Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    pretending european teams would be afraid playing libertadores

south america is so scary
    Playing in South America is considerable harder than playing in Europe, tbh. Said by any player that has played in both continents.

Europe is like one big country, teams don't have to travel too far, the weather is more or less the same everywhere, the pitches are all in good conditions, everything is pretty much standarized.

In South America, besides the things I already mentioned, you have travels that take forever, ed up pitches, when you don't have to play 3000 metres above sea level, you have to play in Amazonic heat.

All those things make football a lot harder in South America than Europe, it's not even debatable. I don't know why you are trying to dispute such an obvious fact, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    oh now you talk about travel and heat... thought it was it is scary because of the "Sure thing son. I bet pampered European players won't mind about not being able to sleep, the night before, because the other team's fans are all night long signing, throwing bombs and just creating havoc near the hotel they stay, or that the other team can kick the out of them without getting even a yellow, or getting peed while trying to kick a corner. "

but now it is about planes and heights not anymore about being afraid

you a clown recently bro

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    oh now you talk about travel and heat... thought it was it is scary because of the "Sure thing son. I bet pampered European players won't mind about not being able to sleep, the night before, because the other team's fans are all night long signing, throwing bombs and just creating havoc near the hotel they stay, or that the other team can kick the out of them without getting even a yellow, or getting peed while trying to kick a corner. "

but now it is about planes and heights not anymore about being afraid

you a clown recently bro
    It's about all of that, tbh.

Let me ask you this: Is it harder to play football in South America or in Europe? It's a simple question, I expect a simple answer, tbh.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    oooohhhhh fans making noise near your hotel preventing you from sleeping

stupid

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    oooohhhhh fans making noise near your hotel preventing you from sleeping

stupid
    Which is harder, son? Don't avoid the question.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    My nigg Brazil running as fast as he can

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Which is harder, son? Don't avoid the question.
    you are moving goal posts now

first european teams would be afraid now it is harder because height and transport time ? really dude

harder ? tbh I don't know playing a game in the middle of winter in russia is not a lot of fun either, bottom line there is no fear factor and saying top european teams would not be favorites is dumb to say the least.

but but fans make more noise here !

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    France buying their only European club le.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you are moving goal posts now

first european teams would be afraid now it is harder because height and transport time ? really dude

harder ? tbh I don't know playing a game in the middle of winter in russia is not a lot of fun either, bottom line there is no fear factor and saying top european teams would not be favorites is dumb to say the least.

but but fans make more noise here !
    When the did I ever say that? Talking about moving goal posts.

My point the entire time was that playing in South America is harder than playing in Europe, first I gave some reasons (the crowd pressure and all the shady stuff that goes on off the pitch) and then I gave others (al ude, heat, long travels, ed up pitches). I don't know where you get that I moved goalposts. My point was all along that playing in South America is harder, and you obviously agree given the fact that you won't answer a pretty simple question just to don't give your arm to bend. It's OK son, just leave it at that, avoid further damage and move on, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    facts:
    playing in the jungle is so ing hard that Germany of all ing participants won a world cup there and the Netherlands came 3rd
    3000 m is some real but so is playing in extreme temperature, e.g. december game in moscow or trondheim.
    is peeing really a constant issue or just a freak event? if so at least fans don't bomb the team bus or have a history of ethnic cleansing (see balkan or ukraine matches).
    long travel times ? how about going from spain to russia and back or from england to tel aviv
    libertadores is filled with 3rd rate talent who couldn't even make it to stronger europa league teams, lmao thinking any quality player in the UCL would have trouble sleeping at night going against these losers with poor fundamentals.

it goes like this with you sons: "south america is so tough and strong and compe ive " and then b2b champs chile can't beat germany's C team, we stomp brasil on their home court and then we beat misty too with a 25 yo squad, an old netherlands squad wins 3rds and so on. Y'all s full of tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Racist s bag posting above me, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Racist s bag posting above me, tbh.
    tbh you sound like one of these sjw millennials who call people racist when they have been debunked step your game up son

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    tbh you sound like one of these sjw millennials who call people racist when they have been debunked step your game up son
    I call you a racist s bag because it's pretty easy to notice that that's what you are, tbh. You haven't debunked , playing in SA is a lot harder than playing in Europe. I'm not saying the quality is better, or that there are better games, or that is more entertaining, I'm just saying that it is harder, which is a pretty obvious fact that every player that has played in both continents agrees with, only a dumb moron would be re ed enough to try and dispute such an clear cut fact, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I call you a racist s bag because it's pretty easy to notice that that's what you are, tbh. You haven't debunked , playing in SA is a lot harder than playing in Europe. I'm not saying the quality is better, or that there are better games, or that is more entertaining, I'm just saying that it is harder, which is a pretty obvious fact that every player that has played in both continents agrees with, only a dumb moron would be re ed enough to try and dispute such an clear cut fact, tbh.
    son cursing somebody out is just proof of incompetence and weakness tbh.

UCL vs Liberadores: Libertadors has weaker teams (organisation, talent pool, cash) with (far) weaker players, with weaker coaches, weaker market value and weaker national and international federations. It's unreasonable to call playing there as harder (tougher) from a compe ion standpoint. If by harder you mean more disorganized then yes you are right, but from a winning pov it's night and day with UCL. Both compe ions have their fair share of tough venues (freezing winter in Russia, high al ude in Bolivia, amazon jungle, heat in iberia, hooligans in serbia/turkey, terrorists in Germany, etc).

