Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just four days ago, he was telling his supporters to "step up the resistance."

http://kplr11.com/2017/06/10/bernie-...up-resistance/

Sorry, but his apologies mean nothing anymore. He's spent years spreading conspiracy theories about how "the system is rigged," calling for a "people's revolution," making excuses for a violent Communist regime abroad (i.e. Castro or the Sandinistas), and blaming Trump and the DNC for his own supporters' awful behavior (which he did several times during the primaries). He is one of the biggest contributors to the culture of hate, paranoia and intolerance on the left.
    Not this again.

Bernie's speech had nothing to do with the shooting.

"Hodgkinson, who died after a shootout with police, worked as a home inspector and lived with his wife in Belleville, a suburb of St. Louis. But he appeared to have stayed in the Alexandria area for at least the last six weeks, according to former Alexandria mayor Bill Euille and one other man."

"As Hodgkinson’s photo circulated in the news Wednesday, both men said they realized they had encountered Hodgkinson regularly at the local YMCA across the street from the baseball field."

"Stephen Brennwald, an Alexandria resident and attorney, said he realized that Hodgkinson was the same man he had seen hanging out for at least the last several weeks in the lobby of the YMCA ."
    He was obviously planning this for months.

He randomly showing up and shooting up congressmen doesn't make and sense. Some planning went into this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, but his apologies mean nothing anymore. He's spent years spreading conspiracy theories about how "the system is rigged," calling for a "people's revolution," making excuses for a violent Communist regime abroad (i.e. Castro or the Sandinistas), and blaming Trump and the DNC for his own supporters' awful behavior (which he did several times during the primaries). He is one of the biggest contributors to the culture of hate, paranoia and intolerance on the left.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LOL are you really complaining about this after Trump spent a year calling the system rigged at every stop?
    Trump was blamed and called out by the media every time one of his supporters so much as threw a punch. How many times during the election did we have to hear that Trump's rhetoric was dangerous and inciting violence?

In contrast, Bernie is getting a huge free pass.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was blamed and called out by the media every time one of his supporters so much as threw a punch. How many times during the election did we have to hear that Trump's rhetoric was dangerous and inciting violence?

And you're giving Trump a huge free pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you mean when somebody would get kicked out and trump would say "knock the crap out of them" or "i'd like to punch him in the face" or bring up the good old days when those people would leave on stretchers... publicly offering to cover somebody's legal fees for battery

yes, thats the same thing as bernie pleading voters to pursue a more progressive agenda

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not this again.

Bernie's speech had nothing to do with the shooting.

He was obviously planning this for months.

He randomly showing up and shooting up congressmen doesn't make and sense. Some planning went into this.
    Never said one speech had anything to do with the shooting. It's years' worth of dangerous rhetoric coming from Bernie. Words like "revolution" and "resistance" should never be used anywhere near as casually as they currently are by Bernie and others. Bernie's not telling his supporters to go commit violent acts, but he's still pushing the Overton Window in a dangerous direction with the rhetoric he's actually using.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And you're giving Trump a huge free pass.
    No, I'm not. It was completely inappropriate when he said he'd pay the legal fees for anyone who knocked out a protester.

It was also inappropriate for Bernie to blame Trump and the DNC for his own supporters' violence and refuse to take responsibility.

The difference is, with Trump, it was a huge controversy. With Bernie, he was lightly criticized for a day or two and then the news cycle moved on to other stories.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Never said one speech had anything to do with the shooting. It's years' worth of dangerous rhetoric coming from Bernie. Words like "revolution" and "resistance" should never be used anywhere near as casually as they currently are by Bernie and others. Bernie's not telling his supporters to go commit violent acts, but he's still pushing the Overton Window in a dangerous direction with the rhetoric he's actually using.
    words are dangerous

suck it up, snowflake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm not. It was completely inappropriate when he said he'd pay the legal fees for anyone who knocked out a protester.

