Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL.

But wasn't he almost al All-Star? The fans know best.
    Never underestimate the power of re s with keyboards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if I understand your point, so I don't want to put words in your mouth. But what it sounds like you're saying - I don't think a 59 pick has a whole lot of leverage. He'll be gunning for a spot on the regular roster. But I'm pretty sure he'll take a two-way deal, if that's where the Spurs think his current development is. Being "older", I'm sure he doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the D-League. But if you're saying that he might play a little hardball with the Spurs, thinking he could get a 2-way anywhere? Mmmm... I really can't see how that's wise for a guy who almost went undrafted.
    Spot on. Blossom game has no bargaining power or leverage at this point. He is just along for the ride and loving every minute of it at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's this 45 day thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's this 45 day thing?
    Just looked it up.

They are capped at 45 days with the nba club. Once that threshold is reached then the team has to either sign to a nba contract for the rest of the season or waive the player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs: 5 reasons Jaron Blossomgame was a good pick

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/06/27/sa...ame-good-pick/
    Basically he has good size, he's athletic, can finish at the rim at a high rate, and crashes the offensive boards.

There's a lot to like about this kid. Definitely more excited to see how he fares with the team than White, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically he has good size, he's athletic, can finish at the rim at a high rate, and crashes the offensive boards.

There's a lot to like about this kid. Definitely more excited to see how he fares with the team than White, tbqh.

There's another thread for discussion about White, but I'll say this: I remember the reaction here when the Spurs drafted some never-heard-of guy from IUPUI. I remember it like yesterday, partly because I was one of the ones pulling my hair out.

I'm not sweating either of these draft picks. They don't all work out, but I don't have any doubt that they were good picks. I wish they could have come up with another pick or two in this draft - especially one of those cash-only deals for an early to mid second rounder. But I expect we'll see why they took a shot on White. Murray looked like a total miss during last year's SL, and look at him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, it looks like Blossomgame has more room to grow even if he's not the better player right now. I'm hoping White proves all us skeptics wrong, of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another thread for discussion about White, but I'll say this: I remember the reaction here when the Spurs drafted some never-heard-of guy from IUPUI. I remember it like yesterday, partly because I was one of the ones pulling my hair out.

I'm not sweating either of these draft picks. They don't all work out, but I don't have any doubt that they were good picks. I wish they could have come up with another pick or two in this draft - especially one of those cash-only deals for an early to mid second rounder. But I expect we'll see why they took a shot on White. Murray looked like a total miss during last year's SL, and look at him now.
    What George Hill had going with him (6'9" wingspan) was his length and above average athleticism. Derrick White is a different kind of player, he is at least 2 inches taller than Hill and has better handles and better shooting. I think Spurs may have lucked out again in that they got a ball handler with decent size that can also shoot. Murray is close to George Hill in what he brings to the table, he's got length but like Hill isn't a sharpshooter.

This is a thread though for Blossomgame. He has got an NBA body and has the physical tools to do well in this league. If a limited player like Danny Green can thrive within the Spurs system, then Blossomgame should be able to be a decent 3 and D player. Blossomgame is bigger than Green, however Green has an uncanny ability on defense that is very hard to replicate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a sharp kid with a good positive at ude. That's a good thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a sharp kid with a good positive at ude. That's a good thing.
    What stands out for me the first time I heard him talk was that he speaks extremely well. I guess that's what 4 years of college does to you?

Usually 59th picks don't hang around, but I think this kid has all the qualities to make it into the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Blossomgame seems like a good guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did he go so low? Is it his age? Seems like on talent alone he should have gone higher in 2nd round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did he go so low? Is it his age? Seems like on talent alone he should have gone higher in 2nd round.
    Age, inconsistent 3-point shot, and other limitations to his offensive game.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But.. can his game blossom?

What stands out for me the first time I heard him talk was that he speaks extremely well. I guess that's what 4 years of college does to you?

Usually 59th picks don't hang around, but I think this kid has all the qualities to make it into the team.
    Probably yes.

Age, inconsistent 3-point shot, and other limitations to his offensive game.
    I wonder if it's worth it to pass on talent because of age. I mean, the Kobes, KGs and Lebrons don't come around that often. Many high draft picks come as projects with question marks. Recently, many good players get away from their original teams to win or get paid...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But.. can his game blossom?

Probably yes.

I wonder if it's worth it to pass on talent because of age. I mean, the Kobes, KGs and Lebrons don't come around that often. Many high draft picks come as projects with question marks. Recently, many good players get away from their original teams to win or get paid...
    This year's rookie of the year, Malcolm Brogdon is 24 years old.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year's rookie of the year, Malcolm Brogdon is 24 years old.
    Brogdon showed remarkable year-on-year improvements in college that was stupidly overlooked by most GMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to hear him refer to Dejounte and Bryn as "two fine young men" but then, he is older than they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to hear him refer to Dejounte and Bryn as "two fine young men" but then, he is older than they are.
    Bryn is older than Jaron. Blossomgame is 23, but people are calling him 24 because he's going to turn that before the season begins. Bryn turns 24 next month. He is older than Murray, White and Kyle, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything on Bertans development?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn is older than Jaron. Blossomgame is 23, but people are calling him 24 because he's going to turn that before the season begins. Bryn turns 24 next month. He is older than Murray, White and Kyle, though.
    I keep forgetting Kyle is so young. Feel like he's been here forever

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to have an older rookie who can contribute immediately on a cheap rookie contract than to have a younger project whose useful years commence with a more expensive contract.

By the way, a certain GOAT PF did stay all 4 years in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili came over in 2003 when he was around 25 already. 24 is nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to have an older rookie who can contribute immediately on a cheap rookie contract than to have a younger project whose useful years commence with a more expensive contract.

By the way, a certain GOAT PF did stay all 4 years in college.
    that is a good way of looking at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i hope this dude pans out.. Would love to see him play alongside Leonard.. Either at the 3 or the 2 spot..

Thread Information