Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be Obama's fault. Obamacare is in a death spiral to Trump voters.
    That is precisely the spin they will use if they do nothing.

If they pass this and 13m lose coverage in a year they cannot spin it as such.

There is a difference between gullible and blind.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is precisely the spin they will use if they do nothing.

If they pass this and 13m lose coverage in a year they cannot spin it as such.

There is a difference between gullible and blind.
    They'll spin it fine. They always do. Trump voters aren't going to stop being nativists just because they'll die sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll spin it fine. They always do. Trump voters aren't going to stop being nativists just because they'll die sooner.
    I'm not sure how they can spin one bill that cuts off medicaid for millions of people directly when they own both chambers and the white house.

The closest thing they have had to do spinning their own ups lately are with the banking regulation but that is a complex issue with layers upon layers of regulation and an extremely complex cause spanning the government and private sector. Complex issues its easy. Just blame darkie for taking bad mortgages and point the finger at the standing dem darkie POTUS. They don't understand what happened but the race baiting is swallowed by white trash on the regular.

Where is there to deflect when you people have to have grandma move in because her nursing care is too expensive and they are up to their ass in debt paying for the hospital stay when junior was born? Pelosi and Schumer are schmucks but they don't have any control nor did they have any influence on this legislation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how they can spin one bill that cuts off medicaid for millions of people directly when they own both chambers and the white house.

The closest thing they have had to do spinning their own ups lately are with the banking regulation but that is a complex issue with layers upon layers of regulation and an extremely complex cause spanning the government and private sector. Complex issues its easy. Just blame darkie for taking bad mortgages and point the finger at the standing dem darkie POTUS. They don't understand what happened but the race baiting is swallowed by white trash on the regular.

Where is there to deflect when you people have to have grandma move in because her nursing care is too expensive and they are up to their ass in debt paying for the hospital stay when junior was born? Pelosi and Schumer are schmucks but they don't have any control nor did they have any influence on this legislation.
    Trump has already been blaming the Democrats for the health care bill, talking about how great they could have made the bill if even a couple of Democrats joined him. Trump voter already swallowed his promise that everyone gets covered and gets a free pony too, and they'll swallow this explanation too. Dear Leader did what he could but the Democrats kept him from being able to cover everyone because they didn't want to work with him. Democrats will get blamed because Republican voters love false equivalences and the DNC will be spun as just as bad. This bill is going to happen and Trump voters aren't going to flee from him. They haven't yet even though his true intentions on health care have been known since March (well they were really known back in 2015, but they went on paper in March).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sounds like it disproportionately affects boomers. i can live with that. give the people what they voted for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has already been blaming the Democrats for the health care bill, talking about how great they could have made the bill if even a couple of Democrats joined him. Trump voter already swallowed his promise that everyone gets covered and gets a free pony too, and they'll swallow this explanation too. Dear Leader did what he could but the Democrats kept him from being able to cover everyone because they didn't want to work with him. Democrats will get blamed because Republican voters love false equivalences and the DNC will be spun as just as bad. This bill is going to happen and Trump voters aren't going to flee from him. They haven't yet even though his true intentions on health care have been known since March (well they were really known back in 2015, but they went on paper in March).
    How do you know they aren't leaving him already. His approval ratings are in the toilet and his support amongst GOP voters is eroding. Sure there is the rock hard base but this notion that 10m people are going to lose coverage and give the in bents a pass seems a nonstarter to me.

You seem to be suffering from PTSD from last November. A new segment of the electorate was mobilized but that doesn't mean everything changes elsewhere. In bents cannot just the bed and nothing changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know they aren't leaving him already. His approval ratings are in the toilet and his support amongst GOP voters is eroding. Sure there is the rock hard base but this notion that 10m people are going to lose coverage and give the in bents a pass seems a nonstarter to me.

You seem to be suffering from PTSD from last November. A new segment of the electorate was mobilized but that doesn't mean everything changes elsewhere. In bents cannot just the bed and nothing changes.
    You seem to have way more faith in the electorate than I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to have way more faith in the electorate than I do.
    I have faith in them getting pissed off when they get pissed on. In this case it's not easy to obscure the genitals doing the pissing.

I'm confident that if a new conman comes in and offers pie in the sky the same desperate electorate will eat that up but Trump is now the in bent not the new toy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have faith in them getting pissed off when they get pissed on. In this case it's not easy to obscure the genitals doing the pissing.

