Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Will McCaffrey be the best white RB in decades? Or is he more of a slot receiver like Edelman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Will McCaffrey be the best white RB in decades? Or is he more of a slot receiver like Edelman.
    Not now, you cursed him Andrew.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If they use him as mostly a RB he will be banged up all the time, he just doesn't have the body for that at the NFL level. He's not overly nifty, he's a cut and go, that doesn't work the same in the NFL. i would use him as mostly a slot who with run occasionally so that threat is there, and I do keep his stuff outside, he has no business banging lines.

As a slot/RB I see him shining.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If they use him as mostly a RB he will be banged up all the time, he just doesn't have the body for that at the NFL level. He's not overly nifty, he's a cut and go, that doesn't work the same in the NFL. i would use him as mostly a slot who with run occasionally so that threat is there, and I do keep his stuff outside, he has no business banging lines.

As a slot/RB I see him shining.
    So you basically wasted your premium top-10 pick on a guy you could have gotten in the 4th round with the same skillset in Ryan Switzer (who played in Carolina, for the record). Instead of a position of actual extreme need in Lattimore. Awesome.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you basically wasted your premium top-10 pick on a guy you could have gotten in the 4th round with the same skillset in Ryan Switzer (who played in Carolina, for the record). Instead of a position of actual extreme need in Lattimore. Awesome.
    Apparently ya didn't get it, let me slow it down for ya.

Carolina will use McCaffrey as a RB, he will be banging lines. And he will be hurt. I was talking about the smart way to go about this and no Switzer can't do the things McCaffrey can, you should know this.

Switzer is a 174 pounds, now think, ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Apparently ya didn't get it, let me slow it down for ya.

Carolina will use McCaffrey as a RB, he will be banging lines. And he will be hurt. I was talking about the smart way to go about this and no Switzer can't do the things McCaffrey can, you should know this.

Switzer is a 174 pounds, now think, ok?
    Given the skillset you talk about, there's no reason for any team to draft him before 25th overall.

- You don't draft a non-bell cow RB with a premium pick
    - You don't draft a slot receiver (e.g. a smaller receiver without elite top speed) with a premium pick
    - You don't draft a hybrid RB/WR with a premium pick

Really he's not worth a premium pick. Way overdrafted

The point I'm trying to make about Switzer is he's just as good of a slot receiver as McCaffrey and there were RBs available that are better bell cows than McCaffrey (Cook, Mixon). You don't draft a hybrid with a top half of the first round pick, that's just stupid.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Given the skillset you talk about, there's no reason for any team to draft him before 25th overall.

- You don't draft a non-bell cow RB with a premium pick
    - You don't draft a slot receiver (e.g. a smaller receiver without elite top speed) with a premium pick
    - You don't draft a hybrid RB/WR with a premium pick

Really he's not worth a premium pick. Way overdrafted

The point I'm trying to make about Switzer is he's just as good of a slot receiver as McCaffrey and there were RBs available that are better bell cows than McCaffrey (Cook, Mixon). You don't draft a hybrid with a top half of the first round pick, that's just stupid.
    Just like your picks...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bring in a player who can make an instant impact, that is McCaffrey. You do not get all wrapped up in that silly you talked about, and that was rookie crap, ok? You want a player who will put stress on a defense and it doesn't matter how or from where, you got this?

McCaffrey can return KO's, punts, can catch the ball, he's a RB. That kind of athlete is a valued commodity, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pedokent destroying another thread posting unrelated to topic discussion

look kent, we all know u love the bbc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Just like your picks...WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bring in a player who can make an instant impact, that is McCaffrey. You do not get all wrapped up in that silly you talked about, and that was rookie crap, ok? You want a player who will put stress on a defense and it doesn't matter how or from where, you got this?

