Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have Kawhi locked up this season and next. But after that he can opt out and enter free agency and he most llikely will since he can sign a new max deal. But if we can't land a legit superstar to play beside him, do you think he'll stick around during his prime while we wait on our young draftees to develop? It is something to ponder. We were lucky Tim stayed in 2003 and so is Tim. But this time could be different. You also have to consider that POP will retire and wont last the full length of his next contract and that may also be something Kawhi has to consider. I hope he stays. But I am a bit worried if we cant land another superstar this summer or next.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately for Kawhi, there's no Sam Presti to draft Tony Parker like he did with Tim.

Hes better off leaving than playing with Derrick White, Kyle Anderson, Danny Green, Joel Anthony, and Bryn Forbes

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    He'd make a good sidekick to Lonzo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd make a good sidekick to Lonzo.
    Stop posting, got..

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Tim Duncan was this close -->.<-- to jump ship and sign w/ Orlando. I wouldn't blame Kawhi tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop posting, got..
    Guy with a Dubs avatar who says his team is the Hawks pimping the Lakers?!

Some confused dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest threat for losing Kawhi is that he is getting involved in film projects, and that he has family and friends in Cali. The side ventures were one of the big draws for Durant. IF Pop quits, that could be a factor, but chances are Pop stays on in operations, and the organization keeps behaving much the same way. He's not going to be playing along side Bryn Forbes and Joel Anthony, except for fluke minutes. End of that story.

He drives a damn 97 Tahoe. He's not leaving just to play in a bigger market.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Tim Duncan was this close -->.<-- to jump ship and sign w/ Orlando. I wouldn't blame Kawhi tbh.
    Orlando could match money. Today, the Spurs can offer a supermax that nobody can touch. (And don't forget those fewer dollars other teams can offer will be subject to state income tax.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest threat for losing Kawhi is that he is getting involved in film projects, and that he has family and friends in Cali. The side ventures were one of the big draws for Durant. IF Pop quits, that could be a factor, but chances are Pop stays on in operations, and the organization keeps behaving much the same way. He's not going to be playing along side Bryn Forbes and Joel Anthony, except for fluke minutes. End of that story.

I have talked myself into believing he is a Spur-for-life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy with a Dubs avatar who says his team is the Hawks pimping the Lakers?!

Some confused dude.
    Worst troll on forum..extremely bland and lame style..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have talked myself into believing he is a Spur-for-life.
    Me too...
    perfect san antonio star ... very low key. doesn't even like attention.

But it would be a mistake to take him for granted for sure. Big mistake in life to take blessings for granted, and Pop was blessed Kawhi turned out as good as he did. I don't think Pop would assume he stays. They will try to make this right for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have Kawhi locked up this season and next. But after that he can opt out and enter free agency and he most llikely will since he can sign a new max deal. But if we can't land a legit superstar to play beside him, do you think he'll stick around during his prime while we wait on our young draftees to develop? It is something to ponder. We were lucky Tim stayed in 2003 and so is Tim. But this time could be different. You also have to consider that POP will retire and wont last the full length of his next contract and that may also be something Kawhi has to consider. I hope he stays. But I am a bit worried if we cant land another superstar this summer or next.
    Yeah...I agree and have a little concern. It's all going to depend if they remain one of the top few teams in the league. I don't think he'd leave a very good team to chase a ring with a super team. But a I also don't think the money is enough to keep him here if they start sucking.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good. Kawhi is made of glass.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a nice little narrative Durant created.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he left, I'd have to follow him wherever he goes(have been watching the Spurs since 1990)..I really enjoy watching the guy play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Spurs organization s something up it's doubtful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop has done many right things so far: calling Kawhi the best player in the league, highlighting Zaza's dirty play to the media to defend his guy, etc.

It's RC I'm worried about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how he feels about the ass kissing of Aldridge.
    Remember that stretch where Kwa was averaging like 30/8/8 on 60% along with kick ass D? Then Popped put a halt to it and ins uted the Force it to LameRcus offense.

Final 10 games of the season and into the playoffs we had the Force Feed Aldridge Offense that killed ball movement.
    but but but we have to get LMA going
    Even had a lot of posters here swallowing that drizzle.

As if other players didn't need to get in a groove for the post season too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in this forum or any other have I said this but... IMHO... after the first year with the Spurs, my take is he is not intelligent enough to play for the Spurs or Pop !!! He doesn't get " IT " !!! Never will !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won a championship already. If Murray becomes a good running mate, then he has no reason to leave . I think he will take the money going forward, and believe Pop or RC can find some gems here and there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not concerned at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely no chance in . Besides the fact that he'd have to take less money anywhere else, he seems to be fiercely loyal to (and happy with) the team that traded to draft him and then developed him, and the Spurs (and SA) are the perfect franchise/city for his introverted persona (and I don't mean that pejoratively). He will be a lifer with this team, just like Duncan, Manu, Robinson, Dirk (Mavs), Kobe (Lakers), etc., and the Spurs will happily give him his max deal like they're giving a Snickers bar to a kid on Halloween.

Thread Information