Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about IT, I've been saying they should have already been shopping him..the problem with him is that he has already developed a cult following in Boston..they waited too long to move him, now it's tricky..

I don't think Bradley is relevant to their plans, though..he's a nice player, but he's now in that awkward spot where he's too good to be a role player, but not good enough to be a top guy, as we have seen throughout NBA history..
    I just don't think BOS can wait out Lebron GS. That could be 2-5 years. That is far too long even with having all the picks because of what you will lose.

Have to take your shot while still doing the best you can (they still have a ton of draft picks).

They should have traded IT, gotten a player or pick, drafted their PG of the future on a rookie deal, then built from there. But who knows where they are headed and what moves they make.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @29 1)Ojeleye 2)Bolden 3)Evans 4)Motley 5)Bradley 6)Jackson
    Last edited by keithington1; 06-19-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love what the Celtics are doing, tbh, even knowing the risks that accompany high-drafted players..

Adding players like Hayward and Butler still doesn't give them any shot at a le..they weren't even in Cleveland's league, let alone GS..might as well wait out LeBron's prime and the Warriors' eventual decline..

It's especially nice because their team will remain near the top of the East, which avoids the usual scrutiny towards a rebuilding team..
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Suns trying to trade up to draft Lonzo Ball
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/...t5R&ocid=ientp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade 29 to Philly for Okafor?

Nate Duncan mentioned him on his Pod as a good fit here and his value being at an all time low. Wouldn't mind it if we also planned on moving LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Duncan is a GS sucker. Why would Spurs want a zero defense big. Okafor is a piss poor version of LA. Let him go to GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do Gasol and 29 for Oak and feel really good about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Duncan is a GS sucker. Why would Spurs want a zero defense big. Okafor is a piss poor version of LA. Let him go to GS.
    Ok, you hate Nate Duncan.

But I don't think Okafor for a small asset is that ridiculous of an idea. Dude has had a go of it since being drafted, and might be worth seeing what he could do in a new setting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because of how much he shat on the Spurs for getting Gasol and his defense, meanwhile Okafor makes Pau look like Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, you hate Nate Duncan.

But I don't think Okafor for a small asset is that ridiculous of an idea. Dude has had a go of it since being drafted, and might be worth seeing what he could do in a new setting.
    He's had a sh*t go of it because he has a sh*t work ethic. That said, it's a fine gamble but one in which I would have very little expectation of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. The scenario they were spitballing about was part of a sign & trade with J. Simms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trying to get bigmen that need the ball on their hands. Those type of bigmen are only worth getting if they have 1st tier talent or potential. Okafor (if that's the guy you are talking about, if not disregard this whole comment ) just isn't that kind of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trying to get bigmen that need the ball on their hands. Those type of bigmen are only worth getting if they have 1st tier talent or potential. Okafor (if that's the guy you are talking about, if not disregard this whole comment ) just isn't that kind of player.
    The Spurs' idea with Gasol wasn't bad. Then wanted two post-up bigs to force GS to play big. By and large, they did that even while getting their pushed in without Kawhi. The issue is that Pau is old, expensive and hates posting up. Seeing as we've been talking about the Spurs paying to get rid of Pau anyway, it seems like moving him for Oak accomplishes both what we want as fans and Pop seems to want as a coach.

If anything, Oak is like a Bazarro LMA. Dude is not very diverse and kind dumb in terms of BBIQ and life. But he's not soft, and he'll take the ball inside any time he touches it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' idea with Gasol wasn't bad. Then wanted two post-up bigs to force GS to play big. By and large, they did that even while getting their pushed in without Kawhi. The issue is that Pau is old, expensive and hates posting up. Seeing as we've been talking about the Spurs paying to get rid of Pau anyway, it seems like moving him for Oak accomplishes both what we want as fans and Pop seems to want as a coach.

If anything, Oak is like a Bazarro LMA. Dude is not very diverse and kind dumb in terms of BBIQ and life. But he's not soft, and he'll take the ball inside any time he touches it.
    Okafor would be a terrible get. And if Pop's idea to beat GS is to have two post up bigs then he needs to change strategy asap. That's not the way to beat GS, much less with Softdridge and Gasoft or Dumbkafor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okafor would be a terrible get. And if Pop's idea to beat GS is to have two post up bigs then he needs to change strategy asap. That's not the way to beat GS, much less with Softdridge and Gasoft or Dumbkafor.
    I actually think that having two bigs who CAN post up is a perfectly fine strategy. Aldridge and Okafor post up in completely different ways, though. You don't see Oak shooting jumpers. Dude makes quick moves and doesn't shy away from contact. There are certainly things he needs to add to be a complete offensive player, but his game on that end is damned interesting. I'd love to see what Tim could do.

D is a different story, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think that having two bigs who CAN post up is a perfectly fine strategy. Aldridge and Okafor post up in completely different ways, though. You don't see Oak shooting jumpers. Dude makes quick moves and doesn't shy away from contact. There are certainly things he needs to add to be a complete offensive player, but his game on that end is damned interesting. I'd love to see what Tim could do.

WTF is PHX doing trying to get another PG?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the way to beat GSW? It sure as isn't trying to out smallball them. The dual post strategy has actually given them fits; we just have less than ideal bigs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think he'll ever great great on the defensive end but, I do think he can improve and become a good team defensive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe PHX knows they can fleece Magic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is actually use him. They have some guys who clearly aren't long-term answers and a maybe in Ulis. While I don't see why they need to trade up for him, I can totally understand taking Ball to go with Booker, Chriss and Bender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe PHX knows they can fleece Magic

All right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he'll ever great great on the defensive end but, I do think he can improve and become a good team defensive player.
    I think he can do what LMA and Gasol needed to do in the WCF. I'm sure he s up a lot or turns it over trying to make moves, but the Spurs have not had anyone who could post up like Oak in a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the Spurs could get Lonzo Ball (and Lavar by proxy)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is actually use him. They have some guys who clearly aren't long-term answers and a maybe in Ulis. While I don't see why they need to trade up for him, I can totally understand taking Ball to go with Booker, Chriss and Bender.
    They should definitely be in the trade market, at least. Other than that... I guess they should rehire Hornacek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the Spurs could get Lonzo Ball (and Lavar by proxy)
    Why?

Thread Information