Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in this forum or any other have I said this but... IMHO... after the first year with the Spurs, my take is he is not intelligent enough to play for the Spurs or Pop !!! He doesn't get " IT " !!! Never will !!!
    You mean Aldridge right ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in this forum or any other have I said this but... IMHO... after the first year with the Spurs, my take is he is not intelligent enough to play for the Spurs or Pop !!! He doesn't get " IT " !!! Never will !!!
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't take well to tanking... so I would suggest guys to not bring that up.
    there will be no tanking while he's an MVP candidate in the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good. Kawhi is made of glass.
    Meow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would. I'd get the away from Popovich. He took Leonard's ppg down a whole ing 1 the last few weeks of the season by playing him for a few minutes and benching him the rest of the game. It's as if he doesn't want him to get too big so he's not asking for excessive amounts of money. I'd ing leave. Popovich in his 70s coming up will be even more insane and hard to tolerate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he left, I'd have to follow him wherever he goes(have been watching the Spurs since 1990)..I really enjoy watching the guy play.
    well you're not a fan. you're one of those bandwagon es we all talk about. Thanks for exposing yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concerned? No. I hope he does whatever is in his best interest, be it here or elsewhere. It's just basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just yesterday the Spurs were going to trot out cp3, pg13, kawhi, melo, and porz. Now kawhi is leaving.. what will tomorrow bring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well you're not a fan. you're one of those bandwagon es we all talk about. Thanks for exposing yourself
    That's a first. I've never been called a bandwagon , in the near 30 years of watching the Spurs lol.... do you even know what a bandwagon fan is??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Aldridge right ?
    Yes sorry , I did mean Aldridge ...( Rum got in the way of of my brain last night )but yes ! LA just doesn't have the mental for ude it takes to play for Pop...Never will !!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but Rum + Posting got me side tracked on LA when I was reading this thread ... LA just doesn't have the mental skills to play for Pop. I will go away now !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a nice little narrative Durant created.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop has done many right things so far: calling Kawhi the best player in the league, highlighting Zaza's dirty play to the media to defend his guy, etc.

It's RC I'm worried about.
    It's amazing the lengths some go to in order to absolve Pop for responsibility. He is just as liable for direction, signings, and drafting as RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a Spur for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs will do everything they can to keep a decent team around Kawhi and the Spurs will treat him well. They've done a good job through the years of keeping the top gun happy, contract-wise. This is Kawhi's team and he knows it. I believe there is reciprocal appreciation from both sides.

I don't think the Warriors will stay dominant at this level for more than one more season. The Spurs were the second best team in the league last year because of Kawhi. If they can add anything around him of value, and if he stays healthy, they'll challenge the Warriors.

Thread Information