Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    then it's on the fans tbh.
    Absolutely. They are an Everton quality team with a Chelsea-like revenue stream. Unitil the whining #WengerOut fans actually stop funding the team, they can suffer.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Stones is valued mainly for getting the ball started down the field. He is very handy with the ball. Kompany is back and they still jump on it. The point is, it may work in the EPL, but the Champions League? You are going to find teams that will absolutely punish this behavior without a clearly superior ball possession team. Which Guardiola had at Barca... I don't think he has that team now. He has a very, very good EPL team. And it's more than just getting possession. But taking risks to regain possession immediately.

I guess this is more of a discussion concerning tactics used in different leagues. Adjustment is necessary. This is how Tottenham won their group quite easily. They showed they can counter. Dortmund and RM did not respect it because they play ball possession in the EPL. So they severely adjusted tactics. Sorry if I strayed, but people just don't post much here.

Oh; and we will see this weekend. MC v. Tottenham should be interesting. Deli Ali has hit a really bad stretch but Son has taken up some slack. Meanwhile, Silva is scoring for MC? What the ?
    So is that the best the EPL has to offer because that was much worse than the score indicated? Spurs were lucky they didn't lose 7 or 8 to 1. Is the Premier League over yet Because It's getting boring trying to pretend about the compe ion?

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Absolutely. They are an Everton quality team with a Chelsea-like revenue stream. Unitil the whining #WengerOut fans actually stop funding the team, they can suffer.
    Everton isn't even in Arsenal's zip code, tbh. Everton's best player is Wayne Rooney. Just let that sink in for a second.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    City hasn't lost the last 26 EPL games, that's almost 3/4 of a regular season. Can they win this one undefeated like Arsenal?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    City hasn't lost the last 26 EPL games, that's almost 3/4 of a regular season. Can they win this one undefeated like Arsenal?
    son but how can that be when the premier league is the most compe ive league in the world tbh?

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    son but how can that be when the premier league is the most compe ive league in the world tbh?
    Ask Real Madrid, son. Not every team has the ability to make Tottenham look like Crystal Palace ya know.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Nah, they'll get tripped up somewhere along the way. They aren't quite as clinical as they were earlier in the season.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ask Real Madrid, son. Not every team has the ability to make Tottenham look like Crystal Palace ya know.
    son real madrid are slumping right now but nobody wants to play them come knockout time. they also won euro trophies compared to english clubs.. so imo let city win a UCL and then we'll talk tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son I don't follow premier league politics so I might be ignorant here but why is arsenal staying with wanker? I can't see a reason tbh
    Because he is better than what they got sitting.
    And he is still learning 22 yo. His position requires seasoning in decision making.
    The basic physical characteristic that makes him valuable right now as he can push way up and make up huge amounts of ground even if out of position. But he makes a ton of mistakes. They live with it. I'm not a fan of his, just explaining what I see.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-18-2017 at 01:03 AM.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    So is that the best the EPL has to offer because that was much worse than the score indicated? Spurs were lucky they didn't lose 7 or 8 to 1. Is the Premier League over yet Because It's getting boring trying to pretend about the compe ion?

Spurs were totally and thoroughly outclassed. They now have been bad in the EPL for a full month. Read my posts. Did we learn what I had already told you.

The wings that brought them so much joy last year in the EPL are gone (yes you took Walker) Pooch made the horrible decision of trying to play with MC by pressing. Toby A and their two best central midfielders are gone, Wanyama and Sanchez, so Debruyne just cut them apart. I see why Pooch went for it, but it was disasterous. They tried to play with MC, big mistake.

Meanwhile, MC loses Silva for this game and his sub Gundogan finds perfect open spots and was a huge threat working very well within their system. Hard for a team like Spurs to deal with loaded teams like MC. I told this board why Spurs would have a hard time making the top 4 and it's coming to fruition sadly. These are the types of teams that make the EPL work so don't be such a pompous winner. The Spurs got an eye for good young players but then get raided by teams like MC and Real Madrid when they don't make the final 4. Euro league awaits. Don't talk up the EPL so much if you root a team that can buy anything they want. You will possibly face other teams that can do the same in the UCL
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-18-2017 at 01:07 AM.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son real madrid are slumping right now but nobody wants to play them come knockout time. they also won euro trophies compared to english clubs.. so imo let city win a UCL and then we'll talk tbh.
    Real came into the RR thinking they could impose their will on a team that was talented at the time. Spurs had their full complement of players uninjuredd and punished Real for casually coming forward thinking Spurs had no skill. Ali, Ericksen, and Kane punished them as they punished Dortmund who was playing well in the first RR game and in the Budesliga at the time.

