Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for the editing guys. Some strange stuff happening here.

Spurs front office need to build a contender over the next 5 years while Leonard is a stud. Do they make a lot of moves this off season to continue the le contention? Or do they hold sail for the 2018 season, which appeared the most likely outcome prior to this season with the expiring contracts of Parker and Gasol, plus the opt renegotiation with LMA deal?

With the impending likelihood that Dedmon leaves for a bigger offer and possibly role, the Spurs have a gap in the center position. With only Gasol as your full time center, you would be lucky to know the center position this year is full of studs. No seriously, the names on this list are disgusting. It makes you wonder paying Dedmon will be worth it. There just isn't any real strong fit here with any names. I am still in favour of moving LMA in the center positon and looking at younger PF or a semi vet like TJ Gibson. And after reading this list, I am sure I will have a few fans backing me up on this.

Top Range - 18mil+ to max contracts

Noel

Monroe

Olynyk

Mason Plumlee

Look at these studs. No seriously, it just looks awful. Monroe will opt in. Olynyk and Noel are not going anywhere. There is some value for Mason Plumee but IMO, there are just better power forwards for cheaper and better centers to trade for. Makes having Gasol for 16mil not so bad now.

Outcome: Not a chance. These guys will demand more than their worth.

Midrange - 8 to 16 mil contracts

Tyler Zeller

Nene

Mcgee

Len

Speights

Baynes

Jordan Hill

Oh, yuk. Tyler Zeller has some minor value, so does Mcgee and Len. Nene too old. I would rather go with Baynes than the other guys, but Mcgee will be my pick but not the pick from Pop.

Outcome: Unlikely. It will take offers over 10mil to get Len which Suns will match. Mcgee might have a market here for similar pricing. Overall, these guys are not for now or the future. Let's just move on.

Veterans and the raw - Min to low dollar contracts

Felicio

Mejri

Splitter

Bogut

Ezeli

Seraphin

There is a reason why I want the Spurs too look at Willie Reed or Alan Williams in the PF spot and move LMA to center, because these names are dreadful. Mejri and Felicio have size. Splitter and Bogut might have some mutual interest, but man those injuries, are they even worth the roster space? Someone mentioned Seraphin as an option. Some websites have him at the Center and some have him as a power forward. I remember him in New York days as a raw offensive player with defensive skill.

Outcome: Possible. I can imagine Splitter coming here for a min, which isn't too shabby considering what is out there. But I would want younger and healthier player in the PF position than that.

Trade Targets

Dwight Howard - 23mil

Brook Lopez - 22mil

Cody Zeller - 12mil

Robin Lopez - 13mil

Drummond - 23mil

Aldrich - 7mil

Ajinca - 5mil

Asik - 10mil

O'Quinn - 4mil

Hernangomez - 1mil

Biyombo - 17mil

Chandler - 13mil

Koufos - 8mil

Valanciunas - 15mil

Some interest names here. My favourite here in Robin Lopez at that 13mil is a nice deal for a good center. Spurs could go with some size here with Ajinca, Aldrich, and Kofous with serviceable contracts. But I have a crazy idea, lets trade Gasol/Parker, Bertans, and sign and trade Simmons/Mills for Drummond and Ish Smith. Let's just make the best god damn defensive force in the league. Who's with me?

Outcome: Unlikely. Spurs don't have the contracts to match some of these name, and some of these names are pretty ordinary.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGee, easily...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dedmon leaves go get willie green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dedmon leaves go get willie green
    Willie Green?

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look to Europe for a center( spurs have a stash player there anyway), the league is more guard oriented. Too much commuted to the center position with gasol already. The motion offense, ball movement is where the Spurs are best, the Spurs need a younger 2 guard or point guard if Djounte is not the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha! Meant reed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mulitinov.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the place in Russia where they had the nuclear meltdown in the 80s?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather Spurs start a bigger wing w/ defensive versatility next to LA at the 5, instead of Willie Reed..tbh.

For the 38th time since last summer, Spurs need to adapt and go 1 big, 3 wings, 1 PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the place in Russia where they had the nuclear meltdown in the 80s?
    No. That was in present day Ukraine tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to like this kid the more I watch the more I wish our big would play like he does. He seeks contact out sets pretty good screen is not afraid at all to get physical and can rebound and block shots.

If Gasol and LMA are not traded then they better bring his ass over! All bigs need one year of learning before they make a impact so have him ready when Gasol retires and LMA leaves..2018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. That was in present day Ukraine tbh.
    Yeah that's it. I was close, though.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow thats awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it up, we are stuck with Gasol and Aldridge, accept it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather Spurs start a bigger wing w/ defensive versatility next to LA at the 5, instead of Willie Reed..tbh.

For the 38th time since last summer, Spurs need to adapt and go 1 big, 3 wings, 1 PG.
    James Johnson is the only UFA who fits that description. He could probably be had for the MLE, but he's an odd ball type and will probably re-sign with Heat.

Aldridge at center, with a Marvin Williams or Thaddeus Young type at power forward, would make them like Celtics or Trail Blazers before Nurkic: They'd be soft in the middle and get bludgeoned on their defensive glass. Since there's no immediate path back to being explosive offensively, they can't afford to sacrifice elite defense.

Most of the league doesn't start this way anyway and they can't lose site of having to play 73-74 regular season games that don't include Warriors, Rockets, Cavaliers, plus 1 round of playoffs, to get to them. Even though most centers get played off the floor in the playoffs now, they're still needed to eat regular season minutes.

