Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure - but it's how it looks. PG is on tv saying he wants to play for LA. "Working out" with Kobe. Magic is on tv winking and laughing talking about Paul George even though he's under contract for another team. Then you have PG camp saying they only want to go to LA and dissuading other teams from offering up deals for him.

I mean, there are always grey areas, but this is absurd lol
    It's called charcoal grey

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again, maybe George has the Juan Gonzalez at ude of you get paid for the regular season. And going on vacation every April doesn't sound too bad I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just kind of stunned anyone would want to go to that trainwreck. I mean Los Angeles is a great city but if I'm Paul George I tell my agent to get me to Cleveland so I can compete for a le. Then I'd go live in LA in the offseason.
    Without knowing jack squat my take is he has Melo-itis. He's a damn good player and see's himself as part of the "in" crowd with Bron/Wade/etc..

He cares about his brand more than winning. He would like to win, but doesn't value that more than building his brand in LA or wherever.

He doesn't want the pressure and there will be none with LA already in shambles and GS/SA still looming large. He is a guy that idiolzies being "cool" and is obsessed with Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs completely cleaning house.. Three days before the draft, and after 3 straight years to the Finals... this is nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron has his reason to leave now. Crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler, LeBron and Kyrie would be a terrible fit, tbh..
    I think he'd be a perfect fit. Butler is a good three point shooter so he could space the floor plus he's awesome on defense when focused. Gives them a third creator which they didn't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'd be a perfect fit. Butler is a good three point shooter so he could space the floor plus he's awesome on defense when focused. Gives them a third creator which they didn't have.
    They are all ISO heavy players and there is one ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see. CLE could still pull off some moves and things work out. This alone won't do it. But it certainly does not help. Unless Lebron speaking out for Griffin was just a way to shield Lebron from wanting him gone and getting someone else in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still see talent too. Spurs scouted him heavily. Pop likes shooters and passers and he still has size he's not using all that well. Athleticism hasn't concerned the Spurs as much as the other things.
    (Shooting, passing bbiq, compe ive spirit, etc).

Anyway, I read at the time b4 that draft RC was doing their due diligence and watched him play in person. THere was definitely interest.... but off he went and all his promise wasn't really cultivated. He's got a nice shooting touch. Unfortunately hasn't been developing right and has developed lazy habits on defense and for a guy who is not that athletic he can't slack off. Do you remember how tough Pop was with Anderson last season? It was one mistake and to the bench. He'd get burned if he's not aware of what's going on, anticipating and being in the right spot. That guy needs a coach that's tough.... and he's had the bad kind of tough coach and mentor in Kobe. He's going to have to put in a lot of work now to right his shop bc his foundation isn't right.
    Him getting traded to a good team, like the Spurs, would be like a kid getting sent to military school after being spoiled.
    It would be what is ultimately best and he might even embrace it, but he may not like the concept of it all, at first.

I, for 1, hope he gets traded to a serious franchise. Not that clown show that gets by on reputation and location.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure - but it's how it looks. PG is on tv saying he wants to play for LA. "Working out" with Kobe. Magic is on tv winking and laughing talking about Paul George even though he's under contract for another team. Then you have PG camp saying they only want to go to LA and dissuading other teams from offering up deals for him.

I mean, there are always grey areas, but this is absurd lol
    Thinking about this he wants Magic to use the pick and or other assets to get him a good team, better help. He's helping his new team acquire him with a position of strength.... smart, savvy... Kind if shady too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He's a damn good player. Also, he's one of the few "stars" available and lots of teams want to improve. You can only go after who's available. Not like teams are calling SA about Kawhi.
    He's good. He's no superstar. There are practically no superstars in the league at this point in time. We're in a trough similar to when the Robinson/Barkley/Olajuwon/Malone/Jordan/Drexler years were over and the next generation hadn't fully appeared yet.

This isn't talked about much, but the Warriors are feasting on a crappy league right now. There's very little elite talent. A bidding war on a player like Jimmy Butler would never happen six or eight years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the problem myself. If George keeps it in house I don't think it matters, since any team trading for him would want him to sign an extension as part of the deal and then the cat would be out of the bag when he refused.

I'll try and dredge up an article about the CP3 issue, for starters.

The biggest thing is, it hasn't stayed in house. And if these stories are true that his agent is "communicating" with other teams, without the express permission of the Pacers? It's something the league has taken a stand on in the past. It also looks like PG himself has been effectively communicating with other teams with some of these public statements. Bottom line, he's under contract to the Pacers.

Now - I don't really know who said what, or to whom. The internet is so full of made up bull and rumors. But I do know that if either he or his agent have been "reaching out", even through clever little media leaks, they're over the line. The league was pretty pissed about CP3's agent, but they went the route of a public warning memo. It sure seems like PG and his agent have gone far enough to force the league to get involved. Think about how unfair this is to the Pacers' organization, and this year's team. The idea is to keep a relatively level playing field across the entire league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless LeBron was the one who demanded it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless LeBron was the one who demanded it.
    Theyre reporting he didn't, and that his camp is actually "disappointed" it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theyre reporting he didn't, and that his camp is actually "disappointed" it happened.

Yeah, I just saw that other thread. That's not good. I could actually see LeBron leaving now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love is not some scrub either. I bet GM's rate him higher than LMA. He's an asset. I could see PHX wanting Love for sure and them sending younger talent (Bledsoe, Chriss, etc.) to IND while PG goes to CLE. Same thing for Butler.

Spurs could definitely get in with LMA but I think we have to consider that SA really likes their team (which I understand but many don't). They were step for step with GS and even with TP injured were giving GS the business in GM1 with also some regular season success against them too.
    Surely this is the worst time to trade LMA unless someone's really keen to get him. His stock would be low because of how he played in playoffs and he looked like he had a leg issue, so I'd expect to start next season he starts looking a whole lot better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but they're just protecting LeBron, who criticized him in public earlier this year for not getting him enough help.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Contender without LeBron

More like 30 win team without LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contender without LeBron

More like 30 win team without LeBron

If/when Lebron ever leaves CLE, that franchise turns back into the biggest hole in the league, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That city will burn to the ground when it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavs want to hire Chauncey Billups... the same guy who said the Cavs should trade Kevin Love for Carmelo Anthony a couple days ago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gone.

James leaving cleveland would solidify him as a total loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James leaving cleveland would solidify him as a total loser
    A total loser. With three rings.

Thread Information