You are one of those guys who does not realize there are teams that present threats outside of La Liga. And you pontificate without watching the games. The EPL is 20 teams deep and there are some teams that play to just stay up because the $ is so good with the huge TV contracts. So they will play for draws and not to win. If you know who the teams are in the EPL, you can avoid the games. The Burnley-Brighton game was a good example. Neither cared especially about coming out with a draw. I made the mistake of watching it thinking Brighton (been there and watched them a level down) might try and win. Wrong. Horrible.

Every league has its teams that are irritating and characteristics that are the an hesis of a good watch. La Liga with the players rolling around constantly upon being bitten by a fly, Italy, with teams that flat out don't run and players that can play into their 90s, Ligue 1 just being a bunch of bad teams with some good young players that leave. On the whole I will take the EPL and Bundesliga. But I can see how anyone might hate soccer after going through an old Stoke City (Tony Pulis) v. West Brom (fired Tony Pulis)match, it's horrible. Soccer/Football as a whole can be terrible if it's played poorly because it is an extraordinarly difficult game. And it's easy to teach a team how to foul and draw.

I sometimes have a very difficult time watching the WC because some National teams with good players just don't play enough together and the play is not as good as the Club teams.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-18-2017 at 01:02 AM.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Spurs were totally and thoroughly outclassed. They now have been bad in the EPL for a full month. Read my posts. Did we learn what I had already told you.

The wings that brought them so much joy last year in the EPL are gone (yes you took Walker) Pooch made the horrible decision of trying to play with MC by pressing. Toby A and their two best central midfielders are gone, Wanyama and Sanchez, so Debruyne just cut them apart. I see why Pooch went for it, but it was disasterous. They tried to play with MC, big mistake.

Meanwhile, MC loses Silva for this game and his sub Gundogan finds perfect open spots and was a huge threat working very well within their system. Hard for a team like Spurs to deal with loaded teams like MC. I told this board why Spurs would have a hard time making the top 4 and it's coming to fruition sadly. These are the types of teams that make the EPL work so don't be such a pompous winner. The Spurs got an eye for good young players but then get raided by teams like MC and Real Madrid when they don't make the final 4. Euro league awaits. Don't talk up the EPL so much if you root a team that can buy anything they want. You will possibly face other teams that can do the same in the UCL
    Wait, I'm confused. All the talk this summer was how Trippier was the better player and Walker fell out of favor at Tottenham. Is this true or false?

It's not really about the money entirely. Man City could out spend anyone if they so choose because their owner is mega wealthy. The problem is the Financial Fair Play act that won't allow teams to spend more than they earn. In other words, the books have to be balanced or serious fines and spending caps will likely occur. City knows about this all too well.

I believe City is on the same level as the Barcelona's, RM's and BM's, not a step or two behind because they hail from the EPL and there isn't a so-called diversity of playing styles that helps prepare teams for UCL compe ion. I think there style of soccer matches up well with most of the big clubs. The only team I'm not too keen on playing is Juventus because they have a world class goalie and if they get an early lead, they'll park 11 men in the box and sit on it.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Wait, I'm confused. All the talk this summer was how Trippier was the better player and Walker fell out of favor at Tottenham. Is this true or false?

It's not really about the money entirely. Man City could out spend anyone if they so choose because their owner is mega wealthy. The problem is the Financial Fair Play act that won't allow teams to spend more than they earn. In other words, the books have to be balanced or serious fines and spending caps will likely occur. City knows about this all too well.

