Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I supported this pick until he asked who was better, Aldridge or Duncan.
    Remember this was Duncan in the last weeks of his career. And look at the date - it's after game 1 of the OKC series when LMA put up 40.

Everyone loves coming to a conclusion without considering context

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the 45% he says he shot from 3 on his last year can translate to the NBA, I don't see why he can't be a rotation player. He looks to have all the tools a current NBA player needs to have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article. Thanks for sharing. This kid sounds like a better prospect than the first round pick.

I like that he doesn't overrate himself

“A few years ago, I used to compare myself to Kawhi Leonard, but now he’s gotten so good that it’s hard to compare yourself to him,” Blossomgame said with a laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than the 29th pick at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He Went to Jaron

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for summer league. Quick question, why is everyone tripping over age when we all know the spurs don't really like to play young players. If you go back and look at previous drafts, the attrition rate is alarming with these young players. Give me a cat that is hungry and humble with that pressure to do well vs. en led youth every time! Let's give it some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting two older guys in the draft huh?

I think Pop is hoping for some guys who are not going to take 4 years to start to hit their prime. Guys closer to Kawhi in age...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome, another really old dude.
    I am thinking, close in age to Kawhi, not going to take 3_4 years to develop. Closer to their prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very undersized 4...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs finding value in older players that other teams are overlooking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he works hard and replaces Kyle Anderson but I understand Pop is in love with KA. I just wonder if he Spurs FO has lost it when it comes to judging players' work ethic. Please no more lazy Ryan Richards, James Gists or or Kyle Andersons. We need fighters like Manu or Tiago, even Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Blossom's defense, I think it was actually complimenting Duncan. That was when Tim was destroying the Clips, and he was like, "Is Tim still better than LMA? (Who had dominated Houston the previous year and looked like a top-three PF)"
    This is what I think as well. He was basically saying old one legged Timmy > or = to prime LMA. Smart kid, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a Kawhi backup tbh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a Kawhi backup tbh.
    Dont tell sagirl that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont tell sagirl that.
    she actually wrote a great point on how the Spurs are drafting "older" guys who are closer to kawhi's age. Maybe FO's wanting to hit 2 birds in one stone, draft more mature players, trying to get a star FA and contend while rebuilding. Who knows tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she actually wrote a great point on how the Spurs are drafting "older" guys who are closer to kawhi's age. Maybe FO's wanting to hit 2 birds in one stone, draft more mature players, trying to get a star FA and contend while rebuilding. Who knows tbh
    Maybe. I don't have an opinion on that right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An athletic wing...great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's age has nothing to do with it.

But this is the latest iteration of trying to find value. Used to be international players, now that's tapped out. Now the entire league is infatuated with freshmen who will almost all take years to develop because the NCAA top coaches don't do anymore. Go for the older players who have scraped and fought and learned how to improve their teammates on ty teams. That's where the value may be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think that's bad? Go check what the other pick had to say about the Spurs.
    Where? What did he say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's age has nothing to do with it.

But this is the latest iteration of trying to find value. Used to be international players, now that's tapped out. Now the entire league is infatuated with freshmen who will almost all take years to develop because the NCAA top coaches don't do anymore. Go for the older players who have scraped and fought and learned how to improve their teammates on ty teams. That's where the value may be.
    I think you are righ. As an Old Schooler, I like it, too. Most of ST thinks a 21-year old is getting long in the tooth, and they fret over drafting such old guys. Drafting a more ready-to-play guy seems like a pretty good idea to me, rather than waiting for some college freshman to maybe come around in a few years when his rookie deal is about to expire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember this was Duncan in the last weeks of his career. And look at the date - it's after game 1 of the OKC series when LMA put up 40.

No, I didn't look at the date. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. I am properly chastened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're a year off. The tweet was from 2015, otherwise known as Tim's last real show of dominance. Pretty sure he was hyping OMRW up, because the dude was seriously playing like a top big in that series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I didn't look at the date. Thanks for drawing it to my attention. I am properly chastened.
    You're a year off. The tweet was from 2015, otherwise known as Tim's last real show of dominance. Pretty sure he was hyping OMRW up, because the dude was seriously playing like a top big in that series.
    Now I stand corrected and have egg on my face (and sorry sasaint). I thought that might be the case with him praising Duncan's last stand.

Those earlier tweets also came from a kid who was still 19-20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I stand corrected and have egg on my face (and sorry sasaint). I thought that might be the case with him praising Duncan's last stand.

Those earlier tweets also came from a kid who was still 19-20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude kinda reminds me of leonard coming into the nba..
    Hopefully he is just as good.

Thread Information