McCaffrey can return KO's, punts, can catch the ball, he's a RB. That kind of athlete is a valued commodity, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?
    Switzer can do all that, well maybe you don't use him in the backfield much, but if you're going to exclusively side to side run with McCaffrey as you wanted then it becomes pretty obvious for the defense.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pedokent destroying another thread posting unrelated to topic discussion

look kent, we all know u love the bbc
    In case ya haven't noticed asshole the OP has no problems with it, so mind your own ing business, ya got that ?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Switzer can do all that, well maybe you don't use him in the backfield much, but if you're going to exclusively side to side run with McCaffrey as you wanted then it becomes pretty obvious for the defense.
    Dude, are you for real? The whole thing with McCaffrey is....will he run or receive? You really don't get this? Switzer isn't going to be running the football at 174 pounds (not a thickly muscled 174). So where is that treat of the run? So how does the D treat him vs McCaffrey?

Why not do less talking and more watching and learning, ok?

McCaffrey can be moved all over the field, what does that do ti a D?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    McCaffrey can be moved all over the field, what does that do ti a D?
    A lot less than a punishing 6'1" 230 pound bell cow behind a physical offensive line.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah I did that for 8 months, better part of last year and got laid off early this year, and couldn't stand sitting around on the computer 8 hours a day and falling asleep and being constantly being pestered by annoying, smelly Indians. If I hadn't gotten laid off I probably would have quit after being there 1 year. No thanks to that again.

Also, the market up here stinks for new IT jobs unless you really like Java/C#. I hate object oriented programming. I wouldn't mind doing data analytics/data mining though, but there's not many jobs for that.

I'd rather deal with passing off 16 year olds with gf/bf/sports/cheerleading problems than with smelly old Indian men who have zero respect for our country and our home culture... when in Rome, do as the Romans do, okay? They obviously don't get it.
    Bro, you are right about that. I work in the tech industry now and am trying to upskill through books, free online courses, YouTube, etc. What's up with the disproportionate amount of Indians giving these lectures? There's more Chatterjees in this sector than in a New Delhi phonebook. quite frustrating tbh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A lot less than a punishing 6'1" 230 pound bell cow behind a physical offensive line.
    Now think, ok? How hard is it to scheme a line thumper? Now compare that to a multi faceted all over the field in a mul ude of formaions offensive weapon?

Pay attention...

Yes, in that 4th quarter trying to protect a lead and run clock, ya do need that big power back to eat up time and move the chains. BUT....those guys are a dime a dozen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Now think, ok? How hard is it to scheme a line thumper? Now compare that to a multi faceted all over the field in a mul ude of formaions offensive weapon?

Pay attention...

Yes, in that 4th quarter trying to protect a lead and run clock, ya do need that big power back to eat up time and move the chains. BUT....those guys are a dime a dozen.
    You scheme by containing the outsides and forcing the dude to run between the tackles for minimum gain. In the receiving game, you shadow the quick, short routes and challenge him to beat you deep against faster and more athletic corners.

Point being, a Danny Woodhead is a lot easier to scheme for than a prime AP or modern day Ezekiel Elliott. You put 8 in the box, it's death by the pass (if the QB is good enough), if less, it's death up the middle.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You scheme by containing the outsides and forcing the dude to run between the tackles for minimum gain. In the receiving game, you shadow the quick, short routes and challenge him to beat you deep against faster and more athletic corners.

Point being, a Danny Woodhead is a lot easier to scheme for than a prime AP or modern day Ezekiel Elliott. You put 8 in the box, it's death by the pass (if the QB is good enough), if less, it's death up the middle.
    Dude, why do you do that? When are you ever going to figure this out? What can you tell me about football? Saw my first televised game around 1959. I played over 20 years of organized football, so cool all that , ok?

Remember when you were freaking out like some rookie over the Falcons in the SB? What do I always say...........SLOW THE DOWN....right? You're lucky I have a heart and realized you're just a silly kid on the internet.

Dude, how many cornerbacks can out run McCaffrey, not many. He really is the ultimate weapon, he can hurt a D in so many different ways. And if they are smart they have him throw a few just to plant that seed and give the D more to think about.

You need to just read and learn over this one, ok?

Thread Information