Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appears that two GOPo s did not read the OP.
    That this might succeed scares them to death. You can expect some serious histrionics on this for that reason.

If it succeeds, it is some pretty damning evidence that conservative policies are failing, evil ones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That this might succeed scares them to death. You can expect some serious histrionics on this for that reason.

If it succeeds, it is some pretty damning evidence that conservative policies are failing, evil ones.
    I expect BigInsurance will spend $100Ms trying to block, hobble CA s/p, the same way BigTobacco and BigAlcohol successfully spent to block CA mj legalization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Net healthcare spending for middle-income families would fall by between 2.6% and 9.1% of income. Most businesses would also see a drop in spending. Small firms that have been providing health insurance for their workers will see costs fall by 22% as a share of payroll. For medium-sized firms, costs will fall by an average of between 6.8% and 13.4% as a share of payroll. Even most large firms will see costs fall, by an average of between 0.6% and 5% of payroll

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon shelves single-payer healthcare bill, calling it 'woefully incomplete'

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...623-story.html

In addition, supporters are relying on current federal funding of Medicaid. Even Obamacare (without any changes) scales that back so the states which expanded Medicaid would be footing a much bigger part of the bill (and imo, will have trouble funding their ACA portion).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon shelves single-payer healthcare bill, calling it 'woefully incomplete'

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...623-story.html

In addition, supporters are relying on current federal funding of Medicaid. Even Obamacare (without any changes) scales that back so the states which expanded Medicaid would be footing a much bigger part of the bill (and imo, will have trouble funding their ACA portion).
    like EVERY national health system, funding comes from payroll levies.

With true CA Medicare for all, Ms will be able to stop paying employee group insurance, is why BigInsurance has and will always pay $100Ms to stop Medicare for all.

BigInsurance s LIE that Medicare for all is free.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-25-2017 at 11:52 AM.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like funny pictures don't you little fella

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people insist on holding up Medicare for all as something that's doable. Workers pay into it their whole entire working lives, it doesn't cover (as seen by the number of seniors who supplement with Medicare Advantage and MediGap) and it's unsustainable. Why hold up Medicare like it's some shining example of what health care should be?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people insist on holding up Medicare for all as something that's doable. Workers pay into it their whole entire working lives, it doesn't cover (as seen by the number of seniors who supplement with Medicare Advantage and MediGap) and it's unsustainable. Why hold up Medicare like it's some shining example of what health care should be?
    They think "Medicare for all" sounds better than single payer. I'm sure they tested it with some focus group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medicare isn't sustainable because payroll fee isn't sufficient, esp not to keep with the predatory, greed health-wealth system.

Don't blame Medicare, blame care givers, the insurers, all of whom pay $100Ms/year to buy politicians to maintain the disastrous status quo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medicare isn't sustainable because payroll fee isn't sufficient, esp not to keep with the predatory, greed health-wealth system.

Don't blame Medicare, blame care givers, the insurers, all of whom pay $100Ms/year to buy politicians to maintain the disastrous status quo.
    So we need to raise the payroll fee to sustain Medicare AND increase it even further to support every man, woman and child under 65 (because y'all want to cover the illegals too). And what's all in it for these care givers - I guess they're gonna ac ulate college debt, train years for Doctor of xxxx, and work from the goodness of their hearts so we can control this greed health-wealth system. And they should all support the idea of a $15 minimum wage for burger flippers or universal basic income for just existing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medicare isn't sustainable because payroll fee isn't sufficient
    So we need to raise the payroll fee to sustain Medicare AND increase it even further to support every man, woman and child under 65
    One might conclude from both of your statements that the federal government needs to tax before it can spend. It does not.
    The federal government is not a household, business or state government. It's spending is not dependent on revenue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One might conclude from both of your statements that the federal government needs to tax before it can spend. It does not.
    The federal government is not a household, business or state government. It's spending is not dependent on revenue.
    true, but within limits.

If a Medicare-for-all, cradle to grave, FORCED the before-tax salary withholding per employee that pays for employer group insurance to be paid instead to Medicare. we'd be home free.

If anyone wanted "premium" and/or "top up" insurance, they would go into the individual market where the wonderfully shrunken for-profit BigInsurance could fleece them.

Medicare for all must also limit drug and device payouts NOT to pay for direcet-to-consumer marketing, which should be make illegal (like in DK and other countries)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the democratic party just can't get out of its own way: https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/california-scheming-2/

Thread Information