Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it is that the media blows everything out of proportion so I'm tone deaf to anything they have to say. With so many people who utterly despise Trump, if there was any evidence on his collusion with Russia, don't you think it would have been leaked by now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are going to take away your health insurance.
    ... and Medicaid, and Medicare, and $10B from Federal school projects, poisoning of surface waters, etc.

So much low-hanging fruit for the Dems to the Repugs with, but Repugs can always count on 40% no matter how badly they that 40%.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    there was nothing to the clinton sex scandal in 2000 either but people were sick enough about it that they voted in bush despite clintons incredible economy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's assume, just for the sake of your argument, that one cannot divorce the issue of government and leadership from Russia (because this is just an assumption, after all) and that the media with the support of many democrats choose to make this a matter of great importance, so much so that it takes up most of the mainstream coverage.
    I don't understand this sinister motive you're ascribing to the media. Are they not supposed to report when they get things leaked to them by people in Trump's administration? Trump likes to claim fake news and pretend the media is so biased against him, but are they supposed to sit on news told by sources they consider reliable? Why would this not be an enormous story?

lwhat are the repercussions for the democrats if this leads to nothing? obviously, the flip side is certain but what would the public think if it leads to nothing? will they just consider it a case of the democrats doing their due diligence or will the effort be looked upon unfavorably (particularly by those demographics that could sway the election)?
    A few months ago because of that flip side I thought the DNC should stop focusing on Russia. I didn't really believe anything was there between Trump and Putin other than two groups working separately but towards a common goal in the election, and there is no crime on Trump's side in that case. But I thought that because Trump didn't seem to be tampering in the investigation early on. Ever since he fired Comey it has looked like a cover-up. And some Republicans in his staff seem to know it, and keep leaking to the press. It's hard to look at his people turning on him while trying to keep Pence out of the fray and not think there is something there. I don't think the GOP would have the balls to try to engage in this slow coup that seems like it's happening right now if Trump was squeaky clean on Russia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it is that the media blows everything out of proportion so I'm tone deaf to anything they have to say.
    It's the media's fault for reporting Trump's own party leaks to them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this sinister motive you're ascribing to the media. Are they not supposed to report when they get things leaked to them by people in Trump's administration? Trump likes to claim fake news and pretend the media is so biased against him, but are they supposed to sit on news told by sources they consider reliable? Why would this not be an enormous story?

A few months ago because of that flip side I thought the DNC should stop focusing on Russia. I didn't really believe anything was there between Trump and Putin other than two groups working separately but towards a common goal in the election, and there is no crime on Trump's side in that case. But I thought that because Trump didn't seem to be tampering in the investigation early on. Ever since he fired Comey it has looked like a cover-up. And some Republicans in his staff seem to know it, and keep leaking to the press. It's hard to look at his people turning on him while trying to keep Pence out of the fray and not think there is something there. I don't think the GOP would have the balls to try to engage in this slow coup that seems like it's happening right now if Trump was squeaky clean on Russia.
    i don't think i intentionally subscribed any sinister motive to the media. i personally think the media does fall into what chomsky referred to as the "propaganda model" but that's a different discussion altogether. as to your second response, i see what you are saying but there are of course, other possibilities one of which that this is just the GOP going through the motions. i do agree that trump has often made remarks that seem to implicate himself in some sort of wrongdoing, but i think it is just as likely to be more of a concern with suspect business ventures or tax issues that could be dug up as a result of any russian investigation.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what exactly would be the "big mistake"?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

McCain and Graham started the slow coup before he even took office. Trump in on an island trying to fend of the Dems, Obama holdovers in the WH and IC, the neverTrump GOP's, and the media. That's a huge group of entrenched people that do not want to lose power. The entire Russia story is one huge tantrum that will soon come to an embarrassing end for those who pushed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it is that the media blows everything out of proportion so I'm tone deaf to anything they have to say. With so many people who utterly despise Trump, if there was any evidence on his collusion with Russia, don't you think it would have been leaked by now?
    Leaks = someone else's information

Who is going to leak something that potentially lands them in jail for treason or felonies for lying about contacts with foreign governments?

Conspiracies do tend to be leaky, but the first thing you see will be hints, which we seem to have plenty of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCain and Graham started the slow coup before he even took office. Trump in on an island trying to fend of the Dems, Obama holdovers in the WH and IC, the neverTrump GOP's, and the media. That's a huge group of entrenched people that do not want to lose power. The entire Russia story is one huge tantrum that will soon come to an embarrassing end for those who pushed it.
    Teh dems are leaking
    All the Obama holdovers in the white house
    Comey the loyal democrat picking on our Dear Leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire Russia story is one huge tantrum that will soon come to an embarrassing end for those who pushed it.
    You hope.

That is certainly what you are being told to believe. "Nothing to see here, move along."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you should frame it that way.

What would it look like if there were a truly dangerous, ignorant president with autocratic, dictatorial tendencies?

Would members of that presidents party hold him first to account, or would it be the opposition party?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is there so much lying, contacts, back channel, "forgetting", etc, etc, etc, and ...
    BLATANT C O V E R U P !

... if Russiagate is bull ?

All compromised, treasonous Trash and his rotten entourage have to do is come clean, tell the truth of their innocence,

but they ...

BLATANT C O V E R U P !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former FBI Director James Comey will be forthcoming when he testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday morning, but he will stop short of saying President Donald Trump tried to interfere in the agency's investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to an ABC News exclusive

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Former FBI Director James Comey will be forthcoming when he testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday morning, but he will stop short of saying President Donald Trump tried to interfere in the agency's investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to an ABC News exclusive
    ABC news fake, yes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess we find out when he testifies if they are not fake on that story

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    guess we find out when he testifies if they are not fake on that story
    Not fake when you not want fake.

понимать.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not watch abc news

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I do not watch abc news
    Because fake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because I watch cnn , fox, msnbc and go online to see news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because I watch cnn , fox, msnbc and go online to see news
    How do you have time to watch cable news? I thought you were always ing at home.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You hope.

That is certainly what you are being told to believe. "Nothing to see here, move along."
    swallows up the MSM narrative
    tells others they are believing what they are told

I've given you multiple articles of detailed evidence, hard evidence, showing that the Russian "fingerprints" were left on purpose as a set up. The problem was it was done sloppily and was easily figured out by people that were actually skilled in the field and weren't hired by the DNC. The entire basis of your theory falls apart from the start after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    swallows up the MSM narrative
    tells others they are believing what they are told

I've given you multiple articles of detailed evidence, hard evidence, showing that the Russian "fingerprints" were left on purpose as a set up. The problem was it was done sloppily and was easily figured out by people that were actually skilled in the field and weren't hired by the DNC. The entire basis of your theory falls apart from the start after that.
    Twoofers gave me "multiple articles of detailed evidence" showing 9-11 was an inside job. Yet no matter how hard they worked their angle, their material never quite said what they wanted it to.

Your articles don't get as far as you seem to think they do, sorry.

LOL "hard evidence".

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Twoofers gave me "multiple articles of detailed evidence" showing 9-11 was an inside job. Yet no matter how hard they worked their angle, their material never quite said what they wanted it to.

Your articles don't get as far as you seem to think they do, sorry.

LOL "hard evidence".
    And I'm sure you easily debunked the 9-11 truthers am I right?

The material I provided you said exactly what you didn't want to hear. You weren't able to dismiss it though, you said yourself you didn't have knowledge to properly understand the claims and evidence provided detailing the Guccifer 2.0 hack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you have time to watch cable news? I thought you were always ing at home.

Thread Information