• Hosts - Russia
    • World Cup winners - Germany
    • AFC winners - Australia
    • CONCACAF winners - Mexico
    • CONMEBOL winners - Chile
    • CAF winners - Cameroon
    • OFC winners - New Zealand
    • UEFA winners - Portugal

Messi losing the Copa America so he wouldn't have to face Ronaldo in the Confederations Cup
    Last edited by Venti Quattro; 06-06-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Probably the worst confed lineup.

Considering the fact that both Australia and Chile are more likely to miss out the world cup than make it same goes new Zealand..tournament kinda sucks.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    we might win this with our C team

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    we might win this with our C team
    Portugal will win imo

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Portugal will win imo
    valid point tbh, but we have this god given talent of beating any team that has low organization and isn't 2-3 tiers above us in talent .. it's just what it is, I'm not saying we're beating portugal 10 out of 10 but that we just match up well with them.

We won't push hard at all (roster is obvious) but this compe ion is interesting because we get so many decent teams that rarely have a chance at some silverware. Imo look out for russia/australia/portugal, they'll all bring it.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    This tournament doesn't matter.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    This tournament doesn't matter.
    you are wrong. it does matter as it is a chance to add silverware for 2nd and 3rd tiers, any tournament is a win in my book.

Also it matters A LOT because it's the first FIFA compe ion with video reffing and it's GREAT because it will clean up the game a lot, especially the bull .

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It does matter. If you win, you don't win the following WC.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It does matter. If you win, you don't win the following WC.
    tbh we have a very weak shot at repeating. Anywhere else in europe and we have a regular contender's shot, but in Russia we could play our HOF 11 in peak form and we won't win.

Not sure how it'll be for the confederations cup but in '18 the crowds will boo the out of us, refs will make honest mistakes for the other team or just whistle the game in our disfavor (soft against technical teams, hard against kick and run teams), we'll get a weird flu, the bus will get stuck in traffic and all kinds of usual .

Not to mention the whole politics and press (ww2, sanctions, syria). I just accept the quarters/semi final loss tbh, that's why I hoped for midgetina to show some balls so I could bandwagon you s if needed be. Sincerely hope you s make it, a world cup without all big teams (germany/italy/france/spain/brasil/argentina/low countries/ england) is just sad tbh.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    you are wrong. it does matter as it is a chance to add silverware for 2nd and 3rd tiers, any tournament is a win in my book.

Also it matters A LOT because it's the first FIFA compe ion with video reffing and it's GREAT because it will clean up the game a lot, especially the bull .
    Look at the lineup Germany is fielding, it's a joke. Even Mexico has held some players back. It's a joke of a tournament but I do agree that the VAR is massive and I hope it gets implemented everywhere.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Look at the lineup Germany is fielding, it's a joke. Even Mexico has held some players back. It's a joke of a tournament but I do agree that the VAR is massive and I hope it gets implemented everywhere.
    tbh if you'd look with more attention you'd see how a contender can take this compe ion seriously without intending to win it: use it as the ultimate training ground for the young players. No huge pressure, real coaching, opponents that badly want to win (2nd/3rd tiers). Look at our (kindergarten) team, they are talented but inconsistent because they have zero experience. Last game vs australia is a great game for them and will pay huge dividents in a year when the cream of this crop will be used for true big games.

Imo the tournament is also a bit underrated on the coaching side because coaches get more leeway in implementing strategy.

tbh if you'd look with more attention you'd see how a contender can take this compe ion seriously without intending to win it: use it as the ultimate training ground for the young players. No huge pressure, real coaching, opponents that badly want to win (2nd/3rd tiers). Look at our (kindergarten) team, they are talented but inconsistent because they have zero experience. Last game vs australia is a great game for them and will pay huge dividents in a year when the cream of this crop will be used for true big games.

Imo the tournament is also a bit underrated on the coaching side because coaches get more leeway in implementing strategy.
    Are you guys using your A-team?

Also, no offense son by why do German women look so manly?

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Nope, just a B/C team.

And you get what you are looking for.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

we're using a C team tbh.

communism + feminism + western mercantilsim really ed our women up tbh .. talk about the wrong stuff. I'm doing good in italy/eastern europe so no idgaf tbh but the situation at home is

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

“I probably wouldn’t be sad if it didn’t take place in 2021,” said Loew, 57, admitting he is not a fan of the eight-team Confederations Cup, the warm-up tournament held one year before the World Cup.

