Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need guys with balls, I see Plumblee in the list and I my pants, add to that Pop scaring players and a guy with decent shot like Speights goes full scrub mode.
    Balls? You mean those intangibles like getting a technical foul and getting tossed to "fire up the team"? That ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Balls? You mean those intangibles like getting a technical foul and getting tossed to "fire up the team"? That ?
    No, intangibles like

Run because there is no tomorrow
    Dont hesitate to shoot ruining open looks
    Dont overdo passing the ball until its too late or the stupid turnover happens
    Make the basket make the easy layup
    Put some passion on it
    Dont your pants letting the other team do what they want, defend like a madman.
    Dont your pants when you are being double teamed.
    Grab some rebound mother er.
    And if you can please make a free throw.

Sounds familiar to you? because thats not what Aldridge and Gasol were doing, and other teams role players had no problems to finish the job.
    Last edited by Mikeanaro; 05-27-2017 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, intangibles like

Run because there is no tomorrow
    Dont hesitate to shoot ruining open looks
    Dont overdo passing the ball until its too late or the stupid turnover happens
    Make the basket make the easy layup
    Put some passion on it
    Dont your pants letting the other team do what they want, defend like a madman.
    Dont your pants when you are being double teamed.
    Grab some rebound mother er.
    And if you can please make a free throw.

Sounds familiar to you? because thats not what Aldridge and Gasol were doing, and other teams role players had no problems to finish the job.
    Those are fundamentals, nothing to do with balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are fundamentals, nothing to do with balls.
    Everything has to do with at ude, maybe you never played team sport games in your life.
    But sure, if you want to twist it to fit your THE WHOLE TEAM IS PERFECT, NOTHING TO SEE HERE WE ARE GUD!¨ agenda.
    None of those players excepting Manu and Kawhi had balls, and the rooks are not the ones to blame.
    LMAO and Norman Bates are two lame fatsos, gassed and with no heart balls just a ham sandwich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why an athletic front court player makes sense in the draft. Those options are straight garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything has to do with at ude, maybe you never played team sport games in your life.
    But sure, if you want to twist it to fit your THE WHOLE TEAM IS PERFECT, NOTHING TO SEE HERE WE ARE GUD!¨ agenda.
    None of those players excepting Manu and Kawhi had balls, and the rooks are not the ones to blame.
    LMAO and Norman Bates are two lame fatsos, gassed and with no heart balls just a ham sandwich.
    This is just fan gibberish. The league is full of low IQ guys with high testosterone. They generally occupy the other 26 or so ty teams. Ballsy players only really matter if they are super talented to boot, at which point being super talented is really the key, not the ballsy part. "I want some nasty" doesn't refer to balls, it refers to aggressiveness which is a fundamental aspect of basketball.

Funny how so many here played in the NBA, or church league.. same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just fan gibberish. The league is full of low IQ guys with high testosterone. They generally occupy the other 26 or so ty teams. Ballsy players only really matter if they are super talented to boot, at which point being super talented is really the key, not the ballsy part. "I want some nasty" doesn't refer to balls, it refers to aggressiveness which is a fundamental aspect of basketball.

Funny how so many here played in the NBA, or church league.. same thing.
    Is not, Spurs are a championship caliber team but they dont get benefits from the refs so everything is harder, if you dont get the right people for the job there can be only one result and is not dancing at the river parade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not, Spurs are a championship caliber team but they dont get benefits from the refs so everything is harder, if you dont get the right people for the job there can be only one result and is not dancing at the river parade.
    Now with the ref . Forget about the refs. Spurs don't attack relentlessly like some other teams do. Still get to the line, KL got what, 18Fts or something against Memphis? Spurs aren't good enough on paper to win at the rate they do if they have as much going against them as people on here seem to indicate.

It's simple: The Spurs either could have beaten GS with a healthy roster or they could not have. I think they could not have (could being prediction, not saying it's impossible). If you think they could have, then you're in effect saying the Spurs have everything they need to win a championship. There's no 2 ways about it. Refs be damned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now with the ref . Forget about the refs. Spurs don't attack relentlessly like some other teams do. Still get to the line, KL got what, 18Fts or something against Memphis? Spurs aren't good enough on paper to win at the rate they do if they have as much going against them as people on here seem to indicate.

