Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but wasnt canelo like 22 at the time?

And Mayweather was what? 38-39?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    These things are going to feel like 10 lb dumbbells to McGregor by the 4th Round. Anyone who's ever laced up a pair and punched a bag for a while can relate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall need to stop calling him a runner. Just the greatest defensive fighter of all time. Look how he toyed with Canelo.

That's pretty impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall need to stop calling him a runner. Just the greatest defensive fighter of all time. Look how he toyed with Canelo.

The same Canelo that ducked Golovkin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this real??

What a joke

Lol at the re s watching this let alone the re ed s that will go see this excrement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pointless fight. No way McGregor beats Mayweather in boxing. If it was any other type of fight or martial art, Mcgregor would win.
    Anybody who pays to watch this fight are idiots!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so interesting to read opinions by people who have never trained a combat sport in their life. McGregor is going to come to fight, probably get picked apart and out worked. And it's not because Mayweather is the greatest fighter of all time it's because McGregor won't be able to compete at that high of a level in a boxing ring. But granted there are a lot of lower level MMA fighters who could kick the out of Mayweather in an MMA fight. The whole thing is stupid on a surface level but it's a spectacle and it's being done at the right time while they're both still on top of the world. Kind of what boxing missed out on with Pacquiao.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Someone's getting knocked out and it ain't Floyd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same Canelo that ducked Golovkin?
    they have a fight booked

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    come on guys, this is a lopsided match that favors the obvious. connor is overrated to begin with, mayweather will run circles on McGregor.

odds this breaks the PPV number previously set by pac-mayweather?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lots of MMA casual fans are saying not to underestimate McGregor and that Floyd is going to have a hard fight

It's boxing, Floyd has boxed longer than Connor has lived. This is not going to bode well for the Irish boy, he doesn't have a solid chin and might actually get knocked out if he hasn't learned enough head movement to avoid getting counter punched every time Mayweather baits him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have a fight booked
    Thats not the whole story, when he had to fight Golovkin Canelo boy chose to step down with the lame excuse that he needed a full year to fight in a heavier category, he already had the weight but gave up the belt and decided to fight against bums hoping Golovkin slows down a bit.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ays-liam-smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats not the whole story, when he had to fight Golovkin Canelo boy chose to step down with the lame excuse that he needed a full year to fight in a heavier category, he already had the weight but gave up the belt and decided to fight against bums hoping Golovkin slows down a bit.

so smith was talking, and then 2 days later got the beat out of him by canelo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw yall some ing losers for making this thread past 2 and 1/2 pages

This thread shoukda been on page 3 of the forum index already

This is my last post on this disgusting idea

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, you re

He gave up the belt because it had a mandatory date to agree on terms and Golovkin was guaranteed at least a 40/60 split at worse. Canelo is the A-Side, and it isn't close. He sells 1M PPV's while Golovkin sold 150k against a good opponent in Jacobs.

Canelo is fighting Golovkin now, on his $$$ terms. No catchweight, and GGG is undefeated. Typical Argie hating on a non-Argie Latino while sounding clueless.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but wasnt canelo like 22 at the time?
    Canelo was 23y 1m old
    Floyd was 36y 6m old

Floyd never depended on power though, he's a boxer so his style ages like wine. Same as Hopkins. Canelo was a completely different fighter otoh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so smith was talking, and then 2 days later got the beat out of him by canelo.
    Ducking still, you are picking he said she said, the point of the article was to refresh your memory, one year ago Canelo ducked Golovkin, Sugar Ray ducked Hagler for ages, just to win a lame fight vs a gassed Marvin throwing slaps and dances to score invisible points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you re

He gave up the belt because it had a mandatory date to agree on terms and Golovkin was guaranteed at least a 40/60 split at worse. Canelo is the A-Side, and it isn't close. He sells 1M PPV's while Golovkin sold 150k against a good opponent in Jacobs.

Canelo is fighting Golovkin now, on his $$$ terms. No catchweight, and GGG is undefeated. Typical Argie hating on a non-Argie Latino while sounding clueless.
    He had the chance 1 year ago, and that ginger bozo never fought anyone relevant, is not about the money is that Golovkin is gonna kill him.
    Lol bringin the money excuse while giving up the belt, a real champ.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am more dumbfounded by people picking Mayweather by decision than I am with ppl taking McGregor by KO. How the is Conor going to last 12 rounds against this guy? He has a better shot of landing a KO punch than doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Conor McGregor's team have confirmed they will not be looking in to hiring a professional boxing coach and his camp will be run by Owen Roddy, his striking coach in addition to John Kavanagh.

at this farce. Floyd ripped everyone off with the Pacquiao "fight" and now he gets to rip more people off with this 1 minute TKO for another $200 mil while going 50-0 in the process, retiring for real and taking away the spotlight from GGG-Alvarez.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Conor McGregor's team have confirmed they will not be looking in to hiring a professional boxing coach and his camp will be run by Owen Roddy, his striking coach in addition to John Kavanagh.

at this farce. Floyd ripped everyone off with the Pacquiao "fight" and now he gets to rip more people off with this 1 minute TKO for another $200 mil while going 50-0 in the process, retiring for real and taking away the spotlight from GGG-Alvarez.
    No boxing coach? Connor either thinks he gots this with amateur level boxing skill or he's planning on just throwing the fight early and getting his payout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bet my 401k on mayweather.

also under 9 rounds is easy money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This fight is a joke but the pre-fight festivities will be the best part. Good entertainment tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information