I'm confident that if a new conman comes in and offers pie in the sky the same desperate electorate will eat that up but Trump is now the in bent not the new toy.
    I don't have faith in them getting pissed off at Trump. Look how many people in Trumpland got health care coverage out of the ACA and no one gave the Democrats any credit for it. So why is it hard to believe the GOP won't get blamed and the Dems will here? It'll be the Democrats made a ty health bill in 2009, and then the Democrats wanted to go down with the ship instead of help Trump make the truly great health care plan the ACA should have been. It's still ridiculous watching that Vox story with those people in Kentucky who got coverage because of Obama and the Democrats who won't give them an ounce of credit for it. Iden y politics is what matters and the Democrats are the party of the niggers, the gays, the illegals, and the coastal elites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FACT: when #Obamacare was signed, CBO estimated that 23M would be covered in 2017. They were off by 100%. Only 10.3M people are covered.

Go trump go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FACT: when #Obamacare was signed, CBO estimated that 23M would be covered in 2017. They were off by 100%. Only 10.3M people are covered.

Go trump go
    20 million

https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pd...A2010-2016.pdf

just because somebody on twitter says "fact" in all caps, that doesn't make it a fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that says march 2016 we are talking about 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have faith in them getting pissed off at Trump. Look how many people in Trumpland got health care coverage out of the ACA and no one gave the Democrats any credit for it. So why is it hard to believe the GOP won't get blamed and the Dems will here? It'll be the Democrats made a ty health bill in 2009, and then the Democrats wanted to go down with the ship instead of help Trump make the truly great health care plan the ACA should have been. It's still ridiculous watching that Vox story with those people in Kentucky who got coverage because of Obama and the Democrats who won't give them an ounce of credit for it. Iden y politics is what matters and the Democrats are the party of the niggers, the gays, the illegals, and the coastal elites.
    You act like the voters who voted GOP last year are monolithic and that because Vox could find anecdotes of dumb s who are willfully ignorant that means it is true of the monolith.

Most of the new white trash voters who voted for Trump were energized to do so because he was different in rhetoric. He has not been different in action and I don't see a similar turnout next time around when white trash lives are sent into the ter.

And when it comes to iden y politics I fail to see how race, gender, or immigration status can be spun into the scapegoat for 23m citizens losing coverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks did 10 million people lose their coverage since march 2016?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Az coverage went up 110 percent easily could have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots have states went up more then double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go trump go
    FACT: Republicans picked Keith Hall to be director of the CBO.
    FACT: Tom Price loved the pick
    FACT: The director of the CBO hates the ACA
    FACT: He still scores Trumpcare as a complete piece of

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...-office-115584

CBO pick Hall a Bush vet, government skeptic
    By BRIAN FALER 02/27/2015 10:10 AM EST Updated 02/27/2015 07:27 PM EST

Republicans on Friday named Keith Hall head of the Congressional Budget Office, installing a conservative Bush administration economist atop an agency charged with determining how much lawmakers’ bills would cost.

Hall, who served on George W. Bush’s Council of Economic Advisers, is a critic of the Affordable Care Act who shares Republican skepticism of government spending and regulation.

He has criticized proposals to raise the minimum wage, expand regulation and boost anti-poverty programs.

Hall will replace Doug Elmendorf, a Democratic appointee who has run the office since 2009.

The pick is the latest bid by Republicans to revamp Congress’ budgeting process since they took control of the Senate. Last month, House Republicans formally adopted controversial budgeting rules known as “dynamic scoring” that aim to account for the macroeconomic effects of legislation. Democrats call it fuzzy math.

Though many Republicans hope the combination of a new CBO director and the dynamic scoring rules, will make it much easier to cut taxes, revenue estimates are actually the job of a different office: The Joint Committee on Taxation.

The twin budget offices divvy up the scorekeeping responsibilities, with JCT focused on taxes and CBO handling spending, deficits and economic forecasts.

Hall will handle proposals to rewrite President Barack Obama’s signature health care law, as well as those to revamp the nation’s immigration laws, among other issues. Many Republicans were unhappy with the agency’s analyses of Obamacare under Elmendorf and are eager for a new director to declare a repeal of the law would boost the economy.