It was also inappropriate for Bernie to blame Trump and the DNC for his own supporters' violence and refuse to take responsibility.

The difference is, with Trump, it was a huge controversy. With Bernie, he was lightly criticized for a day or two and then the news cycle moved on to other stories.
    regardless of how inappropriate that was, did bernie every advocate for violence in any respect that resembles what trump did? that you tried to equate the two earlier is absolutely ludicrous

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    regardless of how inappropriate that was, did bernie every advocate for violence in any respect that resembles what trump did? that you tried to equate the two earlier is absolutely ludicrous
    Actually, I wasn't trying to "equate" Bernie with anyone. All I did in my initial post was criticize Bernie's rhetoric. It's the forum libs who immediately jumped to "but, but, Trump!" instead of explaining why they disagree with what I actually posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I wasn't trying to "equate" Bernie with anyone. All I did in my initial post was criticize Bernie's rhetoric. It's the forum libs who immediately jumped to "but, but, Trump!" instead of explaining why they disagree with what I actually posted.
    I disagree because he never made anything that resembles a call for violence. Not even though innuendo or vague suggestion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I disagree because he never made anything that resembles a call for violence.
    Never said he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy that, if he didn't want to kill Scalise he could have just punched him and tried to run off. Probably just choked once he had to actually pull the trigger.
    I don't mean he didn't plan on killing him. I think he couldn't do it once he got the cold steel against his face. I mean, you can't hit a man size target with a rifle at that distance, you're not really that into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I have no clue what the you're even talking about. You agree he didn't make anything that resembles a call for violence, but also say his condemnation of the shooting is meaningless and that he's getting a free pass (for what, exactly?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot dismiss crazy by saying he heard someone talk about revolution. Whatever happened to crazy? Crazy people exist everywhere. When a mom kills her kids because the pastor talked about Abraham, was it the pastor's fault? Mom was ing nuts. Homey with the rifle was ing nuts.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm sure you raised similar objections to Tea Party rhetoric in 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had the first shots and still targets initially. Obviously moving targets, especially ones firing back at you, completely changes .
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only in your fevered brain does "get out there and get politically active, vote, and elect progressive candidates" become an incitement to violence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, violence isn't the answer for any disagreement, no matter what your political opinion.

Crazy is, as crazy does, and both sides need to check themselves for heated rhetoric because the crazies are listening and responding.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nothing wrong with bernies rhetoric.

people are mad. people have the right to say theyre mad. those people shouldnt be blamed when some asshole goes and starts shooting people.

ing re ed to compare trump with bernie and about hypocrisy

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trash Exec IS , and so is the Repug Congress.

Blame the media for reporting that Trash, etc are total ?
    So you are saying trust the democrats when your average democrat is out there shooting political figures? Yeah... I think not.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Then I have no clue what the you're even talking about. You agree he didn't make anything that resembles a call for violence, but also say his condemnation of the shooting is meaningless and that he's getting a free pass (for what, exactly?).
    You see no issue at all when a radical leftist politician who was friendly with violent Communist regimes in the '80s, lived on a Stalinist kibbutz, honeymooned in the USSR during the Cold War, etc. starts calling for "revolution" and "resistance" in his own country? Nothing strikes you as worrisome about that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are saying trust the democrats when your average democrat is out there shooting political figures? Yeah... I think not.
    1 delusional, crazy got tries (and fails miserably) to kill people and suddenly an entire political party is at fault. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot dismiss crazy by saying he heard someone talk about revolution. Whatever happened to crazy? Crazy people exist everywhere. When a mom kills her kids because the pastor talked about Abraham, was it the pastor's fault? Mom was ing nuts. Homey with the rifle was ing nuts.
    I don't think the shooter was nuts. There weren't any reports of him yelling crazy or anything. More likely he was just pissed off because he's a -up and the Republican party was his scapegoat for his failed life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I forgot, was this Glen Hoßart?

Thread Information