Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So teams are allowed now to pay absurd amounts to their player to keep him but not to acquire a new one?

Who's to say a team will pay that though? I can see it for certain players, we all know who, but why would Chris Paul get uber max money to stay with a team when they aren't getting out of the 1st round most of the time?

Who are the max money guys?

Lebron
    Durant
    Curry (hard to have both on same team)
    Kawhi (not up yet but gets the All NBA team bonus if he's eligible)
    A Davis

Who else?

Boogie?
    Irving?
    Harden?
    Westbrook?
    Wall?
    Beal?
    Hayward?
    Draymond?
    Klay?
    Kevin Love?

??

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good thread DMC. This goes back to the small market owners with a ty FO complaining that they are losing the franchise players they only got because they tanked in the first place (or just plain sucked).

I do like the idea that Clipper Nation will have to pay upwards of $207M to keep CP or lose him to a contending team like the Spurs. He'd be a fool to leave all that dough on the table tbh.

As far as max players, your list is about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in their right mind walks away from 70 million. It's impossible. I like rings and all but I'll take the 70m over any accolade, call me a sellout. IDGAF

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one in their right mind walks away from 70 million. It's impossible. I like rings and all but I'll take the 70m over any accolade, call me a sellout. IDGAF
    - money talks, BS walks...unless you're a dumbass like David West

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then invest $100m of the money you already made -- in real estate, earn 200m profit over the next five years, you just did better than the 70m AND got your ring.

The Toenail Clippers will NEVER win a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you make an All-NBA team your team can offer the super max. The problem is, they're waiting until after super teams are already assembled to put in measures to stop super teams from being formed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then invest $100m of the money you already made -- in real estate, earn 200m profit over the next five years, you just did better than the 70m AND got your ring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My you would take a kit Kat bar over a ring. That being said your right though , CP is not leaving the 60 mill or what ever and leaving. Id do the same.
    Last edited by whitemamba; 05-26-2017 at 06:15 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My you would take a kit Kat bar over a ring. That being said your right though , CP is not leaving the 60 mill or what ever , and leaving. Is do the same .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My you would take a kit Kat bar over a ring. That being said your right though , CP is not leaving the 60 mill or what ever and leaving. Id do the same.
    I'd definitely take the ring. You only live once and you can always get more money. You cannot, however, be in your 30s again when you're in your 50s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You still eating ramen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is in' hilarious, isn't it Guillermo?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everything is in' hilarious, isn't it Guillermo?
    yes, why yes it is

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd definitely take the ring. You only live once and you can always get more money. You cannot, however, be in your 30s again when you're in your 50s.
    No, you can't just get 60 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point money is just an ego thing. Is there much of a difference between $130m and $200m. Sure. Is it going to change your lifestyle by any significant degree? Probably not.

What it does give though is bragging rights and the feeling of being wanted and valuable.

Getting a ring though is priceless. No matter how much money you throw at it you can't just go buy one. You have to earn it and justifies the hard work you put in.

It's great having a $400k job in a big company, but some people would rather be their own boss and pull in $250k a year instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point money is just an ego thing. Is there much of a difference between $130m and $200m. Sure. Is it going to change your lifestyle by any significant degree? Probably not.

What it does give though is bragging rights and the feeling of being wanted and valuable.

Getting a ring though is priceless. No matter how much money you throw at it you can't just go buy one. You have to earn it and justifies the hard work you put in.

It's great having a $400k job in a big company, but some people would rather be their own boss and pull in $250k a year instead.
    If you're just going to put it in an account and live in a bungalo for the rest of your life as if you've got 400K, no, there's no difference. If you want to retire at age 38 or so and do whatever the you want forever and set your kids up and buy properties and whatever else, there's a of a lot of difference between 130m and 200m. You're talking about the difference between the career earnings of Nene and Lebron. I'd say significant.

Getting a ring isn't priceless. All KD had to do was switch teams. Ring chasers get rings all the time. There's a price tag on it. David West tried to pay 12m for his.

