Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no, I'd take Derrick Rose over that POS. , I'd take Jalen Rose over Rubio today.
    this is ridiculous.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    definitely down if spurs don't land cp3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one's fixing his jumper. He's been playing professionally for 13 years without improving it.
    This. /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not watch him play this season? Career year tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio is one of the worst shooters in the league for his position. Shoots under 50% on shots at the basket and shies away from them as a result. Parker is 65% over his career at the basket and near 60% this season. Rubio is a sub 40% shooter from two for his career though a little better this season.

Three point shot is low 30s, so below a rate at which you'd guard him and given 90% of them are assisted, it means he's not taking tough threes off the dribble (tougher shots and a lower expected %). They're open misses that the opponent gives him.

This part of his game is so bad that his very good passing and solid defense can't come close to overcoming it.

On edit - no player other than Rubio has played over 10k minutes while still shooting under 40% from two in the three point era. That's AWFUL - basically the worst shooter of his generation who's been given this much of a chance:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=fg2_pct

Also one of worst eFG% in the same era with a bunch of bigs who played basketball only because they're huge and a few guards who in retrospect were awful:

Last edited by cjw; 06-03-2017 at 01:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you guys are confused. The Spurs are actually trying to IMPROVE the PG position this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, nah, I'm a shooter, not interested in someone that can't shoot over 40% from 2pt range - especially when that player is supposed to be an NBA point guard. You can improve you shooting with a shooting coach, but there is still some feel for shooting the ball and some people/players just don't have it. Rubio could be one of them.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-03-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio is one of the worst shooters in the league for his position. Shoots under 50% on shots at the basket and shies away from them as a result. Parker is 65% over his career at the basket and near 60% this season. Rubio is a sub 40% shooter from two for his career though a little better this season.

Three point shot is low 30s, so below a rate at which you'd guard him and given 90% of them are assisted, it means he's not taking tough threes off the dribble (tougher shots and a lower expected %). They're open misses that the opponent gives him.

This part of his game is so bad that his very good passing and solid defense can't come close to overcoming it.

On edit - no player other than Rubio has played over 10k minutes while still shooting under 40% from two in the three point era. That's AWFUL - basically the worst shooter of his generation who's been given this much of a chance:

Also one of worst eFG% in the same era with a bunch of bigs who played basketball only because they're huge and a few guards who in retrospect were awful:

Yet his shooting stats are probably better than hanga who you bums want as a 2/3... wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, nah, I'm a shooter, not interested in someone that can't shoot over 40% from 2pt range - especially when that player is supposed to be an NBA point guard. You can improve you shooting with a shooting coach, but there is still some feel for shooting the ball and some people/players just don't have it. Rubio could be one of them.
    Do you know how to read? Rubio shot well over 40% from two point range this past season tbh.

Yet his shooting stats are probably better than hanga who you bums want as a 2/3... wtf
    Agreed. Don't look at ST for intelligent takes, though, tbh...

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Bryen Forbes on this team and we didn't keep Jimmer Fredette? Jimmer kills in D league, All Star game , overseas with the Sharks. He can shoot but we keep Forbes who looks scared to shoot.

Rubio is a Great passer and is quick but can't shoot
    Rose is past his prime and injury prone
    Forbes was a great three point shooter..... in college
    Hanga? No sign of him coming over.
    Arcidiacono is developing nicely in the D League but no room on team
    Chris Paul is not signing, he's using us for leverage

Jimmer can pass, dribble and create is own shot.
    Now that we need guards, we need to give him a long second look

I cannot believe we expect to beat the Warriors with old Manu, old and injured Parker, and scared Forbes on this team.
    We need youth,speed, passing and shooting.

Murray and Mills will get worn out do to being over played.

Manu and Parker need to retire and Forbes sent to the D league
    Give me Murray ,Mills, Green, Fredette , draft Josh Hart and bring up Archidiacono

If you really want Rubio, than he would have to be only a passer and everyone else needs to shoot lights out, and thats not going to happen, except on the Warriors.

I expect another great year with another Western Confrence Finals loss to GS, unless we make changes.
    Last edited by SilverSpur; 06-03-2017 at 12:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a much tier version of jayson williams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprise Surprise he can score on our backcourt. Are backcourt isn’t the Legion of Boom.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    definitely down if spurs don't land cp3.

was always a firm believer rubio needed the right environment. would be great to have him on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would love to have had him 4 or 5 seasons ago. which probably means he'll be a spur in a few year....

was always a firm believer rubio needed the right environment. would be great to have him on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVRubio castrating Westbrick.

Thread Information