Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    In 2012 midget had 4, Ronaldo had 1. Now they're about to be tied with 5 each.

Lionel Bieber

Xavi moving to Qatar really killed Jessi's career

The tide has turned in favor of Rolando since 2014 as far as silverware and individual honors are concerned..

just a bunch of stuff gone Real way last few years in CL..Not even the most rabid of homers would have predicted them to win 3 of the next 4 les in 2013..They are a great team, but not exactly an All-timer like the late 2000s Barca or Milan of late 1980s- early 1990s (see their piss poor La Liga record for instance)

Barca and Spain declined when he got done..Xavi is the most underrated player of all-time..Should be higher than where he currently is on everyone list..

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The tide has turned in favor of Rolando since 2014 as far as silverware and individual honors are concerned..

just a bunch of stuff gone Real way last few years in CL..Not even the most rabid of homers would have predicted them to win 3 of the next 4 les in 2013..They are a great team, but not exactly an All-timer like the late 2000s Barca or Milan of late 1980s- early 1990s (see their piss poor La Liga record for instance)
    The La Liga is difficult to win, because there are 3 big teams (Madrid, Barça and Atleti), another 4-5 teams that are impossible to win when play at home and no bad teams really.

I think Barça overspent on starters salaries, which has limited the salaries they can offer the reserves and the potential reserves know the starters are so good that they aren't to play at all. So, it's became more difficult for Barça to fight for the Champions, La Liga and Copa del Rey in the same season. Another detail is Messi's leadership, and Xavi's exit and Iniesta's decline. And Atleti isn't quite as good side as Madrid and Barça, which Zidane knows how to exploit.

This Madrid side is on the rise, they have a season or two more of dominance, when it's all said and done, they may be considered better than now.

I think that Pérez was very concerned with AC Milán and Barça closing on Madrid's Champions le lead, but the focus will shift to La Liga too.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol at Jessi

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    i bet yah he going to rock up at the next award show in some flashy suit to take the spot light of Ronaldo...

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

Right on the money. Madrid had a historical season and still needed the final day to win the league. I think Barca wins the league this coming season.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    As much as i talk about midget, we are never going to witness 2 other greats going head to head and staying on top for so long again.

This is common in the NBA but really unheard of in football. Amazing stuff the back and forth between Ronaldo and Messi throughout the years.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    As much as i talk about midget, we are never going to witness 2 other greats going head to head and staying on top for so long again.

This is common in the NBA but really unheard of in football. Amazing stuff the back and forth between Ronaldo and Messi throughout the years.
    troof bombs

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    In the history of football we had never seen such a great individual rivalry.

On top of that they are playing for historic rivals, RM and Barca

This truly like Bird vs Magic, Lakers vs Celtics

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

I'm convinced Bynumite's account got hacked

Its not really common in the NBA, tbh. Both Messi and Ronaldo have sustained excellence both International and club ball despite the former being a choke artist. You could argue Magic vs Bird Is similar but its not.

Jessi vs Ronaldo has been huge for soccer. Both Should get paid 100 million a year and be exempt from Spanish tax if we have to be honest here.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Right on the money. Madrid had a historical season and still needed the final day to win the league. I think Barca wins the league this coming season.
    Historical

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    just proves you that a great team can play both types of games, regular games where you need to win constantly and cup games where you need to minimize the risk. Barcelona's style maximizes the results for one type of compe ion while being exposed to the other (knockout), I mean the vs bayern, vs juventus and vs psg collapses just don't come out of thin air or can be relegated to (bad) luck, they just prove that tactical inflexibility (barca's problem since '06) has its cost, like it did for the spanish NT. If you are tactically inflexible you can win with GOAT talent for that system (this case xavi-iniesta-messi) but it's hard without that special setup, even with exceptional talent (neymar, suarez..). It's no surprise that since xavi and iniesta became TOSB barcelona's dominance went down the drain even if infused with new talent. Maybe some people will finally understand just how good xavi/iniesta were and that messi as good as he is got too much credit imo.

Real are playing all out football, they can play the passing game, the pressure game, the defensive game, the aerial game, the counter game, the athletic nig game, the thug game and the talent game. Just a very strong well rounded team, especially great for 1 cup football where flexibility is key.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    just proves you that a great team can play both types of games, regular games where you need to win constantly and cup games where you need to minimize the risk. Barcelona's style maximizes the results for one type of compe ion while being exposed to the other (knockout), I mean the vs bayern, vs juventus and vs psg collapses just don't come out of thin air or can be relegated to (bad) luck, they just prove that tactical inflexibility (barca's problem since '06) has its cost, like it did for the spanish NT. If you are tactically inflexible you can win with GOAT talent for that system (this case xavi-iniesta-messi) but it's hard without that special setup, even with exceptional talent (neymar, suarez..). It's no surprise that since xavi and iniesta became TOSB barcelona's dominance went down the drain even if infused with new talent. Maybe some people will finally understand just how good xavi/iniesta were and that messi as good as he is got too much credit imo.