Talk to Adam Morrison or Jeff Ayers about how priceless rings are, offer them the 70m for theirs.

Bragging rights.. lol.... Barkley destroys Shaq on the regular and Shaq's 4 rings doesn't help him. He can talk about it, but no one cares. Sure it's better than nothing, but the HOF has plenty folks who never rang.

The amount of $ 70,000,000 would have in 100 Dollar Notes a weight of 700.00 kg (1,543.24 pounds). A single stack of money with 700,000 new banknotes would be 70.00 m (76.55 yards) high and would have a volume of at least 724.42 litres (765.49 quarts)

Try trading that for this.

Player number value notwithstanding, valued about 13.5K.
    Last edited by DMC; 05-26-2017 at 10:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still eating ramen?
    Pretty sure I'll soon be eating the luxury seafood Ramen from the nice Korean and Japanese restaurants tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure I'll soon be eating the luxury seafood Ramen from the nice Korean and Japanese restaurants tbh.
    Top ramen only

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Warriors' rings should have looked more like this, tbh:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Should have"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're just going to put it in an account and live in a bungalo for the rest of your life as if you've got 400K, no, there's no difference. If you want to retire at age 38 or so and do whatever the you want forever and set your kids up and buy properties and whatever else, there's a of a lot of difference between 130m and 200m. You're talking about the difference between the career earnings of Nene and Lebron. I'd say significant.

Getting a ring isn't priceless. All KD had to do was switch teams. Ring chasers get rings all the time. There's a price tag on it. David West tried to pay 12m for his.

Talk to Adam Morrison or Jeff Ayers about how priceless rings are, offer them the 70m for theirs.

Bragging rights.. lol.... Barkley destroys Shaq on the regular and Shaq's 4 rings doesn't help him. He can talk about it, but no one cares. Sure it's better than nothing, but the HOF has plenty folks who never rang.

The amount of $ 70,000,000 would have in 100 Dollar Notes a weight of 700.00 kg (1,543.24 pounds). A single stack of money with 700,000 new banknotes would be 70.00 m (76.55 yards) high and would have a volume of at least 724.42 litres (765.49 quarts)

Try trading that for this.

Player number value notwithstanding, valued about 13.5K.
    West trading $12m for nothing just showed that it's priceless. Shaq rubs four rings in barkleys face all day. Shaq has no ability to argue and that's the only thing that gives him anything to stand on. Doesn't make him right but that's what braggging rights is about.

Ayers and Morrison never earned anything close to $130m in either of their careers.

Also, $70m doesn't really mean $70m. After taxes they get something like $40m or something like that.

Finally retiring at 38 with $130m doesn't make much of a lifestyle different as $200m. Especially when $130m is actually $70m after taxes and $200m is about $110m after taxes.
    Last edited by ambchang; 05-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would imagine as a regular person even if you make 200k+ a year its hard to fathom walking away from 70 million. But when you've already made 150 million in salary, plus endorsement money, plus knowing you're getting at least another 150 million guaranteed, then maybe legacy and rings are more important. To some people anyway. I doubt CP3 comes here either way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West trading $12m for nothing just showed that it's priceless. Shaq rubs four rings in barkleys face all day. Shaq has no ability to argue and that's the only thing that gives him anything to stand on. Doesn't make him right but that's what braggging rights is about.

Ayers and Morrison never earned anything close to $130m in either of their careers.

Also, $70m doesn't really mean $70m. After taxes they get something like $40m or something like that.

Finally retiring at 38 with $130m doesn't make much of a lifestyle different as $200m. Especially when $130m is actually $70m after taxes and $200m is about $110m after taxes.
    If it was priceless you'd see more people like Lillard and Carmelo playing for cheap to win a ring. It's not priceless. It's just career jewelry. If you can buy a ring, which a player can do basically by foregoing their salary to move to a stacked team, then it's hardly priceless.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Where'd you get that authentic 1999 rang?

Thread Information