It's simple: The Spurs either could have beaten GS with a healthy roster or they could not have. I think they could not have (could being prediction, not saying it's impossible). If you think they could have, then you're in effect saying the Spurs have everything they need to win a championship. There's no 2 ways about it. Refs be damned.
    The ref is real, is the main reason why these GSW re s won 73 games, why the CHeat won the 2013 championship, and it cost Spurs the 2016 series vs OKC, one little call here, one other here, or like they did in 2016 OKC WE YOU BECAUSE WE CAN, NOW WE ARE GRABBING OUR JACKETS WE HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO CRATERFACE!

What we saw is KL MANU and TP were great when it mattered, and players like Green, Mills, LMAO and Gasol are crap so while its impossible to dump all of them, retooling is a must.
    Maybe they could beat GSW but they didnt, there is nothing wrong with pointing whats wrong with this team now, because if you improve that just imagine what you can do with an improved roster and KL at his 100% plus a possible useful TP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Bring in Multinov

2. draft a project big at #29

3. Wait for Lee to realize market is tepid and opt-in

4. Sign a bargain big like Anthony or Splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen (admittedly very little video) Multinov looks REALLY bad. No where close to NBA level at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GS thought they had enough with their roster to win it all and they still brought in KD. Of course, even if you think you are good enough, there are varying degrees of margin for error. Spurs have a team that is a le contender but their margin for error is thin.

GS's is very high and so is CLE due to their talent. But SA has a chance to beat them as is but that should not stop them from trying to improve their margin for error.

But the overall point is moot at the moment and doesn't seem likely that SA will change much going into this next season due to their cap situation which is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Bring in Multinov

Too many bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS thought they had enough with their roster to win it all and they still brought in KD. Of course, even if you think you are good enough, there are varying degrees of margin for error. Spurs have a team that is a le contender but their margin for error is thin.

GS's is very high and so is CLE due to their talent. But SA has a chance to beat them as is but that should not stop them from trying to improve their margin for error.

But the overall point is moot at the moment and doesn't seem likely that SA will change much going into this next season due to their cap situation which is fine.
    It depends on your definition of "improve". What some here suggest is more like scorched earth and hoping for a new dawn next year. Nothing wrong with getting better, but you don't blow up a team that is a legit contender. I don't think SA, as currently constructed, is a legit contender because of the strength of the Warriors. Still, it's better to hold out for improvement than blowing it up and going the Philly route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on your definition of "improve". What some here suggest is more like scorched earth and hoping for a new dawn next year. Nothing wrong with getting better, but you don't blow up a team that is a legit contender. I don't think SA, as currently constructed, is a legit contender because of the strength of the Warriors. Still, it's better to hold out for improvement than blowing it up and going the Philly route.
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. Spurs are a damn good team and you don't blow those up without tremendous cause. Injuries can happen to GS and then boom, SA is there. Things like that. Was just making a point about margin for error and the thought process but most here aren't doing that.

They are doing what you say; crapping on the team while expecting them to win it all

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why an athletic front court player makes sense in the draft. Those options are straight garbage.
    Just bring back blair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bring back blair
    Or draft the next one in Caleb Swanigan. Only this one can shoot already.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or draft the next one in Caleb Swanigan. Only this one can shoot already.
    Dont need a shooter. Need a rebounder, a pick setter, active body on d.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my gosh that list is a lil underwhelming...
    yea... I think that trade for Nurkic that Portland swung was a steal.

Dedmon is probably getting a nice deal. It's rumored by Jabari from SAExpress that GM he has talked to don't really expect him to be reupped by the Spurs. We shall see, maybe Spurs will draft someone or bring Milutinov over.

Dedmon fell out of the rotation completely and it isn't worth it to pay the big bucks to guys Pop can't play in the playoffs. We shall see I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont need a shooter. Need a rebounder, a pick setter, active body on d.
    Swanigan wouldn't be my first choice but he CAN actually do all those things. He has potential to be a steal in this draft.

Also, any time a player can shoot, it's a plus. That never hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my gosh that list is a lil underwhelming...
    Wilt is rolling over in his grave. What's happened to this league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Bring in Multinov

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Bring in Multinov

With a group like Murray-Forbes-Green, who needs guards?

Also, let's bring back Anthony. Who cares if he averaged 2pts & 2rebs in his prime and is now a s of his former scrub self.

Thread Information