Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think White has to be on the roster since he was a first round pick. He believe he cam refuse to go to the dleague too. I doubt he would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its pointless to make a list like that. you have guys that are going to be traded there and you don't know who is coming back for them.
    I dont think its pointless when its the current roster.
    Did you read this part?
    "Of course this will change when Pg13/Cp3 signs and Aldridge/Green are traded. Or when Blossomgame outplays Green.. Lol"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think its pointless when its the current roster.
    Did you read this part?
    "Of course this will change when Pg13/Cp3 signs and Aldridge/Green are traded. Or when Blossomgame outplays Green.. Lol"
    you still have guys there that won't be in the team and don't know what's coming back... we can go in a circle here. it's pointless...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you 99%.. But I bet Blossomgame sees some playing time once Green disappears either via trade or his ty play during the season.

Hopefully Pop will slide Kawhi to the 2 spot and put Blossomgame at the 3.
    I think Kawhi stays at 3 because 4 will be Griffin. CP3 and Griffin opted out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still have guys there that won't be in the team and don't know what's coming back... we can go in a circle here. it's pointless...
    I understand ur point.
    But trying to debate on a roster WE BOTH AGREE will not look the same in the regular season is dumb.
    My point of the roster was more elated to the idea of moving klaw to the 2 spot and giving bertans/Blossomgame the 3..
    If PG13 goes elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi stays at 3 because 4 will be Griffin. CP3 and Griffin opted out
    Would be cool right!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand ur point.
    But trying to debate on a roster WE BOTH AGREE will not look the same in the regular season is dumb.
    My point of the roster was more elated to the idea of moving klaw to the 2 spot and giving bertans/Blossomgame the 3..
    If PG13 goes elsewhere.
    ok.
    we will just have to see what they do. I don't think Bertans can be a 3, much less a starting 3... and Blossom game is a 24/25 year old rook with a raw offensive game that doesn't include shooting or dribbling... more of a lob catcher in a SF frame. I like him, but frankly no way is he going to be starting. He will get the same rook treatment every other Spur rook has gotten... I think someone else starts at the SG spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs: 5 reasons Jaron Blossomgame was a good pick

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/06/27/sa...ame-good-pick/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs: 5 reasons Jaron Blossomgame was a good pick

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/06/27/sa...ame-good-pick/
    Blossomgame could probably shut down LMA right this very second on the basketball court.
    And that's not a compliment to anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if Blossomgame isn't one of the Spurs' two-way contract guys. He'll get good minutes in Austin, and get a few stints here to earn some decent money. He exceeded expectations in the workouts, and got a lot of positive comments. I was surprised that he fell all the way to 59, but he's exactly the kind of player the Spurs look for.

That being said, he's worked his ass off at every level. And I think he's going to look a lot better than many of the boys in SL. If the offseason isn't kind, I could see him getting that 15th roster spot, just because of his defense. He'd still spend time in Austin, but he'd make better money. It's obvious he has some work to do, but the one thing I don't doubt is that he's going to keep working his ass off. Don't underestimate that.

The young guys coming into the Spurs' system should have an incredible role model in Kawhi's work ethic. And the Spurs FO always look for character guys who will buy into that kind of thing. Blossomgame, I think, has the ability to over-achieve here. That 59 slot doesn't have a lot of expectations - I don't think the Spurs could have done much better there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Blossomgame was a great pick. Surprised he dropped so far.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blossomgame could probably shut down LMA right this very second on the basketball court.
    And that's not a compliment to anybody.
    My Tonight dropping Nukes like there's no tomorrow tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy will get cut.
    ok - any reasoning why you believe that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I initially thought the team's second-rounder would be a two-way guy. But now I don't know. I think he gets a shot to make the team in camp, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team. As I've said before, I think two-ways should be reserved for guys cut in camp. But regardless, I don't know if the team wants to limit itself to just having him for 45 days. If they trade Green, I think there's almost no chance he's not one of the 15. White may have defensive upside, but Blossomgame is more ready on that end right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I initially thought the team's second-rounder would be a two-way guy. But now I don't know. I think he gets a shot to make the team in camp, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team. As I've said before, I think two-ways should be reserved for guys cut in camp. But regardless, I don't know if the team wants to limit itself to just having him for 45 days. If they trade Green, I think there's almost no chance he's not one of the 15. White may have defensive upside, but Blossomgame is more ready on that end right now.
    There's still so many dominoes to fall, but I agree. I think Blossomgame has a great shot at the 15 man roster. However, I don't see the defensive upside with White. I think White will be able to defend back up PG ball handler/creators decently or PG/smaller SGs that are off ball/spot up shooters. Not a lot of versatility on that end with Mr. White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45 day cap is for? Can only be with the big club for 45 days?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if Blossomgame isn't one of the Spurs' two-way contract guys. He'll get good minutes in Austin, and get a few stints here to earn some decent money. He exceeded expectations in the workouts, and got a lot of positive comments. I was surprised that he fell all the way to 59, but he's exactly the kind of player the Spurs look for.

