Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, but my point still stands- what team still thinks Love is anything more than a serviceable player in the right system?
    Sure, he gets stats on teams... put on a good team and you recognize his true worth, which is not that much.

Whether it's a 2nd team, or 3rd team, or whatever- how is Love valued?
    And if it's not Love, who? Thompson? Lol.
    Kyrie? Not even happening. Who?

I just don't get it. If a trade for PG goes through to Cleveland, someone is getting fleeced. Whether they know it, or not.

Believe it... or not(with Jack Palance saying it).
    Agree completely, Curly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, same with Boston..if Ainge could pull off a Love-Hayward duo, all those white ex-NBA fans that love college ball would be glued to their TVs, tbh..
    Griffin would fall into that category too right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what they'd be hoping for: that George would give his blessing. It's a risk worth taking when the alternative is getting Julian Randle or some other crap that the Lakers don't want anyways. I don't think George did anything wrong. He gave the Pacers plenty of advance notice he is leaving. That's much better than stringing them along and having them make trades to try to accommodate him like OKC did for that got Durant.
    George is doing what's good for George. He's sent out a clear cut signal that any team that trades for him besides the Lakers is getting a one year rental. Why did he do that? So that any trade value the Lakers have to pay for him is driven down and makes it more likely he goes to the Lakers this year as cheaply as possible shafting the Pacers. Business as usual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame Cavaliers for trying. Butler would be a somewhat awkward fit, but would still be worth a shot for something like Love, Osman and maybe some far off 1st (though they really shouldn't give up any more picks).

I can't imagine it actually happens though. Celtics and Timberwolves have been trying for a year and should be able to easily trump whatever Love can return.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George is doing what's good for George. He's sent out a clear cut signal that any team that trades for him besides the Lakers is getting a one year rental. Why did he do that? So that any trade value the Lakers have to pay for him is driven down and makes it more likely he goes to the Lakers this year as cheaply as possible shafting the Pacers. Business as usual.
    Is it clear cut? From Woj's report it sounds like his first choice is LA, but the only absolute is he wants out of Indy. I remember hearing the same thing with Dwight Howard and Brooklyn but he happily agreed to that trade to the Lakers when the Nets couldn't close a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am one of the few here that still thinks Russell is going to be a damn good player, if he could be given a less self-destructive environment. That kid has talent. I don't think at PG, but at SG/PG, with the right lineup, he can be special.
    I still see talent too. Spurs scouted him heavily. Pop likes shooters and passers and he still has size he's not using all that well. Athleticism hasn't concerned the Spurs as much as the other things.
    (Shooting, passing bbiq, compe ive spirit, etc).

Anyway, I read at the time b4 that draft RC was doing their due diligence and watched him play in person. THere was definitely interest.... but off he went and all his promise wasn't really cultivated. He's got a nice shooting touch. Unfortunately hasn't been developing right and has developed lazy habits on defense and for a guy who is not that athletic he can't slack off. Do you remember how tough Pop was with Anderson last season? It was one mistake and to the bench. He'd get burned if he's not aware of what's going on, anticipating and being in the right spot. That guy needs a coach that's tough.... and he's had the bad kind of tough coach and mentor in Kobe. He's going to have to put in a lot of work now to right his shop bc his foundation isn't right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. It was bs by PG and really hurts IND. He's forcing his way to LA basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it clear cut? From Woj's report it sounds like his first choice is LA, but the only absolute is he wants out of Indy. I remember hearing the same thing with Dwight Howard and Brooklyn but he happily agreed to that trade to the Lakers when the Nets couldn't close a deal.
    Dwight was pissed when traded to LA IIRC. The fact that it's being reported that he's only committing to LA tells you what you need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry we will have a 78 year Manu return next year. We got this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwight was pissed when traded to LA IIRC. The fact that it's being reported that he's only committing to LA tells you what you need to know.
    I remember Howard looking really happy when it happened. It wasn't until he played with Kobe that he started souring on LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like poor timing. Especially right before draft and FA when you are supposedly trying to make moves.

