Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FRED WARMBIER: When Otto was first taken, we were advised by the past administration to take a low profile while they worked to obtain his release. We did so without result. Earlier this year, Cindy and I decided the time for strategic patience was over.
    "Obama is a good goy. He will take care of it"

More bull and lies from the former Obama dictatorship. How is this guy not in prison yet?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Trump brought him home brain dead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how did Obama's strategy fail?

at what point did the guy go brain-dead? maybe in preparation to dump him back on USA, having nothing to with Trash's storm Exec?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A. He was an asshole to go there.

B. I got 3 sons. They could go, but, it'd be over their mother's & my dead bodies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A. He was an asshole to go there.
    Agreed. Why would any American tourist want to put money into Kim Jong Un's pockets by going to his piece of country?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed. Why would any American tourist want to put money into Kim Jong Un's pockets by going to his piece of country?
    WTF was he thinking? His parents as well. NOW, they're up in arms and concerned. "No, you ain't going. No." I'd of played a bit of possum if necessary, then sent him for milk. While he was gone I'd get that passport and take it to the Wells Fargo & the safety deposit box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF was he thinking? His parents as well. NOW, they're up in arms and concerned. "No, you ain't going. No." I'd of played a bit of possum if necessary, then sent him for milk. While he was gone I'd get that passport and take it to the Wells Fargo & the safety deposit box.
    Can't make an adult do what you want, although they probably paid for the trip too and should assume some of the blame if so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL parents are dip s for politicizing this. Obama bad, Trump good.

Now our son is a veggie, damn you Obama.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL parents are dip s for politicizing this. Obama bad, Trump good.

Now our son is a veggie, damn you Obama.
    I heartily agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.npr.org/2017/06/15/533102...or-sons-injury

“I am so shocked the first thing after I got the phone call was, ‘Did you read the State Department’s blog on North Korea before you let him go?’’’ Cindy Warmbier said. “They acted like we were ignorant, basically, for letting him go. We feel ignorant.”
    Obama has to fix our up

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't make an adult do what you want, although they probably paid for the trip too and should assume some of the blame if so.

Please. At 19 our middle son started smoking and we suspected was on some kind of drug. He came home one nite with his pupils dilated. I took him down the next day to get tested. The tester was a bit uncomfortable since he was over 18. I didn't give a . He gave him the plastic cup and sent him to the john. I thought, what the ! I didn't go to all that trouble and expense to let him go in there and finagle that test. So, I barged in to the stall, physically checked his junk and stood by while he filled the cup, then I presented the cup to the attendant who was outraged. him. It was negative, thank Christ. That nite Girl went after him in an harangue to end all harangues. The whole gamut was brought to bear. I was dumbfounded---I was just going to give him the dutch uncle treatment about smoking and let it go, grateful he wasn't on drugs. Not the old lady. It was her finest hour and 15 years later I'll cite her at odd times, because it saved our child.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. At 19 our middle son started smoking and we suspected was on some kind of drug. He came home one nite with his pupils dilated. I took him down the next day to get tested. The tester was a bit uncomfortable since he was over 18. I didn't give a . He gave him the plastic cup and sent him to the john. I thought, what the ! I didn't go to all that trouble and expense to let him go in there and finagle that test. So, I barged in to the stall, physically checked his junk and stood by while he filled the cup, then I presented the cup to the attendant who was outraged. him. It was negative, thank Christ. That nite Girl went after him in an harangue to end all harangues. The whole gamut was brought to bear. I was dumbfounded---I was just going to give him the dutch uncle treatment about smoking and let it go, grateful he wasn't on drugs. Not the old lady. It was her finest hour and 15 years later I'll cite her at odd times, because it saved our child.

You have shown more patience than I would have for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican White Privelege Male college Dude Bro goes into hostile country and defaces their sacred property (regardless of whether we agree a sign is sacred), is convicted of the crime, and things happen in their third world style captivity. Parents blame the Dems.

Imagine if this happened in Mexico and kid was in a Mexican jail. Would it still be socially acceptable for the parents to blame the dems instead of their own upbringing (considering we all have heard what goes on in Mexican prisons)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ea-regime.html

Otto Warmbier dead: Trump condemns 'brutal' North Korea regime

President Trump slammed North Korea's "brutal regime" Monday after the death of college student Otto Warmbier, who was released by the communist nation in a coma last week.

