Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't imagine Pop ripped him or suggested he was trade bait, but I bet Pop said he needed more from LMA - especially more energy/hustle and more toughness/willingness to take it to the hole - especially against Harden et al. And, yes, I suspect Pop mentioned Harden's name in that interview.

Look, I (Master Mim) believe that Pop has been coddling the guy since his arrival. We all know that is definitely NOT Pop's way. That alone puts a strain on that relationship, with Pop, completely contrary to his nature, walking on eggs s and LMA, no doubt, realizing that he isn't getting treated like the rest of the guys. And the "psychoanalysis" response in Pop's presser spoke subliminal volumes about their relationship and how it wore on Pop. For crying out loud, Pop screamed at the GOAT until the veins popped out on his forehead, and here he was treating this GOAT-mockery with kid gloves. He knew it. We knew it. Everybody knew it - even LMA if he has any brains. I think Pop was getting seriously tired of the masquerade. If the Spurs were going to really improve, Pop had to develop a more authentic relationship with LMA. So behind closed doors I think he finally was very direct with LMA about needing him to live up to his billing, take Pop's coaching and give him some nasty. And I believe that pushed LMA over the edge. (Call me Master Mim.)
    That's a good take Master Mim. I do think he was being coddled... and he's known to have fragile psyche. Do you remember that Jackie McMullen said she had heard some things about him that would make him not want him in the Celtics in a trade? I didn't give her credit at the time, but Jackie's not some punk. I mostly didn't want to believe the trade rumors at the time, and believed the Celitcs wanted to depress his trade value indirectly.. but combining this with his Portland exit paints a bad picture. He was rumored to have cut off his Portland teammates and even refused to travel with the team bc he was sucking fiercely in that last playoffs series in Portland (was it against Memphis?)... he's very mentally fragile.

JSimms said famously: "the weak cannot play for Pop." succint. simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good take Master Mim. I do think he was being coddled... and he's known to have fragile psyche. Do you remember that Jackie McMullen said she had heard some things about him that would make him not want him in the Celtics in a trade? I didn't give her credit at the time, but Jackie's not some punk. I mostly didn't want to believe the trade rumors at the time, and believed the Celitcs wanted to depress his trade value indirectly.. but combining this with his Portland exit paints a bad picture. He was rumored to have cut off his Portland teammates and even refused to travel with the team bc he was sucking fiercely in that last playoffs series in Portland (was it against Memphis?)... he's very mentally fragile.

JSimms said famously: "the weak cannot play for Pop." succint. simple.
    Well, my crystal ball is probably more cloudy than most.

I only vaguely remember the Celtics comments that Jackie made, and would never have if you hadn't reminded me. But it fits my narrative, so I'll buy!

You gotta want JSimms back on the strength of that quote alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, he could have averaged that and it still wouldn't have mattered. You aren't gonna beat the Warriors starting Patty Mills and Kyle Anderson
    Kyle had a good series against them fwiw... better than Lamarcus.. and he only started the one game.. you could mention starting Green, Patty and JSimms...

and you are taking Lamarcus stance: "it's everyone's fault, not mine." "Nobody made me better, nobody got me shots..." WTF!?!

what if Mills and Danny came out and said: I didn't play well but it was Lamarcus' fault. He was supposed to get me open and get me shots and he didn't...

but you will never hear it from those two. never. That's not the Spurs way tbh.

If that is the mindset his camp is going to have he needs to GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, my crystal ball is probably more cloudy than most.

I only vaguely remember the Celtics comments that Jackie made, and would never have if you hadn't reminded me. But it fits my narrative, so I'll buy!

You gotta want JSimms back on the strength of that quote alone.
    J.Simms depends on his paycheck.

Anyways, back on subject. Here's Jackie:
    http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...son-with-spurs
    For instance, sources were telling me the other day that LaMarcus Aldridge may not even finish the year with the Spurs. That experiment hasn't quite worked out the way they hoped.
    When asked if she would want Aldridge on the Celtics' roster she emphatically said no.