Real are playing all out football, they can play the passing game, the pressure game, the defensive game, the aerial game, the counter game, the athletic nig game, the thug game and the talent game. Just a very strong well rounded team, especially great for 1 cup football where flexibility is key.

Barca won a treble with a declining Xavi and iniesta (though iniesta was wonderful in 2015 CL final) and had a double last year though I'd rather have CL. I think with some good signings over the summer and feeling hopeful about the new manager they can win la liga and hopefully the CL if they can fix that brutal midfield.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    40 games without a loss

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Its not really common in the NBA, tbh. Both Messi and Ronaldo have sustained excellence both International and club ball despite the former being a choke artist. You could argue Magic vs Bird Is similar but its not.

Jessi vs Ronaldo has been huge for soccer. Both Should get paid 100 million a year and be exempt from Spanish tax if we have to be honest here.
    Messi doesn't pay Spanish tax anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    40 games without a loss
    Barca had 39 the season before and nerly choked a 12 point lead. They needed every one of the record amount of penalties they got to win it.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Barca had 39 the season before and nerly choked a 12 point lead. They needed every one of the record amount of penalties they got to win it.
    Yup and that team sucked towards the end of that season. This year's Barca was worse than last year's Madrid.

Amused has got to be the biggest mess I fanboy ever. A team with Suarez And neymar two of the five best player in the world and this dude talks like Jessi is playing with las palmas

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is literally winning with a striker and an injured $80M winger. While midget has Neymar and Suarez. Disgusting from missi's slurpers to act like they have the same amount of help

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Amused has got to be the biggest mess I fanboy ever. A team with Suarez And neymar two of the five best player in the world and this dude talks like Jessi is playing with las palmas
    Neymar and Suarez are great, but Real Madrid are far far better in midfield, defense, and bench depth. Much better manager too.

Those are the facts.

Neymar and Suarez are great, but Real Madrid are far far better in midfield, defense, and bench depth. Much better manager too.

Those are the facts.
    Madrid allowed 41 Goals in la liga this season while Barcelona allowed 37. They were one of the only 3 teams that was under the 1 goal per game conceded. But but Madrid has so much better Players .

The difference between the two teams is that when the going gets tough, Messi ball hog shows its defect. Its very detrimental to have one player dominante the ball like that against good defense.

Barcelona also had superior stats in some midfield categories.

Seriously mess I fanboys are so stupid.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Madrid allowed 41 Goals in la liga this season while Barcelona allowed 37. They were one of the only 3 teams that was under the 1 goal per game conceded. But but Madrid has so much better Players .

The difference between the two teams is that when the going gets tough, Messi ball hog shows its defect. Its very detrimental to have one player dominante the ball like that against good defense.

Barcelona also had superior stats in some midfield categories.

Seriously mess I fanboys are so stupid.
    Holy , Madrid's midfield are light years ahead of Barca. Barca's midfield had to BYPASSED time and time again because they couldn't do with the ball. Barca had to hoof it up the pitch every time just to get the ball to Messi because outside of the front 3 the team was quite poor going by previous years standards. Without Messi, Barca finish 12 points worse than they do now (look it up), that's massive.

The ONLY thing Barca have better than Madrid is MSN, EVERY where else Madrid are superior. This is the best Madrid team of the decade and inarguably a bottom two Barca team of the decade. Barca have absolutely no balance whatsoever on the pitch, it was Messi having to bail them out just to stay compe ive time and time again. You need to watch more Barca games besides the big CL games (cant recall the last Barca team to get trashed 0-3 and 0-4 in the same tournmanent, "amazing defense" I tell you) and the Classicos where yes, Messi ethered Madrid.

This isn't about being a Messi fanboy, it's about looking at the differences between Madrid and Barcelona. Barcelona desperately need to shore up their midfield, and add an RB. Madrid can afford to put Bale on the bench without missing a beat. Their bench was immense this year. ZZ is a much much better manager than Enrique as well. Not even close.

Come on now apalisoc_9, open your eyes man.

Thread Information