Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly they thought that or they wouldn't have traded for him. So we White might have been the 2nd option or he might have been the 1st option. What we know is that bum Bell was neither.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats probably why it took San Antonio a while to get the pick in. Plus in the post draft interview, RC didnt convey excitement as he usually does when SA gets the guy they wanted.
    WTF are you talking about? RC gave the same canned deadpanned answers he always does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've not been impressed by Roy Williams players in general, and certainly not the big men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everybody assuming he's going to play PG? He's 6'5 with a long wingspan, good shooter, not that good of a playmaker, good defender, everything points to a 3&D SG.
    Jay Bilas was saying during the draft that White was used as the primary ball-handler in pick-and-roll situations and did a really good job. He has some good playmaking skills. I guess we'll see him in action in a couple of weeks and get a little better idea of how he will do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Bilas was saying during the draft that White was used as the primary ball-handler in pick-and-roll situations and did a really good job. He has some good playmaking skills. I guess we'll see him in action in a couple of weeks and get a little better idea of how he will do.
    Maybe like a better shooting Nando

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are you talking about? RC gave the same canned deadpanned answers he always does.
    I agree, there's nowhere to tell with RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vinny with a 3 point shot

Vinny dunked all over James Worthy once, it's coming back around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think Nando was more of a finesse player than is White.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando was a pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think Nando was more of a finesse player than is White.
    Oh for sure - especially when you look at White's FT rate. Was more saying size/ball handling/running an offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh for sure - especially when you look at White's FT rate. Was more saying size/ball handling/running an offense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about being a hybrid or tweener is, who you're best off defending is match-up dependant.

Everything can't be based on Warriors. They account for 2-4 out of 82 games and majority of league isn't in position or attempting to contend for championship immediately. If you're playing them, Ibaka is more C. If you're playing Spurs, Ibaka is more PF. I wouldn't structure team with him primarily as C, unless starting PF was glass cleaner/rim roller.

Who White is best off defending will be similar. He's probably not suited to defending ultra fast/quick/athletic PG's or big/strong SG's. Less explosive PG's or spot up wings is ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/NdhkxhwdufY

Im starting to like him more and more. You know he puts in hard work .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about being a hybrid or tweener is, who you're best off defending is match-up dependant.

Everything can't be based on Warriors. They account for 2-4 out of 82 games and majority of league isn't in position or attempting to contend for championship immediately. If you're playing them, Ibaka is more C. If you're playing Spurs, Ibaka is more PF. I wouldn't structure team with him primarily as C, unless starting PF was glass cleaner/rim roller.

Who White is best off defending will be similar. He's probably not suited to defending ultra fast/quick/athletic PG's or big/strong SG's. Less explosive PG's or spot up wings is ideal.
    Right now, the only three teams you should be trying to beat are (in order) GS, Cle and Hou. Who cares about how the roster pans out against the rest of the league?

But agree that Ibaka's rebounding and willingness to pound the paint leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention his fake age. If this were 2K, Ibaka (the young version) would be a great fit. But it's not.

On White, what "big" SGs are you scared of him matching up with? The league is void of them outside of Butler. Harden would be a tough matchup for now too but you have Green/Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, the only three teams you should be trying to beat are (in order) GS, Cle and Hou. Who cares about how the roster pans out against the rest of the league?

But agree that Ibaka's rebounding and willingness to pound the paint leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention his fake age. If this were 2K, Ibaka (the young version) would be a great fit. But it's not.

On White, what "big" SGs are you scared of him matching up with? The league is void of them outside of Butler. Harden would be a tough matchup for now too but you have Green/Kawhi.
    Point is, I wouldn't call Ibaka a PF or a C; he's a hybrid, who's position is mostly dependant on opponent and Warriors, Cavaliers and Rockets, are only the opponent 6-12 times a season (plus potentially playoffs obviously). I'm not basing someone's position off such a small portion of games.

Thompson, DeRozan, Wade, Matthews, Evans, Stephenson, etc. I know they're mostly starters, but White's not suited to defending those types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/NdhkxhwdufY

Im starting to like him more and more. You know he puts in hard work .

I'll embed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks ,I sent it through my phone so It didn't come out correctly.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Hart is not the next Malcolm Brogdon. Mini Fathead is that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks. You have to love his story. His dad working that hard to find a school with a program for him to play college ball. Gotta love it. He's worked his way up, so you know how he's going to go after this opportunity. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. You have to love his story. His dad working that hard to find a school with a program for him to play college ball. Gotta love it. He's worked his way up, so you know how he's going to go after this opportunity. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.
    Summer League is right around the corner. Speaking of - if anyone ever gets the chance, you should attend SL. It's really a great event. You get to see a lot of players up close and personal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went out and looked at some video of White. I hope he's with Chip already.

I know I joke about things a lot, but damn he throws some knuckleballs. I saw one three pointer that I swear couldn't have made more than a turn and a half on the way to the hole. (It's a highlight video, so of course it went in.) Still not as bad as some of young Tony Parker's shots - he used to get side spin on a lot of them.

The good news is, if he can shoot that well pushing pumpkins, he really does have some shooting upside.

Summer League is right around the corner. Speaking of - if anyone ever gets the chance, you should attend SL. It's really a great event. You get to see a lot of players up close and personal.

I would LOVE to go watch SL sometime. The atmosphere with all those guys just looks like a lot of fun.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vinny with a 3 point shot
    Vinny with 2 feet more of range, you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vinny with a toe more of range, you mean?
    FIFY

Thread Information