Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep forgetting Kyle is so young. Feel like he's been here forever
    Maybe because of the way he moves on the court.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to have an older rookie who can contribute immediately on a cheap rookie contract than to have a younger project whose useful years commence with a more expensive contract.

By the way, a certain GOAT PF did stay all 4 years in college.
    I agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did he go so low? Is it his age? Seems like on talent alone he should have gone higher in 2nd round.
    Age is seen as a negative for many bad GMs. His shot i as very inconsistent anf streaky. When he's feeling it, you'd think he was a first rounder, but he doesn't feel it often and those misses barely hit the run at times. He also has a tendency to drift in games mentally. Shown signs to lose focus and inconsistent on defense. He can play great defense, then on the next play open up wrong and let his man walk to the rim.

Luckily for us, those are all coachable attributes. He definitely has room to improve, but it will take quite a bit of work to get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i hope this dude pans out.. Would love to see him play alongside Leonard.. Either at the 3 or the 2 spot..
    Small ball pf/c is also a possibility . He has the strength and athleticism to do it. He has said in interviews he is willing as well. Seems like thw right at ude to make the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small ball pf/c is also a possibility . He has the strength and athleticism to do it. He has said in interviews he is willing as well. Seems like thw right at ude to make the league.
    The Iggy comparison he gave himself is looking accurate (although of course he may not even be close to Iggy production-wise at the moment).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything on Bertans development?
    I heard he started shaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep forgetting Kyle is so young. Feel like he's been here forever
    heh.. guys think his career is done frankly. lol I laugh at their ignorance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it since draft night, but I really like this pick a lot. Think he has a bright future in the NBA. Not as a star but a solid 3&D player like LDN.
    Last edited by Robz4000; 07-15-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it since draft night, but I really like this pick a lot. Think he has a bright future in the NBA. Not as a star but a solid 3&D player like LDN.
    How did he do in the elimination game against portland? Apparently Spurs got outrebounded big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did he do in the elimination game against portland? Apparently Spurs got outrebounded big time.
    Rebounded better than anyone on the team apparently, and that was against the best rebounder in the draft in Swanigan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was our 3rd leading rebounder behind Jefferson and Whittingon at 4 a game (didn't count Murray bc he didn't play the last couple games).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoulda drafted Jordan Bell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but that has nothing to do with Blossom. Would have been White's problem. BG's actually doing reasonably well in Austin right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but that has nothing to do with Blossom. Would have been White's problem. BG's actually doing reasonably well in Austin right now.
    Really wish he was one of the Spurs' two-way contracts tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst part of not drafting Bell is that there were a lot of people here asking for him, so it wasn't as if his was a case of hindsight, tbh.

Also, looking at the roster construction, a bigman did a lot more sense than a guard. Bell would be getting a lot more minutes than what White has got so far. Just a bad move all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst part of not drafting Bell is that there were a lot of people here asking for him, so it wasn't as if his was a case of hindsight, tbh.

Also, looking at the roster construction, a bigman did a lot more sense than a guard. Bell would be getting a lot more minutes than what White has got so far. Just a bad move all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really wish he was one of the Spurs' two-way contracts tbh.
    Would be a good time to have him now with the team needing players who can play PF and Brandon Paul sucking it up as the backup SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would not have been surprised if the team knew they wanted Brandon Paul anyway, so they should have known their guard depth was "fine". Even if Bryn hadn't had that epic summer league, there were options like Hanlan or any of the guards who showed out (Mike James?) who could have stepped in.

The lack of a fourth legit big is maddening, even if I like the smalls as individuals. That missing depth has been causing problems left and right.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop playing an undersized big who doesn't space the floor? Lol he doesn't fit our system. Look at the bigs we play... they all stretch the floor... silly talk.

Edit: even our scrub two way player, Costello shoots threes... that alone should tell y'all the direction we are going with bigs. Dedmon is better than Bell with similar skill set and we let him walk. Y'all overrating GS players again...
    Last edited by raybies; 12-07-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the third best guy on the Toros team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of a fourth legit big is maddening, even if I like the smalls as individuals. That missing depth has been causing problems left and right.
    This. When I go to the game and watch Joff play I my pants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^What will happen to you if Gasol or LMA go down?

Thread Information