seems as if both sides are open to moving their star players. The elephant in the room is, of course, Marc's 5 year max deal - one that I honestly would not be against taking because of the upside of the deal. Marc fits perfectly into the Spurs system and could be used similarly to how Duncan was used his final few years - while flourishing in the role

The only player I would want more this offseason is CPIII.
    Expectations were for LMA to be a 1B at a minimum. Faulty thinking, maybe; but let's not rewrite history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc wants to play with Pau on the same team.

So perhaps, offering Pau for someone (Zeebo via sign and trade) make work.

I doubt Memphis will give up Marc for LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think once LMA leaves he will turn back into Portland all-nba version of LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Pop would play brothers on the same team. Pop saw that Pau couldn't beast against his brother, was too soft, and he sat Pau for that reason.

Last thing the Grizz want is someone who won't rebound or attack the basket. They have outside shooters already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have dedmon than either of these two es
    Would Luv to keep Dedmon too, dunno wht the is up w Pop!!

Thread Information