Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There no doubt the team needs him, first bc they are offensively challenged without Kiwi, and second bc he's their best shooter and their best offensive guard at this point. He's got limitations obviously.

He wasn't projected to be a starter, play this many minutes or have the ball so much... It's one of those things that has been a result of Kiwi having missed the entire season. He has been better lately and it shows in the Spurs record. No matter how poor he's playing in some games he's still going to get his minutes so we might as well hope he plays well at this point.

And here's for my friend sasaint:
    "Hes one of our team leaders, Popovich said. Hes always ready to do whatever it takes to win the basketball game or get a teammate up. Hes pretty spectacular.
    And over this season, I have learned a lot more, while also being in a leadership position of bridging the gap between the older guys and the young guys, and helping those younger guys understand the Spurs culture. And its been great. Ive loved every bit of it.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called kl andrew bynum... i was right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all knew he was gonna get paid before that.

Also,

I need to add that to my sig.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There no doubt the team needs him, first bc they are offensively challenged without Kiwi, and second bc he's their best shooter and their best offensive guard at this point. He's got limitations obviously.

He wasn't projected to be a starter, play this many minutes or have the ball so much... It's one of those things that has been a result of Kiwi having missed the entire season. He has been better lately and it shows in the Spurs record. No matter how poor he's playing in some games he's still going to get his minutes so we might as well hope he plays well at this point.

And here's for my friend sasaint:
    Paddy Mills doesn't play SF so I don't know how you think Kawhi's injury has anything to do with Paddy's increased playing time. He wasn't projected to be a starter yet here he is. Pop is trying to justify that $50M contract more than anything and all he's showing to this point is why it is so abundantly clear for everyone to see why he shouldn't be projected as a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paddy Mills doesn't play SF so I don't know how you think Kawhi's injury has anything to do with Paddy's increased playing time.
    This is actually a really easy extension. Patty's starting because the team needs scoring in the first unit. Had Leonard been starting, the team would not need scoring. If Murray, Green or Anderson were capable of being second- or third-options, Mills would likely be on the bench.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This is actually a really easy extension. Patty's starting because the team needs scoring in the first unit. Had Leonard been starting, the team would not need scoring. If Murray, Green or Anderson were capable of being second- or third-options, Mills would likely be on the bench.
    Not really. He's been a below average offensive player and he struggles mightily to run the offense. You can argue that he makes Aldridge a better offensive player (although I'm not subscribing to that theory) but that's the extent of his effectiveness. I guarantee you that when/if Kawhi comes back, Paddy will remain the starter and his minutes will remain unchanged. He averaged nearly 29 minutes per game in March.

Yeah, they need offense in the absence of Kawhi but the real reason he's getting so many minutes is because Parker is a non threat on the offensive end and Danny Green's been atrocious offensively as well.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 04-03-2018 at 08:30 PM.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have frontloaded the hell out of that contract. RC could pay taxes for one year so Mills can make 25 million that first year.

Thread Information