Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont want PG for a one yr rental. Id prefer Iggy for 3 yrs. Better defender, less bull possessions taken away from CP/ Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont want PG for a one yr rental. Id prefer Iggy for 3 yrs. Better defender, less bull possessions taken away from CP/ Kawhi.
    I agree, except I doubt that CP3 was really interested in the Spurs to begin with - much less with our frontcourt in shambles.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George for one year would put us in the same situation as Aldridge next year, but we wouldn't have to sweat him opting in for that ridiculous amount of money.

And we'd match up better with GS, and have the opportunity to sell him on staying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George for one year would put us in the same situation as Aldridge next year, but we wouldn't have to sweat him opting in for that ridiculous amount of money.

And we'd match up better with GS, and have the opportunity to sell him on staying.
    Play with Leonard long term. Try to win some chips. But sounds too good to be true..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy. Where's this coming from? I'd rather bring Manu back, and you all know how I feel about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy. Where's this coming from? I'd rather bring Manu back, and you all know how I feel about that.
    Smarter/better play would be to sign Thabo instead of Iggy for about 10-15 million less per.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smarter/better play would be to sign Thabo instead of Iggy for about 10-15 million less per.
    Lol.

Sorry bro, but you clearly haven't followed him the last year and half. I don't want Iggy but Thabo looks done. And that's after playing with a system that benefits role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://spurs.247sports.com/Bolt/Paul-George-recruiting-Klay-Thompson-to-join-him-on-Lakers--53352510

PG recruiting Klay Thompson to join him in LA... lol this is ridiculous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Meh. That team still wouldn't be good. It would be everything people with a brain thinks it will be led by PG: A perpetual 4th seed with a tier 2 and tier 3 star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol.

Sorry bro, but you clearly haven't followed him the last year and half. I don't want Iggy but Thabo looks done. And that's after playing with a system that benefits role players.
    Nah I have. He was tailing off in previous seasons, but last year he had a much better year and was solid defensively. For the minimum, I'd take him over Iggy for 17 mil per.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-27-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish we had the resources to get PG, but if this rumor is true, he's going to screw anyone that gets him other than LA.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He'd be a fool to leave Golden State. They've made a below average jump shooter/free throw shooter into a juggernaut role player but the Spurs don't have the tools and personnel to make that happen. The Spurs don't run a motion offense and they need players to knockdown shots. His defense is above average but as the Spurs have found out the last couple of years, bend but don't break defenses don't sniff championships if the offense goes through serious bouts of stagnation where they can't score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better go all the way the in for George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rockets can get Paul for chips..we need to get PG for chips too lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should pull out of the George sweepstakes with CP3 off the market. They'll never convince him to re-sign here without Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should pull out of the George sweepstakes with CP3 off the market. They'll never convince him to re-sign here without Paul.
    What about George Hill? Idk their chemistry but they played together in Indiana...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my number 1 choice (actually DeMarcus Cousins is/was last trade deadline), but out of the guys currently available he is my number one choice. Thing is, SA is a destination that nobody wants to play at. Maybe if Kawhi was more talkative and persuaded someone to come here it might happen, but I think Kawhi with his personality, needs a team like the Lakers or Boston that can draw people there without him having to recruit.

I mean, Kawhi himself could be partly to blame for not giving a about recruiting. I think he's leaving that all up to the front office as evidenced by him not being at the KD pitch/mieeting. That approach could be a big mistake on his part.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-28-2017 at 11:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But ST said that Kawhi shouldn't have to pick up a phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about George Hill? Idk their chemistry but they played together in Indiana...
    I think the Spurs only shot at getting George to opt in would be if they had a team that could beat Golden State. With CP3 the Spurs could have been that team. I don't think anyone would expect the Spurs to challenge the Warriors by effectively swapping Aldridge for Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rockets can get Paul for chips..we need to get PG for chips too lol
    The Spurs don't have the mid-tier contracts to make trades. That's what happens when you go under the cap multiple years in a row.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure there is a standing deal with Boston in place depending on what happens to Hayward.

Now that Paul is gone (and any hope of luring George), Spurs need to pivot to Holiday. Really don't want Lowery here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi better start recruiting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure what the Rox are up to besides chasing big names, I always preferred PG13 over CP3, so I am not devastated. I would like the Spurs to heavily pursue PG, and see if they can talk the Pels out of Boogie as far as big fish go, if we strike out there then recalibrate but don't overpay for anything on the 2ndary market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adding PG13 to this team without any major losses besides LMA would imo make the Spurs the strongest challenge to the Dubs going into the season anyway. Seeing as how the Spurs were the Dubs greatest opponent last season. If we were to rank all the teams in the NBA right now and even accounting for Hayward going to the Celts, the Spurs would still be #2 on the rankings followed by the Cavs then the Rox. With the Spurs PG would have a chance to be the main scoring option, letting KL be the defensive beast and not having to carry all the load on offense. That team with Verde and Juice still on the roster would be able to match up with the Dubs defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I so desperately wanted RC to trade Softridge for a pick on draft night: because CP3 was the only move the Spurs could have made to give them a chance of being compe ive with Golden State. That way if CP3 says no you still have a good future asset to try to build towards a le contender in a couple of years. I guess there was no market for Aldridge in the late lottery to mid first round or there was no one RC liked much available at a pick he could have traded to. Dumping Aldridge for a pick would have ensured they could have gone for a youth movement with Murray + whoever RC drafted + Gordon Hayward that would put them in position to compete for a le right as Klay Thompson runs off to LA. By not being able to get a nice prospect for Aldridge the Spurs were forced into a CP3 or bust offseason, and it's bust now.

Thread Information