Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment, until he reestablishes himself as a viable trade piece. That GSW series tarnished that 60win season and people think he made no effort. I think FO also knows this so if they see they cant get anything of value from him, I expect Murray, Manu to feed him the ball consistently this season until some owner forgets hes really a sad sack of and exchange some nice players for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Would rather bring back Bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I'd rather go with Kyle Anderson and Davis Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't watch a single game if this pos is still on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the reports about him, there are several, from different sources reporting the same thing: that he's disgruntled frustrated and wants out.
    Usa today:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ade/420644001/

the Spurs are faced with all sorts of uncertainty that could lead to them surging ahead or falling behind.
    The first front and center issue to be resolved? LaMarcus Aldridge.
    According to a person with knowledge of the Spurs forward’s situation, it’s the 31-year-old’s unhappiness in San Antonio that is the driving force behind the Spurs’ trade talks on Thursday. The five-time All-Star, according to the person, is hopeful that San Antonio can find a better fit for his talents.
    The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.
    The Spurs are known to be talking to several teams about the possibility of trading Aldridge, with their hope of landing a high first-round pick in the Thursday draft.
    They weren't able to get a draft pick high enough for a player that they liked so he's still in the team... but he was very much on his way out. I believe RC is doing some damage control with his statements that they want to make the team better but also like what they have bc he's getting extremely low ball offers but he's on his way out. I can't imagine he stays in the team when things have reached this spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last year in Portland may give us hope that he wants to raise his market value. He actually may not give a about the team but play hard for his own selfish reasons. I hope he doesn't get the chance to do it here. I really don't care for the guy and I get nauseous just seeing him in a Spurs jersey.

This is hilarious: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19...espnapi_public
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 06-24-2017 at 11:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could get a three teams trade with suns or blazers to get Porzingis

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when does Stephen A Smith get to establish what is the truth, especially as it relates to the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly SAS is trying to drum something up. LMA is still part of a core that won back to back 60 games and reached the WCF. He disappeared in the playoffs when it mattered but hes still a good regular season player. I really hope FO gets something of value in return

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't even get Melo for Aldridge...damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't even get Melo for Aldridge...damn
    My hope would be that if the Spurs get CP3 to come here, Melo would agree to a buy-out and join the Spurs to play with his buddy. Of course, in my little fantasy, Melo comes off the bench in a scoring role and doesn't cost the Spurs more than a vet minimum. You have to play defense to get playing time in San Antonio though. That would be a problem for Melo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched that and you know what? Pierce is right. He didn't seem happy and he didn't play with effort. I bet in a right situation (whatever that is for him), he will come out balling again. It won't be the Spurs. Hopefully some team buys in to the fact he wasn't doing well bc of that and trades for him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Dedmon doesnt resign? Whos gonna be the team's bigmen? Gasol, Bertans, and someone from the summer league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth is no one wants LMA at the moment. Waiting how FO spins this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope would be that if the Spurs get CP3 to come here, Melo would agree to a buy-out and join the Spurs to play with his buddy. Of course, in my little fantasy, Melo comes off the bench in a scoring role and doesn't cost the Spurs more than a vet minimum. You have to play defense to get playing time in San Antonio though. That would be a problem for Melo.
    Or Aldridge goes up to 5 and Melo plays 4 and with CP3? I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Aldridge goes up to 5 and Melo plays 4 and with CP3? I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.
    Diva Aldridge refuses to play 5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment, until he reestablishes himself as a viable trade piece. That GSW series tarnished that 60win season and people think he made no effort. I think FO also knows this so if they see they cant get anything of value from him, I expect Murray, Manu to feed him the ball consistently this season until some owner forgets hes really a sad sack of and exchange some nice players for him
    No doubt, I just hope he doesn't hold the team hostage. Fortunately his futures on the line too. You don't have to be friends to work well together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diva Aldridge refuses to play 5
    He can't even post up a pg let alone a 5. If he had some cajones he'd be a good as a center since he seems to be strong enough just not willing and quite passive for a big man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge would indeed be the perfect center in today's NBA if he were actually tough in the paint, and improved his 3pt shot.

Too bad he isn't the former, and hasn't improved the latter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    frankly, if we have to get rid of him, after tryng something on nba trade machine, i've seen there could be a lot of potential trades that makes sense for both teams...one, for example, is trading him to the clips for another player that has a low market value as of now...De Andre Jordan.
    But that's just an example...the combination of his value and his contract makes him valuable for a lot of teams...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can people stop citing this 60 win season as if Kawhi didn't carry the team all year long? Truth be told, rest of the team were inconsistent outside Kawhi, including obviously Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will dump him for barely anything if they can get a replacement to commit via Free Agency. ( Millsap, Blake, Ibaka or a combination of Pat Patterson or Taj Gibson & another player)

If they cant via Free Agency, then theyll explore trading for salary.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-25-2017 at 08:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the reception from the fanbase this gutless, pussy POS will get if he is on the team on opening night? It will get real ugly real quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo?
    Just another diva...

Thread Information