Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are really overthinking this basketball thing.

People also said the Warriors gave up too much for Durant and that there was not enough shots to go around between them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they never trully learn how to play together and just take turns running the pick and roll, the Rockets would still be miles better than they were and leapfrog the Spurs as the second best team in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they never trully learn how to play together and just take turns running the pick and roll, the Rockets would still be miles better than they were and leapfrog the Spurs as the second best team in the West.
    Tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People also said the Warriors gave up too much for Durant and that there was not enough shots to go around between them.
    They were saying not only did they give up too much but Durant had overlapping skills so they wouldn't be as useful.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also what's the measure of this not working? Not beating GSW? That's still not expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were saying not only did they give up too much but Durant had overlapping skills so they wouldn't be as useful.
    Spurstalk takes. Great for news...not so much player and team analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

Oh well. Time to look forward to next season with TP, disgruntled LaSoftus, "FreSh oUt da cluuub" Green, Pau "I airball layups" Gasoft, Bryn "he doesn't miss in practice" Forbes, Fathead and Fathead Jr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think maybe all the crap with Aldridge scared cp3 away from the the Spurs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul or Harden will always be on the floor..you have two ELITE PNR players...

Offensively it's terrifying tbh...Their defense tho took a hit..Beverly>Paul

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Neither Paul or Harden will leave the floor..you have two ELITE PNR players...

Offensively it's terrifying tbh...Their defense tho took a hit..Beverly>Paul
    Houston's defense stunk last year.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Think maybe all the crap with Aldridge scared cp3 away from the the Spurs?
    No, CP3 is happy with the switch because he don't have to take a paycut. This deal works in his favor as a player. Pretty sure if he wanted to be a Spur they would have worked something out, clearly the Rockets were more aggressive than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

Oh well. Time to look forward to next season with TP, disgruntled LaSoftus, "FreSh oUt da cluuub" Green, Pau "I airball layups" Gasoft, and Fathead and Fathead Jr.
    Nothing shows your ambition towards winning to Kawhi like bringing the gang back and adding Fathead Jr. At this rate, the Spurs are going to be lucky to get a meeting with Kawhi when he becomes a free agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston's defense stunk last year.
    Of course....

But that offense tho..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The difference being that Durant,Curry,and Thompson are all elite off ball players and shooters playing in a motion offense. What makes Paul and particularly Harden special is their facilitating and scoring off the dribble, outside of that their ability to impact games is extremely limited for superstar players at least. There's a reason Harden didn't start next to Westbrook in OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing shows your ambition to winning towards Kawhi like bringing the gang back and adding Fathead Jr. At this rate, the Spurs are going to be lucky to get a meeting with Kawhi when he becomes a free agent.
    Spurs say the goal is to win les every year, but it really doesn't look like it this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never wanted him, as I've been saying for months..too old and his style of play helps role players but hurts other stars..can't even imagine how 2 of the 3 most ball-dominant players in the league will fit together..
    So then is it safe to say you've deleted all your posts in other threads saying the spurs should do whatever they can to land him because he's a superstar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then is it safe to say you've deleted all your posts in other threads saying the spurs should do whatever they can to land him because he's a superstar?
    HarlemHeat37 has never fully been on the CP3 train, tbh. At least not in the posts I have read from him.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nothing shows your ambition towards winning to Kawhi like bringing the gang back and adding Fathead Jr. At this rate, the Spurs are going to be lucky to get a meeting with Kawhi when he becomes a free agent.
    Maybe Kawhi's the one that needs to finally show some ambition. If Kawhi wants players to come to SA, he's going to have to do the unthinkable, make a friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HarlemHeat37 has never fully been on the CP3 train, tbh. At least not in the posts I have read from him.
    He played the same card he did with LMA. on him incessantly but with the caveat that the spurs should do whatever they can to bring them in because they're stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Kawhi's the one that needs to finally show some ambition. If Kawhi wants players to come to SA, he's going to have to do the unthinkable, make a friend.
    But, but, but ST says it isn't cool to pick up the phone and call other players!

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening. Starter for 2years at 6mil per year. Boston is not willing to trade Crowder, because of lowball deal he has.
    Grass is green my friend. Notice the "pipe dream" smiley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Kawhi has never complained about any of that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what do you want kawhi to say?

"hey come to the spurs. to make space for you we'll have to trade a disgruntled player (la) or a player who sacrificed money to stay on the team (danny). but we will NOT trade old, busted ass tony parker for you."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Paul's perspective I really don't get this move

If he wanted to win, choosing SA would have been a better choice.

If he wants money, then he chose the wrong team. Les and Morey are two of the cheapest gots in the NBA. CP3 and his agent truly believe that Morey and Les will give him a 200m contract at the age of 33 next season? LOL

Stupid move by Paul and his agent. And quite honestly, he is not even a good fit with Harden.
    Last edited by elemento; 06-28-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Thread Information