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/05/...-cup-scrapped/

It's meaningless. Sure if you're a Mexico or something and want some silverware great, but at the end of the day, it's a pointless tournament for B team squads. It's a training camp exercise and nothing more. Not sure how it gives it meaning if the better teams are willing to around and experiment and not give a . Won't be surprised to see this get scrapped as Loew is right on the money. We have enough summer tournaments as it is.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    “I probably wouldn’t be sad if it didn’t take place in 2021,” said Loew, 57, admitting he is not a fan of the eight-team Confederations Cup, the warm-up tournament held one year before the World Cup.

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/05/...-cup-scrapped/

It's meaningless. Sure if you're a Mexico or something and want some silverware great, but at the end of the day, it's a pointless tournament for B team squads. It's a training camp exercise and nothing more. Not sure how it gives it meaning if the better teams are willing to around and experiment and not give a . Won't be surprised to see this get scrapped as Loew is right on the money. We have enough summer tournaments as it is.
    son I agree that tbh the quality of the games isn't great and while there are benefits such as those I have already highlighted, we are on the same page on this one.

tbh I can't wait till '18

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    son I agree that tbh the quality of the games isn't great and while there are benefits such as those I have already highlighted, we are on the same page on this one.

tbh I can't wait till '18
    I can, ARG look like ! Not sure of Samp. is enough to resurrect them. Their defense was fantastic in 2014 but don't think it will be as good in 2018. The midfield also sucks.

But either way, here's to hoping

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    valid point tbh, but we have this god given talent of beating any team that has low organization and isn't 2-3 tiers above us in talent .. it's just what it is, I'm not saying we're beating portugal 10 out of 10 but that we just match up well with them.

We won't push hard at all (roster is obvious) but this compe ion is interesting because we get so many decent teams that rarely have a chance at some silverware. Imo look out for russia/australia/portugal, they'll all bring it.
    So, not Chile, huh?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So, not Chile, huh?
    chile put a good roster (sanchez, vidal, vargas) out there while we went with our B/C/youth team with Low smelling his balls instead of coaching .... chile scored on a huge mistake while we even created the offense for a goal. Just shows to you how far these two teams REALLY are in terms of organization, adaptability, roster strength, etc.

Just lmao at thinking chile are the back to back south america champs.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    chile put a good roster (sanchez, vidal, vargas) out there while we went with our B/C/youth team with Low smelling his balls instead of coaching .... chile scored on a huge mistake while we even created the offense for a goal. Just shows to you how far these two teams REALLY are in terms of organization, adaptability, roster strength, etc.

Just lmao at thinking chile are the back to back south america champs.
    What does any of that have to do with what you said first? You said you expected Australia, Portugal and Russia to "bring it". So far Chile has "brought it" more than Australia, who's about to get eliminated.

What does any of that have to do with what you said first? You said you expected Australia, Portugal and Russia to "bring it". So far Chile has "brought it" more than Australia, who's about to get eliminated.
    I don't even think Australia is making it to the world cup

So the German is def ill informed about soccer outside of Europe.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

He was just pulling his racist schtick (I hope that's what it is) of hyping up the European or "white" teams and putting down the n!ggers.

Australia needs to Win their game against Japan and destroy Thailand at home with a goal margin of at least 3 to Automatically qualify.

The Saudis aren't losing against UAE and they have a superior goal difference

And they're significant underdogs against Japan.

If we're to assume Japan wins as favorites in their home against Australia...

They're out...But My defns think they're a good team?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

He was just pulling his racist schtick (I hope that's what it is) of hyping up the European or "white" teams and putting down the n!ggers.
    Australia needs to Win their game against Japan and destroy Thailand at home with a goal margin of at least 3 to Automatically qualify.

The Saudis aren't losing against UAE and they have a superior goal difference

And they're significant underdogs against Japan.

If we're to assume Japan wins as favorites in their home against Australia...

They're out...But My defns think they're a good team?
    by "bring it" I meant they'll actually try to win, aka "bring their best". Nowhere did I say that they'll win, also how the can you imply that I'd say australia can fare better than chile ? chile aren't playing at their max (obviously) while australia/russia/new zealand and portugal went hard at each game because they want to get some recogntion or actually win this compe ion. What isn't clear tbh?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    by "bring it" I meant they'll actually try to win, aka "bring their best". Nowhere did I say that they'll win, also how the can you imply that I'd say australia can fare better than chile ? chile aren't playing at their max (obviously) while australia/russia/new zealand and portugal went hard at each game because they want to get some recogntion or actually win this compe ion. What isn't clear tbh?
    Then why didn't you include Cameroon and New Zeland into the "bring it" department? I'm sure they are trying their best too.

Thread Information