That being said, he's worked his ass off at every level. And I think he's going to look a lot better than many of the boys in SL. If the offseason isn't kind, I could see him getting that 15th roster spot, just because of his defense. He'd still spend time in Austin, but he'd make better money. It's obvious he has some work to do, but the one thing I don't doubt is that he's going to keep working his ass off. Don't underestimate that.

The young guys coming into the Spurs' system should have an incredible role model in Kawhi's work ethic. And the Spurs FO always look for character guys who will buy into that kind of thing. Blossomgame, I think, has the ability to over-achieve here. That 59 slot doesn't have a lot of expectations - I don't think the Spurs could have done much better there.
    Anyone can play in the nba tbh. Its just about hard work and an opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone can play in the nba tbh. Its just about hard work and an opportunity.
    Some limitations just can't be overcome. You can't paint it like that with such a broad brush. Anyone is just too broad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some limitations just can't be overcome. You can't paint it like that with such a broad brush. Anyone is just too broad.
    Zaza is proof that you don't need any talent to play in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. I sense another meaningless argument in the making.

As a non-lottery level rookie, Blossomgame has just about everything but a shooting stroke. He's reasonably athletic, reasonably quick, willing to play defense, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. The SL is going to be full of wide-eyed guys thinking they can make it in the NBA. The best of those will wind up as wide-eyed guys in the D-League, thinking they can make the big time. So, no, not everybody can make it in the NBA. And not everybody can learn how to shoot. But if he can improve that one aspect of his game, I don't see any reason why he can't make the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL.

But wasn't he almost al All-Star? The fans know best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't second rounders have to be offered the minimum tender, usually unguaranteed of course?

Now whenever second rounders try to force their hands it doesn't matter because the tender is revoked or they're cut immediately and without any amount guaranteed they're just free agents.

So unless the 2-way was agreed upon as a condition of being drafted, it probably is better for Blossomgame to take his chance on a second round salary and risk getting cut, if he thinks that he can still get a 2-way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I sense another meaningless argument in the making.

As a non-lottery level rookie, Blossomgame has just about everything but a shooting stroke. He's reasonably athletic, reasonably quick, willing to play defense, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. The SL is going to be full of wide-eyed guys thinking they can make it in the NBA. The best of those will wind up as wide-eyed guys in the D-League, thinking they can make the big time. So, no, not everybody can make it in the NBA. And not everybody can learn how to shoot. But if he can improve that one aspect of his game, I don't see any reason why he can't make the roster.
    I agree with you totally. You are referencing any prospect with a minimum requisite level of ability. Hard work can be the difference and often times is.

But for a 5'4 white guy who plays dungeons and dragons and has no athletic ability whatsoever, then he has no chance.

Anybody has to have some level of ability associated with it. Hard work can't turn every turd into a diamond. Just too broad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't second rounders have to be offered the minimum tender, usually unguaranteed of course?

Now whenever second rounders try to force their hands it doesn't matter because the tender is revoked or they're cut immediately and without any amount guaranteed they're just free agents.

So unless the 2-way was agreed upon as a condition of being drafted, it probably is better for Blossomgame to take his chance on a second round salary and risk getting cut, if he thinks that he can still get a 2-way.

Not sure if I understand your point, so I don't want to put words in your mouth. But what it sounds like you're saying - I don't think a 59 pick has a whole lot of leverage. He'll be gunning for a spot on the regular roster. But I'm pretty sure he'll take a two-way deal, if that's where the Spurs think his current development is. Being "older", I'm sure he doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the D-League. But if you're saying that he might play a little hardball with the Spurs, thinking he could get a 2-way anywhere? Mmmm... I really can't see how that's wise for a guy who almost went undrafted.

Thread Information