Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This column believes that the U.S. can return to its more robust traditional growth, but Mr. Trump is making this harder than it has to be.

But getting more people working is trickier, because the big baby boom generation continues to retire and businesses are having a difficult time pulling younger Americans who quit the labor force during the Obama years back into the job market.

One obvious solution to this problem is for the U.S. to allow into the country more people who are willing to work. This doesn’t mean Mr. Trump has to abandon the idea of thoroughly vetting people arriving from places with a history of terrorism. It means welcoming more people once we’ve decided they’re not much of a threat. And this is not just about filling jobs. It’s about importing lots of people who then create jobs for others, as well as innovations that we all enjoy.

Forty percent of Fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants or the children of immigrants. Intel founder Andy Grove was a refugee from communist Hungary.

Apple cofounder Steve Jobs is the son of Abdulfattah Jandali, an immigrant from Syria.

Today, the trend continues.
    A recent study of billion-dollar startups found more than half were founded by immigrants. Our next generation of great companies, too, will depend on immigrants — as will the American economy as a whole.

If the U.S. adds more people with ambition and talent into an economy with lower regulatory burdens and a corporate tax rate approaching Mr. Trump’s favored level of 15%, annual economic growth of 3% could end up looking more like a floor than a ceiling on America’s potential.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-con...pid=1860573036

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump plans to dismantle Obama-era “Startup Visa”

Obama rule gave residence to foreigners who lined up $250,000 in capital.

A regulation from the Obama administration that would have allowed foreign-born entrepreneurs who raise investor cash to build their startups in the US won't be allowed to go into effect.

The Department of Homeland Security will file an official notice to delay the International Entrepreneur Rule for eight months.

The intention is to eliminate the rule entirely,

Allowing for some type of "startup visa" has long been a request of Silicon Valley advocates and lobbyists.

More than 50 percent of startups worth $1 billion or more were founded by immigrants,

Major US tech companies like Google, Yahoo, Intel, and Marvell Technology were all founded by immigrants.

A type of "startup visa" was included in a 2013 immigration reform bill, but that

bill didn't garner enough votes in the
    REPUG House of Representatives.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-con...pid=1860573036

I doubt many of you here, esp the right wing asshole nutter ideologues, follow medical, technical, engineering, scientific research, but I find that NEARLY EVERY report has either at least one or more or ALL Chinese/Indian researchers.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-23-2017 at 11:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who writes the reports are they worth the paper they are written on

Thread Information