If they can sign Hill and either retain Simmons (doubtful) or attain some half decent wing for the BAE, I'd be fine with going cheap and by committee at center. Reed for part of the MLE, Splitter for the minimum, either Milutinov or possibly 29. They could still start traditionally in most match-ups, but it would be easier to lean heavily on small ball, with better options and no future HOF center.
    Last edited by TD 21; 05-26-2017 at 05:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's so bad the only one I'd sign is Splitter for the min

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can pry Kyle O'Quinn from the Knicks then do it.

Like TD_21 said, starting small isn't a wise move over the course of an 82 game season. They aren't going to find a small ball 4 as good as Draymond Green or Kevin Love/Tristan Thompson, the interior defense will get shredded with Aldridge as the anchor inside (look how poorly LaMarcus did protecting the paint during the WCF), the defensive rebounding will take a hit massive hit and Aldridge will have little left in his legs by the playoffs.

Swindling a O'Quinn level PF/C away from a bottle feeder team and signing a versatile combo forward (first choice is James Johnson) should be the objective if Dedmon bolts. Finally bringing Nikola over should be in the plans too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for the editing guys. Some strange stuff happening here.

Spurs front office need to build a contender over the next 5 years while Leonard is a stud. Do they make a lot of moves this off season to continue the le contention? Or do they hold sail for the 2018 season, which appeared the most likely outcome prior to this season with the expiring contracts of Parker and Gasol, plus the opt renegotiation with LMA deal?

With the impending likelihood that Dedmon leaves for a bigger offer and possibly role, the Spurs have a gap in the center position. With only Gasol as your full time center, you would be lucky to know the center position this year is full of studs. No seriously, the names on this list are disgusting. It makes you wonder paying Dedmon will be worth it. There just isn't any real strong fit here with any names. I am still in favour of moving LMA in the center positon and looking at younger PF or a semi vet like TJ Gibson. And after reading this list, I am sure I will have a few fans backing me up on this.

Top Range - 18mil+ to max contracts

Noel

Monroe

Olynyk

Mason Plumlee

Look at these studs. No seriously, it just looks awful. Monroe will opt in. Olynyk and Noel are not going anywhere. There is some value for Mason Plumee but IMO, there are just better power forwards for cheaper and better centers to trade for. Makes having Gasol for 16mil not so bad now.

Outcome: Not a chance. These guys will demand more than their worth.

Midrange - 8 to 16 mil contracts

Tyler Zeller

Nene

Mcgee

Len

Speights

Baynes

Jordan Hill

Oh, yuk. Tyler Zeller has some minor value, so does Mcgee and Len. Nene too old. I would rather go with Baynes than the other guys, but Mcgee will be my pick but not the pick from Pop.

Outcome: Unlikely. It will take offers over 10mil to get Len which Suns will match. Mcgee might have a market here for similar pricing. Overall, these guys are not for now or the future. Let's just move on.

Veterans and the raw - Min to low dollar contracts

Felicio

Mejri

Splitter

Bogut

Ezeli

Seraphin

There is a reason why I want the Spurs too look at Willie Reed or Alan Williams in the PF spot and move LMA to center, because these names are dreadful. Mejri and Felicio have size. Splitter and Bogut might have some mutual interest, but man those injuries, are they even worth the roster space? Someone mentioned Seraphin as an option. Some websites have him at the Center and some have him as a power forward. I remember him in New York days as a raw offensive player with defensive skill.

Outcome: Possible. I can imagine Splitter coming here for a min, which isn't too shabby considering what is out there. But I would want younger and healthier player in the PF position than that.

Trade Targets

Dwight Howard - 23mil

Brook Lopez - 22mil

Cody Zeller - 12mil

Robin Lopez - 13mil

Drummond - 23mil

Aldrich - 7mil

Ajinca - 5mil

Asik - 10mil

O'Quinn - 4mil

Hernangomez - 1mil

Biyombo - 17mil

Chandler - 13mil

Koufos - 8mil

Valanciunas - 15mil

Some interest names here. My favourite here in Robin Lopez at that 13mil is a nice deal for a good center. Spurs could go with some size here with Ajinca, Aldrich, and Kofous with serviceable contracts. But I have a crazy idea, lets trade Gasol/Parker, Bertans, and sign and trade Simmons/Mills for Drummond and Ish Smith. Let's just make the best god damn defensive force in the league. Who's with me?

Outcome: Unlikely. Spurs don't have the contracts to match some of these name, and some of these names are pretty ordinary.

Anything that suggests trading Tony Parker is worthless.

Tony, Kawhi, Manu and probably Danny are likely not on the trade radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible players.
    None of those are horrible players. You're not looking for franchise guys or even second bananas. You're looking for role players. If you don't watch these teams play on the regular you probably have no idea if these guys are any good. Other than some being injury prone, most are serviceable in the type of system the Spurs run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Those guys suck!"

Said the guys whose team just got destroyed by Zaza Pachulia and Javale McGee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Those guys suck!"

Said the guys whose team just got destroyed by Zaza Pachulia and Javale McGee.
    Deadmon would do far better than Mcgee in the Warriors. Zaza taking out Leonard was his role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those are horrible players. You're not looking for franchise guys or even second bananas. You're looking for role players. If you don't watch these teams play on the regular you probably have no idea if these guys are any good. Other than some being injury prone, most are serviceable in the type of system the Spurs run.
    We need guys with balls, I see Plumblee in the list and I my pants, add to that Pop scaring players and a guy with decent shot like Speights goes full scrub mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if Dedmon ends up with the Warriors, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadman what a player tbh

Thread Information