Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and other Democrats immediately took to the floor to blast the plan.
    No surprise there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there will be some pro form bull "compromises", extremely marginal amendments, that won't dent dent murderous sociopathy, but the Repug Senators know that if they vote against, the oligarchy will finance them out of office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 GOP senators against.
    Dems voting against in a bloc.
    CBO took a on it.
    Votes on Thursday.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way this doesn't pass.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way this doesn't pass.
    Either way Obamacare had some clear deficiencies that both parties said were fixable. Opportunity lost.
    The Republicans vowed repeal and replace. So the replace is a piece of .

Why do you think it will pass? The Republicans holding out are on completely different sides of the fence. Too generous, not generous enough basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way Obamacare had some clear deficiencies that both parties said were fixable. Opportunity lost.
    The Republicans vowed repeal and replace. So the replace is a piece of .

Why do you think it will pass? The Republicans holding out are on completely different sides of the fence. Too generous, not generous enough basically.
    For the same reasons it passed the house when there was opposition on the right: (1) they'll make the bill even worse to get 3 more votes and (2) the GOP has to pass this, as they have been running on it since 2009. Maybe it doesn't pass on Thursday but it's eventually passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the same reasons it passed the house when there was opposition on the right: (1) they'll make the bill even worse to get 3 more votes and (2) the GOP has to pass this, as they have been running on it since 2009. Maybe it doesn't pass on Thursday but it's eventually passing.
    The Republicans had a tremendous plan already in place... turned out no one knew it was difficult...

Well it sounds like they basically relied on no one being able to read the details so if it does not pass Thursday it could theoretically be drastically different once people get to argue details. It's really too bad as part of the attractiveness of the any bill for Trumpies is that no Democrats should vote for it. And the Democrats won't disappoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really too bad as part of the attractiveness of the any bill for Trumpies is that no Democrats should vote for it. And the Democrats won't disappoint.
    Well tax cuts for the rich isn't a health plan, so why would they vote for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well tax cuts for the rich isn't a health plan, so why would they vote for it?
    Whats in place now will not work either.
    Its seriously hurting middle class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats in place now will not work either.
    Its seriously hurting middle class.
    It wasn't supposed to once Lieberman got to it. But it's less ty than what the GOP is trying to pass. Our healthcare costs have been ridiculous long before the ACA and it wasn't designed to stop the trend once the public option got killed off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

good article on what is really going on. these ers are hacks. souless, ing hacks who don't give a about anything but liberal tears and the wealthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard that Repug skeptic count, extremists and moderates, is up to 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six Nobel Prize-Winning Economists Just Sent A Scathing Letter To McConnell Condemning Trumpcare Bill

The outcry of criticism against the bill is reaching a crescendo as healthcare groups like the American Hospitals Association and terrified citizens unite in protest of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

They’ve been joined by a host of economists, including no less than six Nobel Prize-winners, who loudly called out the bill in a letter to for not doing any of the things that the mendacious Republicans say it will:

“At a time when economic change is making life more difficult for all but the relatively well-to-do, denying people to access health insurance is a giant step in the wrong direction.

The goal should be to hold down health costs and increase access to affordable, quality health coverage for all.

Unfortunately, the Better Care Reconciliation Act threatens reduced coverage and higher costs for those who continue to have it.”

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/06...rumpcare-bill/

ACA, proven job creator.

McConnell and his gang of sociopaths, job destroyers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    woah

weird though, 160 gop amendments but not one gop vote? then why bother with the amendments?

edit: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...n-amendments-/
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-26-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CBO Just Scored The Senate Trumpcare Bill And It’s Worse Than We Feared

The bill will cause 22 million Americans to lose their healthcare by 2026; a staggering fifteen million would lose their healthcare coverage next year,

It would decrease the federal deficit by $321 billion over a decade, or slightly half of what we spend on the military every fiscal year.

The Republican Party loudly decried the Affordable Care Act’s inclusion of a mandate penalizing people who don’t purchase healthcare;

the Republican alternative – hastily added in over the weekend once they realized they forgot to add in any provision in the original bill – would increase premiums by 30% of those who spend significant amounts of time without insurance

, which obviously puts healthcare even further out of reach for those who couldn’t afford it in the first place.

