Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooooh ahhhhhh he took 3 mill less a year. Such a big discount to tie up money with 4 PG's plus Manu and Forbes!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't see that Mills actually took a discount on this deal is munted. He was projecting at 15-17 per according to Bobby Marks and co.
    Jeff Teague got 19M/yr, and he's 3x the PG Patty is.

Besides standing in the corner with his hands up ready to chuck, what other skill set does Mills have? Be real with yourself

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who doesn't see that Mills actually took a discount on this deal is munted. He was projecting at 15-17 per according to Bobby Marks and co.
    serious question - if Mills wasn't Australian, would you even give a about him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't sign him at all. That was the best option, or wait a see if you can get any of your other targets, if not, give him a big 1 year contract. I really don't know if he'd even be tradeable later on down the line.
    Or do wait, Patty goes, the market dries up and we go into next season with Raymond Felton with a face full of tacos. Is no one here looking at the NBA landscape over the last two years? I don't think so. That's a good team friendly deal in just the right dollar amount to trade if it doesn't work out, much like Elnono is saying. I thought it was obvious? He performs at that money he is hugely desirable, he doesn't it's the prefect absorb Salary type deal that bottoming teams like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or do wait, Patty goes, the market dries up and we go into next season with Raymond Felton with a face full of tacos. Is no one here looking at the NBA landscape over the last two years? I don't think so. That's a good team friendly deal in just the right dollar amount to trade if it doesn't work out, much like Elnono is saying. I thought it was obvious? He performs at that money he is hugely desirable, he doesn't it's the prefect absorb Salary type deal that bottoming teams like.
    He ing peaked in 2014. We didn't need him for four more years to disappear in the playoffs when it counts. That money could've been better spent elsewhere. He's redundant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    serious question - if Mills wasn't Australian, would you even give a about him?
    yeah, he is one of the most fun to watch players in the league. What I like the most is that he is a Spurs guy, and we keep Spurs guys around for less than they would get else where. The guy is loyal and scrote cheeses around here take a in there hands. 12 mill is all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ing peaked in 2014. We didn't need him for four more years to disappear in the playoffs when it counts. That money could've been better spent elsewhere. He's redundant.
    Spent where?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, he is one of the most fun to watch players in the league. What I like the most is that he is a Spurs guy, and we keep Spurs guys around for less than they would get else where. The guy is loyal and scrote cheeses around here take a in there hands. 12 mill is all
    Besides standing in the corner with his hands up ready to chuck, what other skill set does Mills have? Be real with yourself
    Answer the question, mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anywhere but at PG unless you were upgrading. You just know TP is coming back anyway. Can't wait for Murray to be stifled again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually like to see a list of players that average 6ppg in the playoffs that are getting paid 12+ Million. Patty's got to be down the lower end of that list. What he was making previously is what he was worth, but with this increasing salary cap you could maybe up that to 6-8 million max. He wasn't worth a cent more than that. You let some other bottom feeding team pay more if they wanted him. Spurs tied up money for nothing.

6 points per ing game career playoff average. Awesome.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a higher paid per-year-average back up point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the talent spread elsewhere, no one can beat the Warriors anytime soon......

sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty's deal seems reasonable when Tony Snell got 46M/4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a higher paid per-year-average back up point guard.
    Rivers?

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $50M for throwing up bricks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually like to see a list of players that average 6ppg in the playoffs that are getting paid 12+ Million. Patty's got to be down the lower end of that list. What he was making previously is what he was worth, but with this increasing salary cap you could maybe up that to 6-8 million max. He wasn't worth a cent more than that. You let some other bottom feeding team pay more if they wanted him. Spurs tied up money for nothing.

6 points per ing game career playoff average. Awesome.
    Most pg in that price range are on teams that don't make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most pg in that price range are on teams that don't make the playoffs.
    Now we locked up a guy who, at this point, has no business playing a huge roll on a contender for four years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey, fact based logic is not welcome around here, every guy is we want takes heavy discounts to come, and the guys we do have are over paid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Snell plays D. The Bucks also don't have a logjam at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Now we're comparing ourselves to teams like the Bucks.

"At least we're not as incompetent as those guys!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One bad contract doesn't justify another. Shaun Livingston, who is better, could've been had for way less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One bad contract doesn't justify another. Shaun Livingston, who is better, could've been had for way less.
    Can't wait to watch him eat Fatty alive again, shooting jumpers over his helpless over-extended arms.

If the Spurs even get that far next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have rather had Tony Snell at his salary than Patty - And that's saying a lot. Patty's too short and his defense is non-existent. I always prefer guards/wings with size that can play defense. Patty is neither. Really horrible signing. I just did not want him back at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we locked up a guy who, at this point, has no business playing a huge roll on a contender for four years.
    Do you have all your fingers and toes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds steep, but honestly, Mills is the heart and soul of the team. With Manu and Parker likely both out the door next year, who else is going to define the culture?

Kawhi doesn't it quietly, but Mills is more vocal as what needs to be done.

Thread Information