Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the meltdown on here if SA, at home in a WCF, blew a 12 point 4th quarter lead to Houston? Have a 12 point lead with like 10 minutes left and watch the lead go away while your star player is “resting” and you have Swaggy/Liv/Bell on the floor together and the team scores a measly 12 4th quarter points

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the meltdown on here if SA, at home in a WCF, blew a 12 point 4th quarter lead to Houston? Have a 12 point lead with like 10 minutes left and watch the lead go away while your star player is “resting” and you have Swaggy/Liv/Bell on the floor together and the team scores a measly 12 4th quarter points
    Would still rather be in the Warriors position than the Spurs right now

I think that did happen to the Spurs in Game 4 of the 2007 WCSF against the Suns. Something similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson looking like a worse version of Danny Green. Can’t dribble or create. Defense been meh overall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson looking like a worse version of Danny Green. Can’t dribble or create. Defense been meh overall.
    He wasn't the same after that knee injury earlier in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't the same after that knee injury earlier in the game.
    Hes’ been bad the entire playoffs overall, especially this series well before that knee

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hes’ been bad the entire playoffs overall, especially this series well before that knee
    Danny Green's been awful for three years. Not seeing the comparison.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he sure looked washed up tonight.
    Frankly, I'm not hating, I actually wanted him to go to the Spurs last year and went on record, but I clearly misjudged his level of contribution at this time of his career.

Fireworks and champagne for one night doesn't make a difference - he's clearly on the decline. I can see he wasn't worth blowing up the Spurs' roster.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better than 99 percent of the Spurs roster
    mmmmmhh no... not even close.. you aren't serious, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I'm not hating, I actually wanted him to go to the Spurs last year and went on record, but I clearly misjudged his level of contribution at this time of his career.

Fireworks and champagne for one night doesn't make a difference - he's clearly on the decline. I can see he wasn't worth blowing up the Spurs' roster.
    I was lukewarm about it, dependent on what the Spurs had to give up. It would have been a one to two year swing for the fences with a long term cost.
    I think the Spurs could have covered up his areas of decline better than the Rockets (if Leonard was healthy).
    Looking at the two conference finals- you can see the that the Spurs if healthy may not have been that far off..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But is he worth trading away key pieces like Green and Anderson?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me it appears that Harden was gassed and was about to have the same appearance as he had against us in game 6 last year in the 2nd half when Chris Paul took them on home last night. It is still the Dub's series in my opinion, the Rox were fighting for their lives last night if they would have lost even by 1 point the narrative about the coach and two star players would have been ringing from the rooftops. TBH last night was an example of how some on ST have suggested the Spurs could/would/should work in the future. Let LMA be the focus early on get his touches and carry the team through the first 2.5 quarters and then for the last 1.5 quarters let Kiwi take over and take us home. Harden had a good game but for the last third of it he looked spent and CP3 took the reigns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 finally delivered. he really got into draymond's head too. draymond is such an idiot. the dude gets way too much hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me it appears that Harden was gassed and was about to have the same appearance as he had against us in game 6 last year in the 2nd half when Chris Paul took them on home last night. It is still the Dub's series in my opinion, the Rox were fighting for their lives last night if they would have lost even by 1 point the narrative about the coach and two star players would have been ringing from the rooftops. TBH last night was an example of how some on ST have suggested the Spurs could/would/should work in the future. Let LMA be the focus early on get his touches and carry the team through the first 2.5 quarters and then for the last 1.5 quarters let Kiwi take over and take us home. Harden had a good game but for the last third of it he looked spent and CP3 took the reigns.
    i think GS gets the next two games also as i'm sure kerr will get into their collective asses about getting some focus. the showboating and trash talking was their demise last night. warriors are so damn arrogant.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    27 on 50% shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green's been awful for three years. Not seeing the comparison.
    Playoff Klay has been worse than playoff Danny historically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no... not really. its true that green plays above his average and klay plays below his, but klay's output still dwarfs green's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah other then scoring on Fatsy and Forbes, Klay has been meh. But Curry has been garbage as well.

Curry got blocked 3 times last night that I recall and 2 were by Gerald Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmmmmhh no... not even close.. you aren't serious, right?
    Who's better, Patty Mills, Kyle Anderson, Dejounte?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's your problem son, it hasn't been just one night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 had a signature game last night. Made tough shots. I was impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no... not really. its true that green plays above his average and klay plays below his, but klay's output still dwarfs green's.
    Not really tbh..if you are going by raw stats, maybe (offensively), but when you normalize for shooting, efficiency, defense and impact? He’s been worse than Danny in the playoffs or pretty damn close overall career wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green PO Career: PER - 13.2 / True Shooting: .57 / REB% 7.4 / AST% 6.9 / STL% 2.1 / BLK% 2.8 / Win Shares Per 48: .113 / BoxScore Plus Minus: 4.5 / VORP 4.1

Klay Thompson PO Career: PER - 13.8 / True Shooting: .54 / REB% 5 / AST% 10 / STL% 1.2 / BLK% 1.2 / Win Shares Per 48: .091 / BoxScore Plus Minus: .8 / VORP 2.4

So not only does Klay see a massvie dip across the board in the playoffs, he grades out worse overall than Danny in virtually every impact metric in the playoffs as well.

Any box score advantage is simply due to volume at this point and we have 6 years of data for Klay and 8 years of data for Danny.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Point God

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's hurt his hamstring again, though. LOL.

Houston are looking like they can win this, but if Chris Paul's hamstring is gone, Warriors may yet again get lucky. Chris Paul and Eric Gordon bailed Harden's ass out this game. Chris Paul has bailed out Harden two games in a row. I don't like Houston's chances if Chris Paul is injured for the rest of this series.

It seems Chris Paul is doing great as a second option, but in actuality, both him and Harden seem to choke as first options in big games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been balling. But Chris Paul can never last a whole playoffs. I guess he may have reached his quota of playoff games before injury. I hope not tho. I want a great finish to this series.

Thread Information