Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he a free agent. So is he signing w them or what?
    Read the tweet... It's a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This offseason just gets worse and worse...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He expends less energy. And even if he doesn't, Harden can play off the ball too.
    He will be a notch below nash, with similar style of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess he did us a favor, Spurs need to show up at Hill or Lowry's bedroom window with a boombox and wearing their hearts on their sleeve.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Harden played with westbrook so he knows how to play with a ball dominant guard. They pretty much upgraded their PG to a star and that's going to make them worse? OK
    exactly what i was gonna say

adding an all time great PG that's hungry to win and some people are here like, "i don't see how it's gonna work."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't understand why you go after a ball dominant player only to make him non ball dominant at this point in his career when that is his entire schtick. Its pretty obvious Paul just badly wanted out of LA. I wouldn't want the Spurs to have paid his Clippers opt in price anyway. Paul got what he wanted, his full contract and out of LA. I don't think this makes Houston a stronger team though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Beverly buyout would be awesome
    Please!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like they might make it work. They will have sets for both guys to have opportunities to playmake for shooters. And both guys can shoot as well whenever they play off ball. People are already knocking this just because they are both ball dominant but they're gonna feel so relieved when they can share that role. Just wait. They will be good unfortunately.

With that being said, I'm kind of glad we didn't get him due to his age but I hope we can get Kawhi some help that fits his style of play so he won't leave us when his contract is up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the tweet... It's a sign and trade.
    Nah. CP3 opted it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm relieved we didn't get him.
    Me, too; however, I never believed there was much of a chance. I was never convinced he was our principal target anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. CP3 opted it.
    My bad. Just a trade. Either way it's for a few bags of chips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably want to give Murray the keys to the car.
    YES!

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't understand why you go after a ball dominant player only to make him non ball dominant at this point in his career when that is his entire schtick. Its pretty obvious Paul just badly wanted out of LA. I wouldn't want the Spurs to have paid his Clippers opt in price anyway. Paul got what he wanted, his full contract and out of LA. I don't think this makes Houston a stronger team though.
    This. There's only one basketball. Now you have two ball dominant guys? Okay, one's going to play off the ball. Great, you just made him easy to defend off the ball, and we're still focused on who has the rock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. There's only one basketball. Now you have two ball dominant guys? Okay, one's going to play off the ball. Great, you just made him easy to defend off the ball, and we're still focused on who has the rock.
    The thing is, Harden has been a 3rd option, he knows how to do it and how to play off the ball. They'll be good. They're not going to suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO unwillingness to make bold trades just costed them a WCF trip for next season. Rockets were already hard enough, now that they added our daddy Chris Paul we have no chance against them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their offense will be fine, after they adjust, D'Antoni is an offense God..it doesn't maximize their skills, though, since they'll always be redundant and won't have the size/athleticism to negate it like LeBron/Wade..

It will be fun to watch, though..I'm very interested in seeing whether Harden and Paul can adapt..also want to see if Harden increases his defensive activity with less offensive burden..

They'll be the favorites to be 2nd best in the West and ahead of the Spurs, though, but still not even in the same stratosphere as the Warriors..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every play is going to be a lob to Clint Capela, no matter if it's Harden or CP3 on the pick and roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many possessions are in the average NBA game? No one is doing full-time anything. They will split PG and off-ball duties. Stop overthinking basketball in an attempt to convince yourself that this is bad for them and good for us.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don't see what the spurs can do to be better than the rockets.

especially because the spurs won't lose parker.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Well Spurs can still try and sign Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose so it's not the end of the world. I am happy there is another strong team in the West but I don't see this Rockets team beating the Warriors as is. Also CP3 is injury prone. Oh well, didn't see this coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Rose.

The guy is literally stupid, wants too much money, is injury prone, and isn't a great shooter. STOP IT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do not see how Harden and Paul can play together ... two maestros on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do not see how Harden and Paul can play together ... two maestros on the court
    Another one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep forgetting that Harden played with both Westbrook and Durant. He said he never had a problem being the 6th man and would have stayed if OKC paid him max dollars.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 just clearing the field for Kawhi's MVP tbh

Thread Information