Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not offer LMA unless you had a commitment from PG he would re-sign. Other than that you offer Pau (expiring deal) + a first round pick+ a young player they like not named Murray.

LMA I would do for sure but only if PG said he commits to SA
    I'm pretty sure that if George is traded to a contender (i.e: Spurs or Cavs) he stays there. After a season of playing meangful games, with the chance of actually winning, he would get the taste for it and wouldn't abandon it to go suck in LA at age 30 something.

And even if he doesn't resign, I prefer having all that cap space than Aldridge, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a year of George over two of Aldridge any day, especially since it would keep the Spurs from throwing huge money at Aldridge in a year or two (depending on whether he opts out).
    If LMA sucks SA is not going to pay him so I'm not concerned there tbh..Spurs were a WCF team with LMA (even with poor play and injuries from the guards).

I would not be so quick to surrender that with no viable plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Dedmon gone, LMA would be gone, Lee gone. Not a good situation from a big perspective at all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not the Lakers "and most def not the Spurs". Spurs were in the WCF and LA was the bottom of the league. PG is not the difference in 15 wins. Sorry guy.
    You Finished as the first loser in the west congrats. Y'all get a banner for that? How about the regular season ? That's quite an accomplishment. People are only going to remember the dubs. So yeah u were closer this year, but that window is closing at a rapid pace, pops aging, LMA was a terrible decision , and no young prospects. In surprised if kawhi stays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA sucks SA is not going to pay him so I'm not concerned there tbh..Spurs were a WCF team with LMA (even with poor play and injuries from the guards).

They paid Jefferson after he was horrific. The plan would be to ink George to a longterm deal and the backup plan would be to focus on depth with the capspace you'd open up by moving Aldridge should George walk to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

*Spurs were a WCF team despite LA, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Dedmon gone, LMA would be gone, Lee gone. Not a good situation from a big perspective at all.
    No NBA roster should have more than 3 or 4 bigs on their roster either way. And none of them should be the highest paid player of the team, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhis ankle
    carried of like a got
    dubsss
    zaza
    Laugh it up. Your own Jerry West is a huge Kawhi fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking Kyrie would be the second option over Paul George
    He would be. George is obviously the better all around player, but Irving is a better shot creator and he's the in bent. George would have to essentially morph into a 3 and D type and he's probably still too young and arrogant to be willing to do so, even if it does mean being in the Finals.

Still, it's worth a shot for the Cavaliers. He's obviously a better fit against the Warriors than Love would be and they can't do better. Get him indoctrinated into a championship environment for a year and see if he's still willing to turn down that, the extra year/money and playing with the best player on the planet.

If the Lakers are smart, they don't chance it. They should start lower, but if/when, offer Deng, Russell, Randle for George and Allen (t/o) and get it done. They'll eventually have to make decisions on which young guys to pay anyway, especially if they add a second max player in the next few years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "The Magic effect"

There's been talk of George going to LA for years because it's where he grew up. Magic has nothing to do with that, tbh. And what happens to "the Magic effect" if Jerry West swoops in, trades for George and dares him to leave?

Everything you say is always conveniently with the narrative that fits your view. How do you explain Le3-5 losing again this year btw?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laugh it up. Your own Jerry West is a huge Kawhi fan.
    I'm a huge kawhi fan myself , but I dislike that uniform he wears.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge kawhi fan myself , but I dislike that uniform he wears.
    I can't believe I'm going to say this as I've been a Spurs fan for close to 25 years, but if the Spurs can't get a decent team around him that can legitimately compete for Championships, I don't think I would have a problem with him going to LA. I think they would definitely be able to get a Championship level roster built with him as you guys can draw more star players there through free agency. I really do think he should be playing/competing for Championships year in and year out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't believe I'm going to say this as I've been a Spurs fan for close to 25 years, but if the Spurs can't get a decent team around him that can legitimately compete for Championships, I don't think I would have a problem with him going to LA. I think they would definitely be able to get a Championship level roster built with him as you guys can draw more star players there through free agency. I really do think he should be playing/competing for Championships year in and year out.

3rd best player in the league , and it's real close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3rd best player in the league , and it's real close.
    Who do you have above? Lebron and KD?

Question : Has there been many Lakers legends (top 10 players in the league at the time) that are from the area that played on previous Championship teams? I wonder how the fans would embrace players like Kawhi or even Paul George who are from the area?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who do you have above? Lebron and KD?

Question : Has there been many Lakers legends (top 10 players in the league at the time) that are from the area that played on previous Championship teams? I wonder how the fans would embrace players like Kawhi or even Paul George who are from the area?
    lebron
    kawhi/KD

Not that I recall , theres a good amount of ballers from southern cal in the league now days. PG, Kawhi, harden , Westbrook,klay, demar. Those I can remember , all would be embraced tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Paul George is a Clippers fan btw.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George is a Clippers fan btw.
    either way getting PG and losing Blake or CP3 is a lateral move at best ...probably a downgrade post Pg injury
    serious potential downgrade if they lose both.
    S&H what moves would you make if you were Doc?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    either way getting PG and losing Blake or CP3 is a lateral move at best ...probably a downgrade post Pg injury
    serious potential downgrade if they lose both.
    S&H what moves would you make if you were Doc?
    DJ would be the odd man out in a trade for George, not Blake or Chris.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

The Jerry Effect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be hilarious. If LAL, after PG publicly saying he wants the Lakers, loses out on PG to the Clippers because of West?

That would be the cherry on top of an already embarrassing past few years for the Laker franchise.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That would be hilarious. If LAL, after PG publicly saying he wants the Lakers, loses out on PG to the Clippers because of West?

That would be the cherry on top of an already embarrassing past few years for the Laker franchise.
    would like george but he is no saviour...if they lose blake or Paul they gain nothing ...
    Would like to have him ...but at max plus giving up assets?
    let him go to the jv squad ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would like george but he is no saviour...if they lose blake or Paul they gain nothing ...
    It's a pr nightmare. LAL brand has been damaged and this would be a horrific PR blow to Magic & Rob. PG is a Laker already in most LAL fans minds.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    blocking LA2 will still be worth it regardless

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    A year from now LA1 might be throwing out a roster of LeBron, CP3, Melo, and Paul George.

LA2 will counter with Lonzo Ball

Thread Information