"Lot of bad things happened," Trump said during a White House meeting with technology CEOs, “but at least we got him home to be with his parents."

"It's a brutal regime," Trump went on, "and we'll be able to handle it."

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the United States held North Korea accountable for Warmbier's "unjust imprisonment" and demanded that the country release three other Americans it is holding prisoner for alleged crimes against the state. The U.S. government has previously accused North Korea of using such detainees as political pawns.

Warmbier was held by North Korea for more than 17 months before he was medically evacuated June 13. He died Monday at University of Cincinnati Medical Center, near where he grew up in suburban Wyoming.

Warmbier’s family said in a statement that "the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans" meant that "no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today."

In a written statement, Trump said that "Otto's fate deepens my Administration's determination to prevent such tragedies from befalling innocent people at the hands of regimes that do not respect the rule of law or basic human decency."

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, who has led the charge for tougher sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear missile program, said "Countless innocent men and women have died at the hand of the North Korean criminals, but the singular case of Otto Warmbier touches the American heart like no other.

"While Otto Warmbier's memory will always be a blessing to his loved ones," Haley added, "it will also serve as an indelible reminder to us of the barbaric nature of the North Korean dictatorship."

Warmbier had traveled to North Korea as part of a tour group when he was detained at Pyongyang's airport in January 2016. The company that organized the trip, Young Pioneer Tours, announced after Warmbier's death that it would no longer organize tours of North Korea for U.S. citizens.

"The assessment of risk for Americans visiting North Korea has become too high," said the company, which has also offered tours to Iran, Iraq and former Soviet republicans and boasted of booking "budget tours to destinations your mother would rather you stayed away from."

The State Department warns against travel to North Korea, but does not explicitly forbid it. While nearly all Americans who have been there have left without incident, visitors can be suddenly seized and face lengthy incarceration for what might seem like minor infractions.

On Capitol Hill, Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., the chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee, called for the U.S. to ban all tourist travel to North Korea.

"Travel propaganda lures far too many people to North Korea," Royce said. "This is a regime that regularly kidnaps foreign citizens and keeps 120,000 North Koreans in barbaric gulags."

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Warmbier was "murdered by the [North Korean dictator] Kim Jong-un[sic] regime."

"In the final year of his life, he lived the nightmare in which the North Korean people have been trapped for 70 years: forced labor, mass starvation, systematic cruelty, torture, and murder," McCain said, later adding, "The United States of America cannot and should not tolerate the murder of its citizens by hostile powers."

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, said North Korea should be "universally condemned for its abhorrent behavior.” He added that Warmbier’s family "had to endure more than any family should have to bear."

Ohio’s other senator, Democrat Sherrod Brown, said the country's "de able actions ... must be condemned."

“Our hearts are broken for Otto’s family and everyone who knew and loved him,” Brown added.

The state's governor, John Kasich, described Warmbier as "a young man of exceptional spirit."

"This horrendous situation further underscores the evil, oppressive nature of the North Korean regime that has such disregard for human life," Kasich says.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America does this consistently on innocent Muslims.

The hypocracy.

They also did this innocent South Americans in operation condor.

They're the biggest evil in this world.

Crying over a spoiled brats death.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time finding sympathy for someone stupid enough to willingly go to NK, knowing what we know.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have a hard time finding sympathy for someone stupid enough to willingly go to NK, knowing what we know.
    leash

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... 1) go there AND

2) get caught vandalizing.

ing en led prick
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who hasn't killed anybody?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dangerous crackpot, they disrespect us all the time
    couldn't we be friends instead?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

terrorist government
    we can work together for peace

if the US is attacked, all Japan would do is "sit home and watch Sony television".
    [Putins]'s doing a great job

"People don't realize Canada has been really rough with the United States," Trump said before signing an executive order on an agriculture task force on Tuesday." They've outsmarted our politicians for years."
    "I respect Putin and Russians but cannot believe our leader (Obama) allows them to get away with so much...Hats off to the Russians."

Russia threatens to shoot down American warplanes in Syria

Mexico's totally corrupt gov't looks horrible
    [Putins]'s doing a great job
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody see a pattern yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anybody see a pattern yet?
    it's blatant,

and I add Trash's praise for Erdogan and Duterte and NK guy, a parallal pattern of Trash favoring murderous autocrats

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I see a pattern of lefties constantly complaining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from smoking?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there have never been any successful drug addicts. Having an addictive personality has never lead to anyone being super successful.

Thread Information