I believe City is on the same level as the Barcelona's, RM's and BM's, not a step or two behind because they hail from the EPL and there isn't a so-called diversity of playing styles that helps prepare teams for UCL compe ion. I think there style of soccer matches up well with most of the big clubs. The only team I'm not too keen on playing is Juventus because they have a world class goalie and if they get an early lead, they'll park 11 men in the box and sit on it.
    Trippier is one of the best crossers of the ball in the world. The guy is amazing at volleying crosses. And... That's about it. That's an important it. Walker was keen to leave IMO because Rose, on the other side, was getting more attention at taking defenders on and getting into the box. But thinking Trippier can replace Walker from a speed pov is ridiculous. Pooch, knew this but thought that they could live with Rose blossoming. Well now Rose is healthy and is keen to leave it appears. He has not returned to last year's level.

You watched the game, you saw what Sane did to Trippier. Total speed mismatch. I think this MC team is hugely talented. They get injuries or leave a guy out and the replacement fills in perfectly. Tottenham can't keep up with this deep talent late. Injuries will happen and guys get tired. They put a lot into the UCL. Now the payback occurs. Gotta hope that Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal falter. You read what I wrote early and you thought Spurs were better. The season is very long. Too long for Tottenham possibly. Maybe when Aldeweireld and Wanyama return from injury and Sanchez(bad boy) come back things will turn around. Maybe Rose gets back into last year's form and takes pressure of Ali and Ericksen. Maybe Lamella.... Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Walker has fit in very well as he has got so much talent around him the pressure is not as great. And that F'r is fast and can get good crosses in. Then he has Pep in his ear constantly guiding him. Walker has not even broken a sweat with this group they are so good.

The league is so over.

Man U is just not close to the neighbor's. Frankly, with Liverpool playing well with Coutinho returning to form they could win 2nd. Mane, Salah, Coutinho ... Christ... It's not easy following teams who can't match the $ and get raided. Now the UCL with the firepower on the other teams... If they get into form... This should be fun (not for Tottenham)

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    First it was

Arsenal

then it's Liverpool

Crazy game

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool comes from behind and wins this.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    crofl here comes the Liverpool win

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool comes from behind and wins this.
    Didn't watch the game, brah. Had tabs on it, since I was out.

I was like"oh , 2-0.". By the time I clicked the app, it was 2-1. I refreshed and it was 2-2

who is winning player of the year this year?

Salah is the story of the year but they probably wont even finish 4th

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Mahrez toying with Smalling on that goal

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    who is winning player of the year this year?

Salah is the story of the year but they probably wont even finish 4th
    Harry Kane is about to break Alan Shearer's goal record before the break. It's not even close right now because of Kane's chase. Salah has 3 other guys on his team who will score at anytime. And Tottenham is in the same battle as Liverpool for 4 th spot. If Pogba does not return to form for Man U, I could see, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Tottenham all vying for the last 3 spots behind dominant MC. It will be interesting. With Tottenham and Arsenal being the most vulnerable if injuries occur. If Sanchez or Kane go down, over for those teams.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-25-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Harry Kane is about to break Alan Shearer's goal record before the break. It's not even close right now because of Kane's chase. Salah has 3 other guys on his team who will score at anytime. And Tottenham is in the same battle as Liverpool for 4 th spot. If Pogba does not return for Man U, I could see, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Tottenham all vying for the last 3 spots behind dominant MC. It will be interesting. With Tottenham and Arsenal being the most vulnerable if injuries occur. If Sanchez or Kane go down, over for those teams.
    harry kane? Groce.

Record his chasing is tied to two seasons not one. Severly overrated. Sanchez has been absoutel ass. I have no idea if you even watch these games

The winner has got to be from man city.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    harry kane? Groce.

Record his chasing is tied to two seasons not one. Severly overrated. Sanchez has been absoutel ass. I have no idea if you even watch these games

The winner has got to be from man city.
    MC has got too many guys but because of consecutive games that would be De Bruyne. Silva is actually having one of his best years. But is getting older and has taken some time off.

Its clear who does not watch these games.

Kane is on a tear, it's his to lose. And of course it's tied to the second half ya Fckn wanker. I'm telling you where it stands NOW. And it's pretty clear if Sanchez does not play on Arsenal they are done. The guy is an ass but he still works his rear off. This will does not go unnoticed. Salah is a very good player on a team with other scorers and guys that set up teammates, this of course presents a problem with him being THE man.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-24-2017 at 01:27 PM.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Kane with another hat trick.

Thanks go out to Del Ali, Ericksen, Son, and the Southampton corner kick marking.
    The man is on fire.

Thread Information