Also, I wonder how much of this is race related? I think people have mentioned Bron is big on empowering minorities (which is fine) but this would be another thing that alludes to that: bring in a black coach after letting go of Blatt. Bring in a black gm after letting go of Griffin. Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone posted a tweet in one of the other threads saying that PGs agent is letting people know that he's a rental this year, to anyone other than the Lakers. If true, that's pretty clear cut. But that didn't come straight from PG or his agent, from what I saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. It was bs by PG and really hurts IND. He's forcing his way to LA basically.
    I think it was fair. He is free to go where he wants and he's not stringing his franchise on for a year like Durant did. It hurts the Pacers but at least they're not making pointless moves to appease him in the hope he stays when he has already made up mind on leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone posted a tweet in one of the other threads saying that PGs agent is letting people know that he's a rental this year, to anyone other than the Lakers. If true, that's pretty clear cut. But that didn't come straight from PG or his agent, from what I saw.
    Plus Woj is reporting it without "reporting" it by saying stuff like" just how much will a team offer INDY knowing PG is a one-year rental?" Or "this signifantly hurts INDY's position in trading PG"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was fair. He is free to go where he wants and he's not stringing his franchise on for a year like Durant did. It hurts the Pacers but at least they're not making pointless moves to appease him in the hope he stays when he has already made up mind on leaving.
    He could have kept that in house if he was doing them a favor. They could have moved him to plenty of teams. But now everyone knows he wants LAL and they are making sure everyone knows that so that LA can get him with as little assets as possible.

He's not a villain or anything, but this is some serious collusion between him and LA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like poor timing. Especially right before draft and FA when you are supposedly trying to make moves.

Also, I wonder how much of this is race related? I think people have mentioned Bron is big on empowering minorities (which is fine) but this would be another thing that alludes to that: bring in a black coach after letting go of Blatt. Bring in a black gm after letting go of Griffin. Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have kept that in house if he was doing them a favor. They could have moved him to plenty of teams. But now everyone knows he wants LAL and they are making sure everyone knows that so that LA can get him with as little assets as possible.

He's not a villain or anything, but this is some serious collusion between him and LA
    I don't know, if the Pacers would have started shopping him then everyone would know he told them he's walking next year anyways. If the rental aspect of the story is true he'd come out like the asshole for hiding it and screwing over whatever team traded for him. I gotta respect that he's being honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Woj is reporting it without "reporting" it by saying stuff like" just how much will a team offer INDY knowing PG is a one-year rental?" Or "this signifantly hurts INDY's position in trading PG"
    Yeah reading that article by Woj a second time it definitely sounds that way. Sucks, I would have loved to see the Spurs swoop in and steal him from Magic.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still worth asking since the Spurs are a 61 win team with the second best player in the league.
    Forget about empty numbers. The League's watered down. #1 priority/goal should be how to beat the Worriers nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I don't see how this can be okay with the league. He's still under contract. A few years ago, CP3's agent was encouraging teams to try and acquire him, and the league went public with a warning memo. This is at least that bad - probably worse.

I don't see how the league can fail to step up on this, and soon. If it was a team responsible, the penalty would probably be pretty unpleasant. What's happening here is clearly contrary to the intent of the tampering rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah reading that article by Woj a second time it definitely sounds that way. Sucks, I would have loved to see the Spurs swoop in and steal him from Magic.
    I think they would have a good shot at it - but I have no idea how SA feels about PG or what the best offer ends up being at this point

I just hope they don't appease LA. Make them earn PG by using that cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see how this can be okay with the league. He's still under contract. A few years ago, CP3's agent was encouraging teams to try and acquire him, and the league went public with a warning memo. This is at least that bad - probably worse.

I don't see how the league can fail to step up on this, and soon. If it was a team responsible, the penalty would probably be pretty unpleasant. What's happening here is clearly contrary to the intent of the tampering rules.
    I've never seen anything like it tbh . I mean, I've seen guys demand to be traded, but nothing like this with such specific teams and so public in the courtship.

Magic was on tv winking saying he can't talk to PG but would say "come play for us"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see the problem myself. If George keeps it in house I don't think it matters, since any team trading for him would want him to sign an extension as part of the deal and then the cat would be out of the bag when he refused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the problem myself. If George keeps it in house I don't think it matters, since any team trading for him would want him to sign an extension as part of the deal and then the cat would be out of the bag when he refused.
    For sure - but it's how it looks. PG is on tv saying he wants to play for LA. "Working out" with Kobe. Magic is on tv winking and laughing talking about Paul George even though he's under contract for another team. Then you have PG camp saying they only want to go to LA and dissuading other teams from offering up deals for him.

I mean, there are always grey areas, but this is absurd lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure - but it's how it looks. PG is on tv saying he wants to play for LA. "Working out" with Kobe. Magic is on tv winking and laughing talking about Paul George even though he's under contract for another team. Then you have PG camp saying they only want to go to LA and dissuading other teams from offering up deals for him.

I mean, there are always grey areas, but this is absurd lol
    I'm just kind of stunned anyone would want to go to that trainwreck. I mean Los Angeles is a great city but if I'm Paul George I tell my agent to get me to Cleveland so I can compete for a le. Then I'd go live in LA in the offseason.

Thread Information