Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Jessi is not enough even in the compe ion

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Chile was better. Not by much, though. So much talk about this or that, in the end Copa América champions were the one advancing.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo and Portugal failed pretty badly. Too scared
    To even take a penalty

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    damn son argentine fans rabidly cheering for chile because penaldo's ass carried that scrub squad to this cup (the stars aligned in '16 ) and chile needed penaldos against such a team jessi watching on tv, probably cheering for chile too

but tbh, what a penaldos up, holy I couldn't stop laughing

FAP quoting out of context as always, baby boy taking a play from Blake's book by cheering for chile

this thread smh

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi fans still salty, will it ever stop?

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    damn son argentine fans rabidly cheering for chile because penaldo's ass carried that scrub squad to this cup (the stars aligned in '16 ) and chile needed penaldos against such a team jessi watching on tv, probably cheering for chile too

FAP quoting out of context as always, baby boy taking a play from Blake's book by cheering for chile

this thread smh
    Never thought I'd live to see this day tbh...the insecurity is strong with them

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    sons personally I don't give a about who wins this cup ( all 4 teams tbh), but we get some lulz regardless of who loses.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    sons personally I don't give a about who wins this cup ( all 4 teams tbh), but we get some lulz regardless of who loses.
    in germany the most important game these days is the u21 final on the 30th

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    in germany the most important game these days is the u21 final on the 30th
    Easy Spanish win imho

Veteran
    Post Count

I'm still amazed by the technology tho, not like before where the refs could make arbitrary yellows and ignore clear as day penalties

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Another 7-0 incoming?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Giovani dos Santos and Alanis playing in the god damn semifinals

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

this thread smh
    Letting Portugal take your Euro cookie.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Hope this Colombian snake gets sacked just for benching Vela and Lozano

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

I'm still amazed by the technology tho, not like before where the refs could make arbitrary yellows and ignore clear as day penalties
    So, you are going to when they use the technology and when they don't? Pick a lane son. Old bitter s don't even know what to for, they just wanna .

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Mexic

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Man, my Mexican friend thought Mexico would get revenge on Chile...not meant to be, tbh.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Watching the replay after work, 60 mins in and it's 3-0. What an embarrassment. Idk why coaches always try cute instead of starting the obvious people and making the obvious subs.

lol at not only playing but starting Gio Dos os
    lol at subbing out Aquino
    lol at keeping Vela on the bench
    lol at playing Jimenez on the wing

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Marquez in. This actually kept Cracklitos Vela on the bench the whole game smh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    So, you are going to when they use the technology and when they don't? Pick a lane son. Old bitter s don't even know what to for, they just wanna .
    stupid ing kids, celebrating change and technology even when it doesnt provide the supposed benefits (less mistakes) but is sure as providing all the negatives (slow down, another cloud of rules/manipulation to what happens on the field). how about you pick a lane, why didnt your precious TECHNOLOGY! catch a crystal clear penalty? Or is it only used to disallow goals for offsides by 10cm?

speaking of which, i read your other reply about chile's goals vs cameroon being offsides. I want chile to lose (or win, then miss the WC, even better!), but that was total bull . Offsides is a rule against poaching, it was never meant to disallow goals because the attacker was half a step ahead of the defender. On that play, Vargas is never gaining an advantage from being ahead of the defender, he is barely ahead of him. The rule as I was taught my whole life is that on those ultra close calls, the attacker has the benefit of the doubt, ie, you have to be a full step ahead to be offsides. When I saw the replay of that goal, my first thought was "thats the typical bull offsides that is called in modern soccer, chile got away with it". But then they put the blue lines in and the more I see it the more I cant believe they actually changed that call. If they are going to call offsides THAT precisely, then they need to show a side by side replay of the ball being played forward. OR, have a bit of common ing sense and use it to disqualify goals from poachers and not a well timed through ball that was at a maximum 10 cm ahead if that:

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    stupid ing kids, celebrating change and technology even when it doesnt provide the supposed benefits (less mistakes) but is sure as providing all the negatives (slow down, another cloud of rules/manipulation to what happens on the field). how about you pick a lane, why didnt your precious TECHNOLOGY! catch a crystal clear penalty? Or is it only used to disallow goals for offsides by 10cm?

speaking of which, i read your other reply about chile's goals vs cameroon being offsides. I want chile to lose (or win, then miss the WC, even better!), but that was total bull . Offsides is a rule against poaching, it was never meant to disallow goals because the attacker was half a step ahead of the defender. On that play, Vargas is never gaining an advantage from being ahead of the defender, he is barely ahead of him. The rule as I was taught my whole life is that on those ultra close calls, the attacker has the benefit of the doubt, ie, you have to be a full step ahead to be offsides. When I saw the replay of that goal, my first thought was "thats the typical bull offsides that is called in modern soccer, chile got away with it". But then they put the blue lines in and the more I see it the more I cant believe they actually changed that call. If they are going to call offsides THAT precisely, then they need to show a side by side replay of the ball being played forward. OR, have a bit of common ing sense and use it to disqualify goals from poachers and not a well timed through ball that was at a maximum 10 cm ahead if that:
    All that wall of words just to say that he was indeed offside? Mmmh, ok.

And regarding that last penalty: yeah, I think the ref should have reviewed the play. I think it's bull that they didn't review that, but that goes along with my way of thinking, you ing about the lack of review it's contradictory.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Letting Portugal take your Euro cookie.
    it's all good, we got the cake 2 years before, others are seriously missying on the goods

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    it's all good, we got the cake 2 years before, others are seriously missying on the goods
    You got lucky you faced the only NT capable of outchoke you son, if not you would still be collecting semifinal and final appearances. And it wasn't for lack of trying son, you even gave our striker an assist, too bad we are more chokers than you are, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

son I am against change for the sake of change but the bolded part is absolutely wrong. You have to understand that the players are accelerating in different directions and a half a foot away + acceleration = clear path to goal.
    I know what you were taught because even in the late 80s/early 90s they were teaching the same in Germany, but they were doing it only because there was no tech to prove/disprove positioning. The camera angle doesn't matter, the lines are digitally exact (I've seen this in industrial work), if they're using decent tech the lines have millimeter precision. I've recently talked to one of my youth coaches (who is now an assistant coach in the 2nd div) and in modern (last 3-5 year) coaching courses they emphasize the acceleration difference and the advantage it brings.

Also vidal is in the process of passing so this frame is a bit before the ball leaves the foot. So yes, this is an offside, hard to call but tech makes it easier.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You got lucky you faced the only NT capable of outchoke you son, if not you would still be collecting semifinal and final appearances. And it wasn't for lack of trying son, you even gave our striker an assist, too bad we are more chokers than you are, tbh.
    baby boy went through:
    nigeria, iran(they play?), bosnia(who?), swisse, belgium(barely beat usa), netherlands(on penaldos)
    we went through:
    usa, portugal, ghana, algeria, france(contender), brasil(7-1d in brasil)
    lucky , we had the tougher path, we didn't get the cupcake group, we didn't have the GOAT but we beat all of 'em (1 contender, brasil in brasil, penaldo, best african squad) fair and square, we didn't need penaldos and we're the lucky ones

please, wc'18 qualifying race in SA is where the luck is needed right now for Argentina

Thread Information