The CBO believes this will keep healthcare coverage away from another two million people.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/06...-worse-feared/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The legions of white trash that vote GOP aren't going to change their mind unless something that affects them immediately and drastically occurs. Rhetoric or slow change will not change . Then voting this down will only change the rhetoric and generate talking points. Passing it puts 10m or so of them without healthcare.

The GOP has a choice: either stroke the big money donors who want this bill and alienating the stupid s that elected them or having to come up with something else to try and mollify the rich donors. White trash has already been conditioned to ignore anything not from the echo chamber. You see that in yoni and thread here.

Thing is, the Koch brothers of the world are not going to turn blue no matter which outcome. Jethro and Luke might very well turn on them and either consider the dems or just go back to nonparticipation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Comprehensive Review Finds That Recent Studies Strengthen Conclusions of Landmark 2002 National Academy of Medicine Report Implicating Uninsurance in Thousands of Deaths.

Being uninsured substantially raises the risk of dying, according to a
    comprehensive review of studies published today in the Annals of Internal Medicine. The review updated a 2002 study conducted by the Ins ute of Medicine (IOM - now called the National Academy of Medicine) that concluded that

18,000 persons died each year from lack of health insurance.

The studies indicate that insurance decreases the odds of dying among adults by at least 3% and as much as 29%.

The authors conclude that health insurance prevents deaths at least in part by improving the diagnosis and treatment of high blood pressure.

“According to the CBO,

the Senate Republicans’ plan would strip coverage from 22 million Americans. The best estimate based on scientific studies is that about 29,000 Americans would die each year as a result.

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2017/06/26/new-comprehensive-review-finds-recent-studies-strengthen-conclusions-landmark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The legions of white trash that vote GOP aren't going to change their mind unless something that affects them immediately and drastically occurs. Rhetoric or slow change will not change . Then voting this down will only change the rhetoric and generate talking points. Passing it puts 10m or so of them without healthcare.

The GOP has a choice: either stroke the big money donors who want this bill and alienating the stupid s that elected them or having to come up with something else to try and mollify the rich donors. White trash has already been conditioned to ignore anything not from the echo chamber. You see that in yoni and thread here.

Thing is, the Koch brothers of the world are not going to turn blue no matter which outcome. Jethro and Luke might very well turn on them and either consider the dems or just go back to nonparticipation.
    It'll be Obama's fault. Obamacare is in a death spiral to Trump voters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's Baaack... To Confront Trumpcare Hypocrisy, 'Granny Off the Cliff' Returns

'This new video rips apart their health care plan and makes brutally clear just how damaging Medicaid cuts will be for America's seniors.

the Senate version of Republican approach would devastate the healthcare of seniors in numerous and specific ways:

• Medicaid, which is being cut by hundreds of billions of dollars, covers the long-term care costs of two-thirds of Americans living in nursing homes. Without Medicaid, these seniors will have no other way to pay for long-term care.
    • Repealing the Obamacare payroll tax weakens the Medicare Trust Fund, endangering the long-term health of the program and leaving the door open for future benefit cuts to Medicare recipients.
    • The bill’s elimination of essential health benefits means insurance companies can offer insurance that doesn’t even cover prescription drugs, among other important services.
    • 25 million people age 50-64 have a preexisting condition. This bill allows insurers to charge them significantly more, even to levels where health care becomes unaffordable.
    • Insurance companies will be able to charge older customers 5 times as much as younger ones, compared to 3 times as much under Obamacare rules, leading to an estimated 22% increase in premium costs for elderly Americans.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-cliff-returns

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Kellyanne Conway is not the GOP’: Republican Senator blisters top Trump adviser over false healthcare claim

In a segment with CNN host Jim Scuitto, Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) scoffed at the concept that President Donald Trump’s spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway speaks for the GOP.

“Over the weekend, Kellyanne Conway, spokesperson and surrogate for the White House,

made a remarkable claim that there aren’t any Medicaid cuts in this bill,”

Scuitto said. “Is the GOP misleading Americans about what’s actually in this bill?”

“Kellyanne Conway is not the GOP,” Cassidy said.

“She’s a very close spokesperson for the president and speaks for the president,” Scuitto rebuffed.

“I just can’t address that,” Cassidy said, shaking his head before getting into specifics about the GOP’s bill to repeal and replace Obamacare.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/kell...e+Raw+Story%29

Hey, Cassidy, the Repug talking point LIE, heard from many Repugs, is that Trash Care DOES NOT CUT Medicaid.

Thread Information