Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd argue the real power rankings.

Ps2
    Ps1
    SNES

Pretty sure xlol and ps4 will outsell SNES pretty easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, quite a meltdown.

Genious predictions, too.

Comparing the sales of a console to those eras to now is stupid as . The gaming industry was a niche back then, it wasn't like it is today. The game industry is at least 15x bigger than it was in the 90s.

For example, any given decent game today would sell 1 or 2 million units in a week or less.. The SNES only sold 50 million in it's lifespan. That should tell you all you need to know about the growth of the industry.

It's just math.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't compare sales numbers between decades, it's apples to oranges. PS2 was impressive just for the size of their library, and they had a bunch of revolutionary games. But SNES, especially compared to the original NES, felt so solid and streamlined. It's amazing what they accomplished creatively with that hardware. Many of the games I'd still consider some of the best ever.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Play the ps3 games first bro...Tbh, I wouldn't buy the remaster because of the ps4 game. Feels like a waste of money and I love R&C

But play the ps4 game first. That's essentially a remake of the ps2 game.

Are you playing it after nier? Man, still inlove with R&C weapons.
    Dude it's the trilogy of PS2 games but at 720p on PS3. Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando aren't worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but does it play Ratchet & Clank?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude it's the trilogy of PS2 games but at 720p on PS3. Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando aren't worth it?
    Both great games. I'd buy it. I was just speaking in terms of getting to know the series since the ps4 remaster basically. Does everything .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, quite a meltdown.

Genious predictions, too.

Comparing the sales of a console to those eras to now is stupid as . The gaming industry was a niche back then, it wasn't like it is today. The game industry is at least 15x bigger than it was in the 90s.

For example, any given decent game today would sell 1 or 2 million units in a week or less.. The SNES only sold 50 million in it's lifespan. That should tell you all you need to know about the growth of the industry.

It's just math.
    The ps2 exploded. No one other console from any generation today or before has had the same success.

You wanna speak math, come talk to me when any other console has reached 150.

Ps1 still the second.goat console of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ps2 exploded. No one other console from any generation today or before has had the same success.

You wanna speak math, come talk to me when any other console has reached 150.

Ps1 still the second.goat console of all time.
    You can make an argument for PS2, but PS1? No way. PS1 was filled with terrible 3D games that have aged horribly (same for N64, another highly overrated console). The PS1/N64 generation was the worst since the Atari 2600/ColecoVision generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can make an argument for PS2, but PS1? No way. PS1 was filled with terrible 3D games that have aged horribly (same for N64, another highly overrated console). The PS1/N64 generation was the worst since the Atari 2600/ColecoVision generation.
    That's a weak argument. 3D at that time was revolutionary. Don't care how ps1 aged, the fact of the matter is that it sold 102 and helped solidify the console market. It dominated 64, but even 64 helped in developing the industry.

N64/PS1 was a decent era. It promoted Microsoft to enter the console industry a geberation later.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goldeneye and kart 64 were better than anything on ps1 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goldeneye and kart 64 were better than anything on ps1 tbh
    As was Mario 64.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a weak argument. 3D at that time was revolutionary. Don't care how ps1 aged, the fact of the matter is that it sold 102 and helped solidify the console market. It dominated 64, but even 64 helped in developing the industry.

N64/PS1 was a decent era. It promoted Microsoft to enter the console industry a geberation later.
    I thought that generation felt ty back then too. So many ugly games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah PSX sucked. Can't think of a single game that would be playable today, whereas there are plenty of NES and SNES games that are still fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL You're not going to pulled me into a ridiculous arguement I already proved wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but does it play Ratchet & Clank?
    This

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Yeah PSX sucked. Can't think of a single game that would be playable today, whereas there are plenty of NES and SNES games that are still fun.
    haha, been playing tf out of Castlevania: Symphony of the night, Tony Hawk PS 2, Civilization 2 in the last month. Dabbled with Final Fantasy 5???? crash bandicoot, spyro . Still working on getting Metal gear working yet.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Frustrating thing about some of the older systems, mainly ps2, is the online emphasis and when the servers were disconnected the games were over.

I'd still be playing SOCOM games today. I missed out on SOCOM 2 but i played tf out of confrontation. I'd buy a new console when they remake that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've always felt, other than a handful of truly great games on both the 64 and PS1, that the libraries for both those consoles were mostly garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've always felt, other than a handful of truly great games on both the 64 and PS1, that the libraries for both those consoles were mostly garbage.
    Pretty much how I feel. The only PS1 games I have been much of a fan of were Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Those were amazing. I guess Spyro was pretty good too. And similar for N64. Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, and Goldeneye were great, but I was never a fan of Mario 64 nor a lot of the other early 3D games. And then Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 was great on both. But if I go one generation back or one generation forward it seemed like there were so many better games per generation.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah PS2 and its not close. No console out there had a a combination of quan y and quality as Much ps2. Seriously, it felt like they released a decent game every week. So many revolutionary games too.

Ps2

360,Ps1, SNEs

Ps4...I'd put ps4 up in tier 2 but let's be honest here, the choice of games for ps4 or ps4 generation is always going to be a weak point.

PS2
    The PSX and the SNES were both better than the PS2, tbh. And the Gamecube and Dreamcast are both up there, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a pre order on Walmart last week tbh. I'm hearing that Wally World didn't mean to do that and is cancelling some orders. Haven't gotten anything from them yet so fingers are crossed imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating thing about some of the older systems, mainly ps2, is the online emphasis and when the servers were disconnected the games were over.

I'd still be playing SOCOM games today. I missed out on SOCOM 2 but i played tf out of confrontation. I'd buy a new console when they remake that series.
    Loved SOCOM too.. Telling your squad what to do via headset was truly next level in 2001 or whenever that was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a pre order on Walmart last week tbh. I'm hearing that Wally World didn't mean to do that and is cancelling some orders. Haven't gotten anything from them yet so fingers are crossed imho
    Apparently they're canceling all of them.

http://kotaku.com/walmart-cancels-sn...itc-1797277387

“Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date,” reads an email that Walmart just sent to those who pre-ordered a SNES Classic. “We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.”

If you still have a Walmart pre-order that hasn’t been canceled, the wording of this email indicates that your SNES Classic is not long for this world, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently they're canceling all of them.

http://kotaku.com/walmart-cancels-sn...itc-1797277387

“Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date,” reads an email that Walmart just sent to those who pre-ordered a SNES Classic. “We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.”

If you still have a Walmart pre-order that hasn’t been canceled, the wording of this email indicates that your SNES Classic is not long for this world, either.
    Yeah just got my email today. was hoping they'd honor at least some of them. that was a luck of the draw in finding out about it; when it goes on preorder at target or amazon or wherever, I'll probably find out the next day or some bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah just got my email today. was hoping they'd honor at least some of them. that was a luck of the draw in finding out about it; when it goes on preorder at target or amazon or wherever, I'll probably find out the next day or some bull
    I was on Walmart when they were in stock inputting my credit card info during cart checkout, clicked submit and then the next screen said they were out of stock. So I was lowkey jealous of you lucky bas s who had gotten one but I guess we're all back to zero now.

There are websites that notify you when websites get an item you want in stock or preorder like nowinstock.net or zoolert. Honestly I don't know how good they are but that's an option to take.

Thread Information