My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refer to this thread for Chinook's salary and numbers
    Refer to this thread for Point Guard thread
    Refer to this thread for Shooting Guard thread
    Refer to this thread for Small Forwards thread

Spurs front office need to build a contender over the next 5 years while Leonard is a stud. Do they make a lot of moves this off season to continue the le contention? Or do they hold sail for the 2018 season, which appeared the most likely outcome prior to this season with the expiring contracts of Parker and Gasol, plus the opt renegotiation with LMA deal?

The Power Forward position is not a position of need, with 20mil a year LMA, and 2 backup PF's in Bertans and Anderson, who both should only play the 4, you would think the Spurs would stand pat here or resign Lee. As for Lee, I liked the signing. He gave what he does, hustle, leadership, finishing and heart. It is just a shame he does not fit well with Gasol, Bertans, and Dedmon. Because of that and only because of that, I think the Spurs should let him go unless Gasol is moved. On the plus side, there are some really interesting names, both for future development and now.

Top Range - 20mil+ to max contracts

Griffin
    Millsap
    Ibaka

Martin Luther King said 'I had a dream,' and so did I when Chris Paul and Griffin knocked on Pop's door and said that they were sick of the arrogant Warriors and are will to join the Spurs 10mil each to them up. But it was just a dream. We all want LMA to be like Millsap, but Millsap will cost 10 mil more by the end of the contract, and the undersized powerful technically shouldn't have a longer career than LMA. Ibaka is IMO an overrated player and is probably older than Andre Miller.

Outcome: Not happening folks, only in dreams.

Midrange - 8 to 16 mil contracts

Illyasova
    Randolph
    Gibson
    Mirotic
    Amir Johnson
    Patterson
    Jamycal Green
    Jerebko

Some interesting names here. Jerebko could fit along side any of our bigs. My favourite here is Gibson, excellent defender who could play alongside Gasol and LMA and Bertans for good measure, but it will cost around the 15mil mark for him. Likewise for Amir Johnson who should come cheaper.

Outcome: Highly unlikely. When you are paying your starting PF 20mil, you cannot afford to spend mid money for backups. Perhaps if Gasol was not around it would be another story and sign a starting PF with LMA going to center.

Veterans and the raw - Min to low dollar contracts

Motiejunas
    Lavoy Allen
    McAdoo
    Alan Williams
    Humphries
    Terrence Jones
    Scola
    Payne
    Mike Scott
    Nick Collinson
    Diaw
    James Johnson
    Reed

There was a strange link involving the defensiveless DMO recently which I find odd. There some good names here that can be had for cheap and are fairly young for the future. I like Alan Williams here as a hustling power forward. I also love Reed here and would be a better option going forward. T Jones is always an odd one to know what your going to get. Diaw always has a home in SA despite we really should be going younger. Payne and Scott just seem like another Ayres sighting. Talking about Jeff Pendergraph........... no let's not.

Outcome: Very likely. On the grounds Lee goes, Spurs could easily acquire a PF in this list. My issue is that Pop will settle for someone like Humphries or DMO, and that make me unwell as we should look for younger and hungry players.

Trade targets

Faried - 13mil
    Arthur - 7mil
    Larry Nance - 1mil
    Dieng - 14mil
    Holmes - 1mil
    Chris - 4mil
    Bender -3mil
    Aminu - 7mil

Some interesting names here and it all depends what way the Spurs will go. I love Arthur in the Spurs and for the money, a semi vet with still youth, midrange, and excellent pick n role D. Perhaps Spurs could get him and Barton involving Green? I also like Nance here and if the Spurs look to trade for Clarkson I would try and nab him as well. Same with Holmes and my Covington trade idea.

Outcome: Unsure but unlikely. The are some decent names in the min list that Spurs will probably get instead which is a shame because there are some good names here. If the spurs look to trade for a guard, I hope they try and grab one of these names on the list as well.
    Last edited by tbdog; 05-26-2017 at 11:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on Lee probably. We th his injury he might opt in.
    Bertans really should be a rotation player and Pop need to find Anderson minutes anyways. With bigger holes elsewhere, I don't expect changes at this spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see talks about snt Griffin for Aldridge. Both teams needs to make move, this will be close to status quo, with Spurs getting arguably better, younger and expensier player, while Clipps get healthier, cheaper guy. LMA can play with Paul, this could work. I don`t see any reason why Griffin is good fit to Spurs, but I like moving away from LMA and getting all-star in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the situation with Lee? How serious is his injury?

BTW I like James Johnson but I think he'll cost more than you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Blake for LMA. I don't necessarily hate Lamarcus but I really don't like his style posting up and killing ball movement. Blake is a better passer, and a better player IMO though injuries have derailed him. Anyways it's daydreaming.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Blake for LMA. I don't necessarily hate Lamarcus but I really don't like his style posting up and killing ball movement. Blake is a better passer, and a better player IMO though injuries have derailed him. Anyways it's daydreaming.
    Blake is just as mentally weak IMO, slightly ​different player but same end result.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake retired Splitter's Spurs career. He won't let Harden guard him, that's for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to sign any PF, tbh.

Just sign a big SF that can move abd shoot the three decentley enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake retired Splitter's Spurs career. He won't let Harden guard him, that's for sure.
    Absolutely, plus he's can pass the ball if he's doubled teamed....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be restricted from signing anyone over the age of 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Holmes from the Sixers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say we just draft someone none of us ever heard of and turn him into a top 2 player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Diaw and Splitter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't we get Paul & Griffin?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say we just draft someone none of us ever heard of and turn him into a top 2 player in the league.
    That works for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and post something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Thread Information