No! Not after what I heard the other day. I don't.
    There's some stuff going on."
    What is concerning is if there is friction between the team and LaMarcus. The Spurs are known for having minimal team-chemistry issues and if there are any, the team has zero issues at getting rid of distractions on the court and in the locker room. Ask former Spur Stephen Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's Lamarcus cutting off his fomer Portland teammates right in the middle of the playoffs:
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/04/26/...ed-in-memphis/
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-23-2017 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loser in a nuts ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    la would play much better with cp3 instead of parker.

fine with trading him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's funny (in a not so funny way) how just two years ago ST members were checking the threads day to day just to see if LMA had signed and now ST members are checking the threads day to day to see if we have been able to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade his ass NOW.....

Dwert level of immaturity and childishness..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Expected..Spurs were low-balled AF last night..He is damaged goods that even dumb GMs were very leery to give anything of value for someone asking out of San Antonio of all places...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Expected..Spurs were low-balled AF last night..He is damaged goods that even dumb GMs were very leery to give anything of value for someone asking out of San Antonio of all places...
    Actually when he gets humbled by getting traded for a bag of Funyuns, LMA may actually be the best teammate of his career and play hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if moved, LMA will get shipped as part of a trade to make something happen somewhere else, or as part of a dynamic in which a need for his services opens up as a result of free agency (specifically, in how a team will be looking to replace something they lost).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly there are probably plenty of teams who would take them, what about trading him to the Lakers? I wouldn't mind Nance Jr/Randle for him.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the number of projected wins for the Spurs?
    Porker and LMAO have been negative players. A bag of Funyuns gets us 70 wins easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade his ass NOW.....

Really???
    This dude deleted that?
    OMG.
    He gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to trade him for Tobias Harris from Detroit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade his ass NOW.....

Man I'd hate to see what he writes about Spurs in his diary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker and LMAO have been negative players. A bag of Funyuns gets us 70 wins easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really???
    This dude deleted that?
    OMG.
    He gone.
    He apparently DID. I can't believe the pettiness and childishness of this dude..And he was supposed to be a core piece of a Championship team? They say character is destiny for a reason.

I'm officially in "get him off my team at all costs" camp. sasaint has been ahead of the curve on this one: Lamaracus Aldridge is arguably the sneakiest cancer in the entire league..He is extremely adept at giving the pretension of being a team player, but it's really all about "me-first".

It boils down:: he wants his nice little PPG-- even on a ty team-- so he can get another fat contract next summer..Spurs should grant him his wish..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so when can they start trading again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He apparently DID. I can't believe the pettiness and childishness of this dude..And he was supposed to be a core piece of a Championship team? They say character is destiny for a reason.

I'm officially in "get him off my team at all costs" camp. sasaint has been ahead of the curve on this one: Lamaracus Aldridge is arguably the sneakiest cancer in the entire league..He is extremely adept at giving the pretension of being a team player, but it's really all about "me-first".

It boils down:: he wants his nice little PPG-- even on ty team-- so he can get another fat contract next summer..Spurs should grant him his wish..
    If only he had made this known privately. But the playoffs do bring out the best and the worst in players and now we know Lamarcus Aldridge spectrum.

I want him gone too.. I am just really sad Spurs can't get value for him. He's getting to Demarcus Cousins levels who also had low value despite being a star... and he still fetched a pick and a young player... (damn!) Good of sacramento to trade him, he would have been less valuable as a one year rental and maybe don't even get that, and get Dwert like offers.
    Spurs are stuck in a sucky situation.

Also, I think he's costing the team LDN. His arrival portended the decline in LDN shooting (ironically never threw LMA under the bus, ever)... I can't get a real read on that bc Spurs may be getting ready to pay JSimms and needed to get out of LDN contract anyways, but it's tough to tell. The way Danny has been packaged with Lamarcus, Danny seems like the sweetener for someone to take on Aldridge. Poor LDN... if he goes to a good team he will be a positive player... so I hope he's not part of some aldridge package and is sent somewhere good for him.

How can Chinook defend Aldridge when he's been the cause of the demise of LDN in the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade his ass NOW.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HOW TF DOES THIS DUDE EXPECT TO SHOW UP TO PRACTICE OR A GAME NOW AND NOT FEEL LIKE A TOTAL DUMB ASS

a deal must be done. why do this?? i dont even want this guy anymore. get whatever u can for him

what a complete and total pansy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A second round pick will do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris was a guy I really liked when he was with Orlando, but he has been a little underwhelming at Detroit - but who isn't? He is a little bit of a tweener.

Thread Information