Euro vs SA: europe has far more contenders and 2nd tiers so statistically it is always harder to win. This is just mathematics, the ulative probability of 1 is distributed over more capable teams, thus the chance to win decreases. Europe also has far more tactical diversity in the 1st (france, germany, italy, spain), 2nd (belgium, netherlands, england, portugal, croatia) and 3rd (serbia, sweden, denmark, poland, etc) tier of teams. To win you are tested more numerically (more teams), by more and diverse contenders and by many types of competent teams each with highly varying strengths and weaknesses. Teams like brasil (who have a history of exposing themselves at the back or chile who are small) would see be more exposed to dangerous draws here. Euro teams are also more organized and will penalize you more for mistakes, which makes sense since it's the most cost effective strategy at all levels. Euro teams also have (on average) better coaches and are more organized and professional.

The qualification format in SA helps good teams to overcome slow starts while the european one s you over. The qualification format is fair in SA, all vs all while in europe you can get ed in the ass in a hurry with germany-italy-croatia-romania-denmark group for example. So the qualification in SA is easier because it allows more ups while in europe your mileage varies.

Chile just won b2b copas in SA and they are a good 2nd tier team but nothing special (NOT a WC contender), no world cup success, haven't impressed vs european teams, their only quality win was over an imploding spain and they were manhandled by the netherlands. They are a short talented team but with a low center of gravity and they are weak against aerial and physical play. While they are scrappy they can't outmuscle a strong and technical team (germany, france, a good low countries side). They have serious tactical gaps tbh and they have little room for error, i.e. they are poor at attacking an athletic team from behind (imagine chile being down one goal vs france..). Aregntina for all its talent can't capitalize on messi (GOAT talent) to win a damn tournament. Brasil got 7-1d and mexico got 7-0d. Who else? Colombia? these idiots can't even defend properly. It's pointless to reiterate how such cores are NEVER contenders. For the past 7 years South america had only one WC contender level team (Argentina), who couldn't win a single tournament.

Behind all these facts is it reasonable to say winning the copa in SA is harder then winning in Europe? of course no.

Empirical
    Just look around, we won all wc since '02 (in africa and in SA) with most euro teams being subpar (netherlands now, italy since 06, france in 10, we were ultra young, etc) nonetheless, your best SA players come to europe to play and learn to play. Look at neymar when he left and neymar now, do you think he develops like that playing in Libertadors where it's supposedly harder to play? Your coaches come to europe to learn their trade. Your federations learn from ours on how to grow teams and which strategies are best for long term development/talent investment/etc.

Conclusion
    So why is playing in south america harder if both the club and country compe ions are weaker? The reality is that you have zero arguments at both club and country levels. Tbh I think you have no ing clue as to how this game is really played imo, you lack in tactical understanding way too much for me to bother explaining you why european teams are so ahead right now. Right now you're throwing a sissy fit because I have been schooling you for quite some time and you are upset. Back to school little boy tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Thinking I'm gonna read all that .

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    sorry but UCL winners treat club world cup worse than germany is treating the confederations cup. Also it's basically one match as the winners of other continents are
    Local or European super cups aren't that important.

The intercontinental cup lost some relevance in the late 60's and early 70's because of Estudiantes dirty tactics, so Bayern declined to participate one season, otherwise it was always very important and still is today because it's not a given the UCL champion will beat the Libertadores champion.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Thinking I'm gonna read all that .
    pretending you can actually counter the argument

Local or European super cups aren't that important.

The intercontinental cup lost some relevance in the late 60's and early 70's because of Estudiantes dirty tactics, so Bayern declined to participate one season, otherwise it was always very important and still is today because it's not a given the UCL champion will beat the Libertadores champion.
    son a one game compe ion with minimal financial incentive is just a blip statistically, I wouldn't use it in any argument. Still if we'd get barca/real/bayern/juventus/psg/top euro team vs boca/river/corinthians/palmeiras/top sa team for 100 million euros to the winner we both know who everybody would put money on tbh. It's obvious that there is a huge gap in talent/organisation/tactics/roster depth/scouting/etc.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Pretending I need to counter anything when everybody, even you, know I'm right.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    When the did I ever say that? Talking about moving goal posts.

My point the entire time was that playing in South America is harder than playing in Europe, first I gave some reasons (the crowd pressure and all the shady stuff that goes on off the pitch) and then I gave others (al ude, heat, long travels, ed up pitches). I don't know where you get that I moved goalposts. My point was all along that playing in South America is harder, and you obviously agree given the fact that you won't answer a pretty simple question just to don't give your arm to bend. It's OK son, just leave it at that, avoid further damage and move on, tbh.
    you are hilarious tbh...

so the whole point is to know what is harder ? who cares ? idea was not to say European would not dominate because harder ? sure.... smh

DAF: it is harder

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you are hilarious tbh...

so the whole point is to know what is harder ? who cares ? idea was not to say European would not dominate because harder ? sure.... smh

DAF: it is harder
    If you didn't care why the did you even get into the discussion?

Thread Information