Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Problem for the team is that Mike only gives the keys to one player at a time. I guess they can try to alternate, but one of the two becomes a young Joe Johnson from back in the Phoenix days, underutilized and not as dangerous as he could be.
    cp3 + harden isn't a problem... it's an advantage.

the joe johnson comparison isn't a good one... cp3 and harden are MUCH better playmakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cp3 + harden isn't a problem... it's an advantage.

the joe johnson comparison isn't a good one... cp3 and harden are MUCH better playmakers.
    Yeah, you didn't get what I'm saying. One of the two has to play the Joe Johnson role in any given stretch of possessions. And Paul is way, way more expensive than Iso Joe ever was.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    people are acting like this is two kobes on the same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Give the keys to Murray tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Give the keys to Murray tbh.
    Only for TP to take them back when he returns better than ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't get this trade for the rockets.

I'm sure D'Antoni promised he could ring, if they would just get him more offensive firepower. Suns redux.

With all the people on ST crying, I wonder if any of them noticed that CP3 only put up about 1,100 points last season, and about 1,400 last season. Lou Williams, just one of the players the Rockets traded, put up over 1,400 last season.

The Rockets are going to have a of a time putting up more points after this trade, and they sure as didn't get better on defense overall. The only thing I can think of is that Paul could help their efficiency? But it's not like D'Antoni to worry about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its more about selling tickets than anything, CP3 and Harden could only means more monkeyballing feeding Capela and shooting 3 pointers.
    Other than that is pure nonsense.
    Pringles runīgun is going to injure CP3, that makes sense.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They get an upgrade in talent, but it doesn't move the needle that much for them. Can they beat the Spurs now in a series? Possibly. But without another move they are still getting swept by GS in the WCF.

At the end of the day it's a questionable fit that only works if two ball dominant players agree to work together and develop some kind of chemistry that goes against who they've always been(and don't pull out the Harden 6th man argument...he hasn't been that player in years). I just don't see it happening on a consistent basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Clippers planning on keeping Beverley? I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs and he has a lot of respect for Parker as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Clippers planning on keeping Beverley? I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs and he has a lot of respect for Parker as well.
    Word is that they're not going to move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is that they're not going to move him.

They were saying that the Cavs were really hot to get him, but he wasn't supposed to be available. With Jerry West calling the shots, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him parlaying this trade. And the Cavs are hot to make some moves, to try and pacify LeBron.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    They were saying that the Cavs were really hot to get him, but he wasn't supposed to be available. With Jerry West calling the shots, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him parlaying this trade. And the Cavs are hot to make some moves, to try and pacify LeBron.
    Ho hum. More examples of a FO doing what it can to keep the team compe ive and keep their superstar happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll ultimately be fine, although I don't see it as a frightening duo, at all..however, while I wouldn't want to pay 40 mil for a 35-37 year old PG, I don't know why anybody thinks Houston lost anything of value, tbh Beverley is a nice role player and they didn't give up any other relevant pieces..

They will clearly improve IMO and you would have to be a homer to believe otherwise, despite the fit reducing some of the full impact you would get from a duo with different skill-sets..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    But without another move they are still getting swept by GS in the WCF.
    not even one person has said the rockets are now the favorites...

Also what's the measure of this not working? Not beating GSW? That's still not expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure D'Antoni promised he could ring, if they would just get him more offensive firepower. Suns redux.

With all the people on ST crying, I wonder if any of them noticed that CP3 only put up about 1,100 points last season, and about 1,400 last season. Lou Williams, just one of the players the Rockets traded, put up over 1,400 last season.

The Rockets are going to have a of a time putting up more points after this trade, and they sure as didn't get better on defense overall. The only thing I can think of is that Paul could help their efficiency? But it's not like D'Antoni to worry about that.
    Its more about selling tickets than anything, CP3 and Harden could only means more monkeyballing feeding Capela and shooting 3 pointers.
    Other than that is pure nonsense.
    Pringles runīgun is going to injure CP3, that makes sense.
    They get an upgrade in talent, but it doesn't move the needle that much for them. Can they beat the Spurs now in a series? Possibly. But without another move they are still getting swept by GS in the WCF.

At the end of the day it's a questionable fit that only works if two ball dominant players agree to work together and develop some kind of chemistry that goes against who they've always been(and don't pull out the Harden 6th man argument...he hasn't been that player in years). I just don't see it happening on a consistent basis.
    Exactly on all three of these. Sure you're adding a great player, but it doesn't seem like it will fit well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if CP3 can morph his game like Jason Kidd late in his career Rockets could be damn good

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Exactly on all three of these. Sure you're adding a great player, but it doesn't seem like it will fit well.
    Posters said the same thing about Durant. How'd that work out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not even one person has said the rockets are now the favorites...
    You could take my whole post in context and make a real argument in agreement or disagreement, but you are a poster so the above response is par for the course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posters said the same thing about Durant. How'd that work out?
    Durant is a great fit beside Curry. It's apples to oranges with Harden and Paul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodged that bullet. Wouldn't have moved the needle against the Warriors. PATFO can go back to finding that second banana for Kawhi AKA Aldridge replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodged that bullet. Wouldn't have moved the needle against the Warriors. PATFO can go back to finding that second banana for Kawhi AKA Aldridge replacement.
    He most definitely would have moved the needle.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You could take my whole post in context and make a real argument in agreement or disagreement, but you are a poster so the above response is par for the course.
    not gonna waste my time arguing with you, your mind is already made up.

people who think they can't fit together won't be convinced otherwise. same goes for people who think they can.

i was just calling out your vanilla take: "they still can't beat the warriors without making another move." no detective

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Durant is a great fit beside Curry. It's apples to oranges with Harden and Paul.
    True, but James Harden had no problem sharing the court in crunch time with two other ball dominant players in Westbrook and Durant. I think this whole notion that two ball dominant players can't coexist in today's NBA is hogwash, tbh.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 06-28-2017 at 11:55 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hearing about Paul signing for 5 years and $200 mil; I was like that. Don't need that stone tied around the franchise's neck.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I think this whole notion that two ball dominant can't coexist in today's NBA is hogwash, tbh.
    agreed.

rockets had harden to get his teammates easy looks... and now they have someone who can get harden easy looks.

Thread Information