Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All-Star forward Paul George has informed the Indiana Pacers that he plans to become a free agent in the summer of 2018 and will leave the franchise – preferably for the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told The Vertical.

George hasn’t requested a trade before he can opt out of his 2018-19 contract, but did have his agent, Aaron Mintz, tell new Indiana president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard that he wanted to be forthright on his plans and spare the franchise any confusion about his intentions, league sources told The Vertical.

George can sign a four-year deal worth as much as $130 million with Los Angeles next year. George is a Southern California native and playing for the Lakers would represent a homecoming for him.

George plans to play out the 2017-18 season with Indiana, but wants to give the organization the chance to plan appropriately for its future – which George told the team won’t include him, league sources said.

George’s desire to join the Lakers has massive repercussions on the free-agent market in 2018. Under president Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka, George would represent the first NBA star in years to choose the Lakers in free agency. As Los Angeles’ management reshapes its roster, George could be a lure to recruit other top available players to the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wont be an awkward year for his teammates . Imagine PG yelling at you knowing he doesn't care to be there and he's going to LA.

LA and IND should work out a deal ASAP. Even though LA has all the leverage, getting him into the fold now, guaranteed with no other FA suitors is massvie IMO. Don't give up the farm, but get him now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wont be an awkward year for his teammates . Imagine PG yelling at you knowing he doesn't care to be there and he's going to LA.

LA and IND should work out a deal ASAP. Even though LA has all the leverage, getting him into the fold now, guaranteed with no other FA suitors is massvie IMO. Don't give up the farm, but get him now.
    Yeah but who is LA2 going to offer the Pacers? I'd rather lose him for nothing than trade him for their crap contracts. The only asset they have that I'd want is the #2 pick. I don't get the hype on Ingram and the rest of the roster is B-level prospects and badly overpaid vets.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    nba
    spurs
    stacked

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    cleveland tbh. getting PG13 for overrated kevin scrub is another coup by LeGOAT
    Last edited by SuperCam; 06-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but who is LA2 going to offer the Pacers? I'd rather lose him for nothing than trade him for their crap contracts. The only asset they have that I'd want is the #2 pick. I don't get the hype on Ingram and the rest of the roster is B-level prospects and badly overpaid vets.
    Eh - I'd take a flier on Nance/Randle or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh - I'd take a flier on Nance/Randle or something.
    I wouldn't. I'd try to sell him on Cleveland and take Kevin Love for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "league sources"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't. I'd try to sell him on Cleveland and take Kevin Love for him.
    Oh 100%. I just don't know if anyone is offering a player of Loves caliber.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh 100%. I just don't know if anyone is offering a player of Loves caliber.
    I bet Cleveland would in a second if they could get an assurance George reups. The Cavs desperately need a player like George with how porous their defense is. Love hasn't been a good fit there and the deal would seem like a no-brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also trading for George would probably keep LeBron in Cleveland next summer. If you're Paul George and LeBron calls you and tells you how much he needs you to get through Golden State, are you saying no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm saying is PG is not going to commit to anyone but La. We know that now. Any team other than la would be trading in hopes he commits afterwards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm saying is PG is not going to commit to anyone but La. We know that now. Any team other than la would be trading in hopes he commits afterwards.
    He said he prefers to go to the Lakers. That doesn't mean there aren't other teams he'd be interested in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he prefers to go to the Lakers. That doesn't mean there aren't other teams he'd be interested in.
    Ok - we shall see

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If this goes down, I think some of you guys owes Magic an apology...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If this goes down, I think some of you guys owes Magic an apology...
    ...for building a 35-win team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fans of two teams.

I love the Lakers and the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry Magic you have AIDS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but just a year ago players who are a tier lower than George (Derozan) refused the Lakers invitation and best they got was Deng and Mozgov.

The Magic effect is real.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fans of two teams.

I love the Lakers and the Warriors.
    kawhis ankle
    carried of like a got
    dubsss
    zaza

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's only worth it if they get another player in the same tier as George, and even then, they probably won't contend with anyone other than the Clippers and Jazz for the 4,5,6 seed

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Perhaps, but just a year ago players who are a tier lower than George (Derozan) refused the Lakers invitation and best they got was Deng and Mozgov.

The Magic effect is real.
    "The Magic effect"

There's been talk of George going to LA for years because it's where he grew up. Magic has nothing to do with that, tbh. And what happens to "the Magic effect" if Jerry West swoops in, trades for George and dares him to leave?

Thread Information