Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would have been a 4-1 series loss is a 3-2 advantage. That's the difference a top 10 player makes.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-24-2018 at 10:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would have been a 4-1 series loss is a 3-2 advantage. That's the difference a top 10 player makes.
    That’s the difference defensive adjustments made. Way to much credit on paul. Defense did most of the work this series.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That’s the difference defensive adjustments made. Way to much credit on paul. Defense did most of the work this series.
    Wouldn’t you agree, that Paul who’s also known for his defensive attributes may have something to donwith it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t you agree, that Paul who’s also known for his defensive attributes may have something to donwith it?
    His defense is the most overrated aspect of his game.

The rockets were able to switch on everything which stopped the free flowing offensive game of the warriors. Paul can’t guard every position. He plays the passing lane a lot though.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    CP3’s man defense has actually been pretty good the last couple games especially. Guys can still shoot over him because he’s so small. But he stays in front of guys and he tends to hold his ground pretty well on post ups considering his size.

Because they switch everything, no one defender really has stood out, not even Capela or Ariza or Tucker. Switching helps alleviate the pressure for one defender to do all the heavy lifting on one particular scorer. It also negates or at least mitigates the amount of open looks created out of PNR. That’s one reason why Golden State has fallen into more and more iso plays. When a defense switches everything even on off the ball screens, it creates fewer open looks from their free flowing passing offense. Forces them to go one-on-one more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense is the main reason, but without another star to bail out Chokerden they would have lost anyway.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Defense is the main reason, but without another star to bail out Chokerden they would have lost anyway.
    True, they'd be screwed without Team Leader Gordon.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Unless he puts up 40/10/5, Harden's gonna get buried when he loses in game 7 either without CP3 or with a 50% at best CP3. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s face it. Paul didn’t play anywhere close to a top ten player in the series. It’s gordon who saved Houston’s ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s face it. Paul didn’t play anywhere close to a top ten player in the series. It’s gordon who saved Houston’s ass.
    You can't compare Paul and Gordon. Paul is out there creating offense, while Gordon takes advantage of the opportunities Paul and Harden create. One has a much more difficult task than the other. It was Paul the one putting the team on his shoulders on the crucial parts of the last two games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You can't compare Paul and Gordon.
    Agreed. One of them is clutch, a leader and a winner. The other one is Chris Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't compare Paul and Gordon. Paul is out there creating offense, while Gordon takes advantage of the opportunities Paul and Harden create. One has a much more difficult task than the other. It was Paul the one putting the team on his shoulders on the crucial parts of the last two games.
    It was the warriors choking that took the rockets on its shoulders.
    This is one of the worst series I’ve seen of two supposedly top teams facing off. There’s more bad basketball in a game in this series than an entire bucks vs pacers series in the 80s.

today’s nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the warriors choking that took the rockets on its shoulders.
    This is one of the worst series I’ve seen of two supposedly top teams facing off. There’s more bad basketball in a game in this series than an entire bucks vs pacers series in the 80s.

today’s nba.
    Sure. When playoffs games used to finish 84-80 it was good, tough defense. Now it's just bad play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. When playoffs games used to finish 84-80 it was good, tough defense. Now it's just bad play.
    If the rules are changed to allow much easier offense and two teams that ha repent the entire year scoring 120 a game suddenly can’t score, then it’s choking.

It really is obvious.

Sort of appalling that you can’t seem to understand how the league has changed the entire set of rules to disallow defense, and the teams still can’t score is really about bad offense.

Curry is now 0-6 in go ahead shots in the last 24 seconds of playoff games and he’s supposed to be the greatest shooter of all time. I’m sure it’s great defense.

Harden has now missed his last 20 three pointers. I’m sure that’s great defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rules are changed to allow much easier offense and two teams that ha repent the entire year scoring 120 a game suddenly can’t score, then it’s choking.

It really is obvious.

Sort of appalling that you can’t seem to understand how the league has changed the entire set of rules to disallow defense, and the teams still can’t score is really about bad offense.

Curry is now 0-6 in go ahead shots in the last 24 seconds of playoff games and he’s supposed to be the greatest shooter of all time. I’m sure it’s great defense.

Harden has now missed his last 20 three pointers. I’m sure that’s great defense.
    As if it hasn't always been the norm to see scoring decrease on the playoffs. When good teams face each other so many times in a row they start to read each other's offensive moves like a map.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's just a coincidence that Timmy went 10-27 in 2005, Kobe 6-24, Dirk 9-27, Lebron 9-26 in their closeout Finals games. Not that defense is played better in critical games. Just a coincidence. These guys are chokers

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's just a coincidence that Timmy went 10-27 in 2005, Kobe 6-24, Dirk 9-27, Lebron 9-26 in their closeout Finals games. Not that defense is played better in critical games. Just a coincidence. These guys are chokers
    at comparing that turd Kobe laid to those other performances. That was a choke. He just had MVPau bailing him out per par.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk missed a ton of wide open shots in the first half of that closeout game. Nobody on SpursTalk is going to say Kobe didn’t choke with 6/24. And post Tim/LeBron’s other closeout game numbers. Nice cherry picking tho, Vivek Ranadive heartily approves.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So is everybody going to start arguing with s lot of people now?

still can’t understand records are relative.
    not understanding the 72 win bulls are massively overrated just because of that number as there were two expansion teams that year to dillute the talent.
    The Bulls still would have won 70 games. IIRC, they even lost to the Raptors that year. Pretty much the only player teams missed from the talent pool was Damon Stoudamire and maybe Big Country Reeves. And I didn't mention Doug Christie or John Salley on purpose.

On a side note, Greg Anthony was an original Grizzly.
    Last edited by Caltex2; 05-26-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The are you talking about?
    Orating this year, 2nd in the league, 114.7
    Orating last year, 2nd in the league, 114.7

Drating is due to the change in defensive changes and Capella improvement. CP3 is about average on the team in Drating.

The Rockets improved more around Capella's improvement than anything else. The record got better due to wide-spread tanking and GSW having the foot off gas.

It is almost hilarious that you would attribute the defensive improvement of the Rockets to CP3, when he was at best average this year on the Rockets.
    The Rockets also had their foot off the gas. If they wanted to, they could have finished 67-15. The Rockets coasted down the stretch.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If rockets win this series without CP0..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If rockets win this series without CP0..
    His fanboys have already found a way to spin it. Apparently, CP0 is "coaching them to victory." Truly shameless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if it hasn't always been the norm to see scoring decrease on the playoffs. When good teams face each other so many times in a row they start to read each other's offensive moves like a map.
    Except the issue isn’t just the playoffs. It’s this series. And specifically in the fourth quarter. And Houston scoring 10 points less. And warriors scoring 6 points less. And it wasn’t just dip in scoring, it’s clanking wide open shot after wide open shots. 20 three pointers in a row?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls still would have won 70 games. IIRC, they even lost to the Raptors that year. Pretty much the only player teams missed from the talent pool was Damon Stoudamire and maybe Big Country Reeves. And I didn't mention Doug Christie or John Salley on purpose.

On a side note, Greg Anthony was an original Grizzly.
    You get to have four freebie games in the same conference and two against the one in the other conference. The bad teams were even shorter at the bench. Every time there is an expansion you get teams winning a lot of games. Never failed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets also had their foot off the gas. If they wanted to, they could have finished 67-15. The Rockets coasted down the stretch.
    They didn’t though so it’s a moot point. Similar argument as if they didn’t lose all those games they shouldn’t have lost.

Thread Information