My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela and Green actually led the Rockets in +/-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they?

I give it that CP3 led the team in Game 2, just like he shat the bed in Game 1. There will be more Game 1s and the Rockets will be toast then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they?

I give it that CP3 led the team in Game 2, just like he shat the bed in Game 1. There will be more Game 1s and the Rockets will be toast then.
    Well, maybe that's where Harden steps up. The advantage of having two top ten players, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, maybe that's where Harden steps up. The advantage of having two top ten players, tbh.
    Who both had a history of choking. Still remains to be seen where they can be better with both of them dominating he ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who both had a history of choking. Still remains to be seen where they can be better with both of them dominating he ball.
    Regardless of playoffs choking or not, we have already seen thoughtout the season that that wasn't a problem. If the Rockets fail in the playoffs it won't be because of lack of adaptability by the Harden-Paul duo, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of playoffs choking or not, we have already seen thoughtout the season that that wasn't a problem. If the Rockets fail in the playoffs it won't be because of lack of adaptability by the Harden-Paul duo, tbh.
    What will it be then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will it be then?
    Them choking or, more likely, Golden State just being better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them choking or, more likely, Golden State just being better.
    Then choking has always been the issue. The purpose of having CP3 is such that they won’t choke by having two top ten players like you said. So if they lost due to choking then they didn’t get better.

How can GSW be better. They won less regular season games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still thinking CP3 didn't make the Rockets better?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ...or that he's a choker

The only person that's had a more clutch performance than that this post season is Lebron. I'll give him props. CP3 hit shot after shot after shot in the last 2 4th quarters apparently Harden has had the flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...or that he's a choker

The only person that's had a more clutch performance than that this post season is Lebron. I'll give him props. CP3 hit shot after shot after shot in the last 2 4th quarters apparently Harden has had the flu.
    Series would still be alive right now if CP3 wasn't on the Rockets, but somehow he hasn't made the team better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then choking has always been the issue. The purpose of having CP3 is such that they won’t choke by having two top ten players like you said. So if they lost due to choking then they didn’t get better.

How can GSW be better. They won less regular season games.
    So that's something we have seen multiple times this postseason (one top 10 guy stepping up when the other wasn't feeling it). Are you finally convinced that Paul has made the Rockets better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when TP and CP3 could be discussed in the same conversation when it came to the game’s best PGs?

Sad...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when TP and CP3 could be discussed in the same conversation when it came to the game’s best PGs?

Sad...
    Mmmh, no.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Series would still be alive right now if CP3 wasn't on the Rockets, but somehow he hasn't made the team better.
    exactly breh. We got Game 6'd last game and CP3 put on a midrange clinic. The guy just has that closer tenacity. StrengthAndHonor knows this but it was never his fault that we came back 1-3 and beat them that year. Everytime he had the ball I was legit on edge our comeback was in jeopardy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    exactly breh. We got Game 6'd last game and CP3 put on a midrange clinic. The guy just has that closer tenacity. StrengthAndHonor knows this but it was never his fault that we came back 1-3 and beat them that year. Everytime he had the ball I was legit on edge our comeback was in jeopardy.
    In the fourth quarter of Game 6, CP0 was 1-6 (no assists) before making a garbage-time three when it no longer mattered. He also the bed in Games 5 and 7, but made sure to pad his stats in garbage time those games so his teammates could get all the blame. As the first option and highest-paid player on the team, it was absolutely his fault.

I'll never understand how a player who choked for 13 years gets a reputation as a "closer" and gets no blame for any of his meltdowns. Then again, Kobe tricked a generation of casual fans into thinking he was "clutch" despite shooting 23% in clutch moments of playoff games for his career, so I guess it's not unprecedented.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 05-09-2018 at 12:08 AM.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    winning a series they were supposed to win is somehow vindication.

They got CP3 to win this upcoming series. Now we’ll see if Houston is actually any better now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They got CP3 to win this upcoming series. Now we’ll see if Houston is actually any better now.
    So, not beating GS proves they didn't get better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll still lose in 5 to GS. But I’ve season, nonetheless.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    So, not beating GS proves they didn't get better?
    Anything less than a 7 game defeat proves it, yes

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Man, what a no-brainer..

"Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor"...
    Last edited by AlexJones; 05-09-2018 at 06:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he basically went there for free..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got reversed, but I am not that surprised because you don't seem to have much logic.

Houston made the WCF before Paul, it's Paul who couldn't make the WCF before the Rockets.

But sure, beating a 4 seed missing both guards is better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...or that he's a choker

He's clutch because his team is up 3-1 with him not doing that much in those games? Do you know what clutch means? It doesn't mean stat-padding in a meaningless game.

Thread Information