“Keith Hall will bring an impressive level of economic expertise and experience to the Congressional Budget Office,” said House Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price, in a statement. “His vast understanding of economic and labor market policy will be invaluable to the work of CBO.” but now he's a lying lib

Democrats gave Hall a chilly welcome.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, and the ranking member on the Budget Committee, called him outside the mainstream.

“His opposition to increasing the minimum wage and his resistance to sound strategies for eliminating poverty place him outside the mainstream,” Sanders said in a statement. “That said, I look forward to continuing the important, 40-year tradition of independent and objective budget analysis at the CBO.”

His counterpart in the House, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, offered little more than congratulations.

“On a daily basis, Congress relies on CBO for nonpartisan, unbiased economic and budgetary analysis,” said the Maryland Democrat. “I hope that Director Hall will continue that tradition.”

Democrats pointed to a 2013 op-ed Hall wrote for the Hill in which he criticized Obamacare as well as proposals to raise the minimum wage.

The health care law would depress labor participation, while increasing the minimum age would result in fewer people being hired, Hall wrote — findings CBO actually made under Elmendorf to the disappointment of Democrats.

“Policies that either raise the cost of hiring or reduce the incentive for work are counterproductive to fostering employment,” Hall wrote. “Going forward, our economic policies must focus on avoiding and correcting such counterproductive policies.”

He also criticized efforts to combat joblessness through increased government spending, more generally.

“Throwing more government dollars at this problem won’t solve it,” he said.

He told the Senate Budget Committee in 2014 that “while new regulation may be important, they raise the cost of production and therefore the cost of hiring.”

It’s hardly uncommon for CBO chiefs to come into the job with a record of opinions on various public policy issues, said Alice Rivlin, the agency’s first and longest-serving director.

“That was true of me, and it was certainly true of, I think, almost everybody who’s served in the job,” she said. “It’s a very demanding job because you have to put your own opinions aside and do solid analysis that isn’t biased, and I hope he can do that.”

Hall, who will be just the ninth CBO director in its 40-year history, was also previously head of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and chief economist at the Commerce Department. and a fellow at George Mason University’s Mercatus Center. His GMU biography lists labor markets and labor market policy as well as economic data as his primary interests.

He has a Ph.D. in economics from Purdue University.

Hall will begin work on April 1, Price said, with Elmendorf remaining in office until then. Hall’s four-year term runs through 2018.

Republicans had been split over whether to reappoint Elmendorf, who was named to the job by Democrats. Some prominent Republicans economists such as Greg Mankiw and Alan Viard had urged their colleagues to retain him, calling him a fair broker. Others led by Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform argued that Republicans ought to install their own person in the office.

Republicans also interviewed Harvard University health care economist Katherine Baicker and former FCC Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth, an economist, for the job.

CBO directors are chosen jointly by the heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, with the Speaker and Senate’s president pro tempore — its longest serving member of the majority party, who is Sen. Orrin Hatch — formally making the appointment. No vote is required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will GOP moderates fold and give Trump a win? If so, they lied to you.

The big question now is whether Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) can buy off a few moderate senators with “side deals.”

The latest whip count shows that at least six moderate Republicans —

Susan Collins (Maine),
    Dean er (Nev.),
    S ey Moore Capito (W.Va.),
    Lisa Murkowski (Alaska),
    Rob Portman (Ohio), and
    Bill Cassidy (La.) —

oppose or have serious concerns about the bill.
    Collins has balked at the Medicaid cuts harming the “vulnerable.” er has decried tens of millions losing insurance. Capito, Murkowski and Portman have all expressed varying concerns about their states’ Medicaid expansion population losing coverage. (Four conservatives also are leaning against the bill; a total of three “no” votes would sink it.)

another key CBO finding — that the Senate bill would reduce the deficit by a few hundred billion dollars — has left McConnell some money with which to make these deals.

Among the ideas being mulled: putting more money into Medicaid; adding more funding to treat the opioid epidemic that has worried some of these moderates.

Even if these side deals brought down the number who would lose coverage by a few million — and that is unlikely —

the profound, overriding regressiveness of this bill would basically remain undisturbed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/06/27/will-gop-moderates-fold-and-give-trump-a-win-if-so-they-lied-to-you/?utm_term=.eea127e1c244&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

==================

Republicans eye billions in side deals to win Obamacare repeal votes

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...l-votes-239984

If McC can get to 50, then fake Christian and Christian misogynist supremacist warrior Pence will vote at 51 for the win.

Thread Information