Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do find it funny how when the Spurs lose it's always legit, but when the Spurs win it's a mile long run of luck mostly that should not be taken seriously.
    Well, I know I've not had a lot of nice things to say about PATFO as of late but I've never been part of the latter group, tbh. I can say that much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just isn't as hungry as he used to be.
    Perhaps it's an ego thing with Pop.

If he made adjustments and gave everything he had and still lost, it would look like he got out-coached by a rookie.

But if he just pounded the rock and did nothing except wave the white flag early and telling the media about planets and , he'll come away looking philosophical like the great Zen Master himself.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA if it brings the band back will be a 2nd seed barring any injuries. Continuity counts in this league and they won 60+ last year.
    In that case # of wins are overrated if you don't get the 1st seed. The goal is to beat the Golden Showers no matter if 50 or 60 wins team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how Spurs fans of old used to mock teams like the Suns and the Mavs for racking up regular season wins only to fail miserably during the playoffs. Now, Spurs fans seem to be content with a 60+ win regular season and playoff futility at the hands of the warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a great guy though despite that. Thats what counts the most.
    Really great for the culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how Spurs fans of old used to mock teams like the Suns and the Mavs for racking up regular season wins only to fail miserably during the playoffs. Now, Spurs fans seem to be content with a 60+ win regular season and playoff futility at the hands of the warriors.
    How low we've fallen...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And those same content fans really dislike the other fans who want the team to succeed.

Contented fans call the other ones 'spoiled'

Because it's being spoiled if you don't like bad deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And those same content fans really dislike the other fans who want the team to succeed.

Contented fans call the other ones 'spoiled'

Because it's being spoiled if you don't like bad deals
    ^^ or having higher expectations with an MVP candidate just entering his prime. "Spoiled fans" is a new disguise for the bigotry of low expectations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Waiters push is sort of countered by the fact Ginobili did step out of bounds. However, it would have been a delay of game if called so not a turnover like if they called the offensive foul on Waiters.
    Aldridge got fouled on the tail end of that play. That's what I'm most bitter about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres, objective, spursistan, TimDunkem, vy65, you guys better stop truth telling before you upset the legion of uppity apologists.

5 rings, 61 wins, 25 point lead in game 1 of the WCF; what more do you want?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy ing . Biggest truth bomb in awhile...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't a Spurs fan in the 90's, were you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres, objective, spursistan, TimDunkem, vy65, you guys better stop truth telling before you upset the legion of uppity apologists.

5 rings, 61 wins, 25 point lead in game 1 of the WCF; what more do you want?
    To be fans of the ing Boston Celtics? How about the Knicks?
    Maybe the Jazz? s yeah! The Jazz! Let's all root for the Brooklyn Nets and be ing hap hap happy!

Does that make me an apologist?

that noise, we should be fawning over the Clippers and their success over the years. They gon' win real soon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't a Spurs fan in the 90's, were you?
    I remember the likes of VDN and Cherokee Parks ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did we fail miserably?

We made it to the WCF and didn't get a fair chance to compete with a ridiculously stacked team after Kawhi went down.

Last season we took a very good Thunder team to 6 games in the Semis, and they went on to put the 73-win Warriors on the brink of elimination (and probably should have beat them).

It's not like we pulled a 2011.

Spoiled Spursfan is spoiled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fans of the ing Boston Celtics? How about the Knicks?
    Maybe the Jazz? s yeah! The Jazz! Let's all root for the Brooklyn Nets and be ing hap hap happy!

Does that make me an apologist?
    No, making excuses and having a fit every time someone criticizes the infallible, vaunted Spurs front office, does.

Forgot to add TheGreatYacht.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the likes of VDN and Cherokee Parks ...
    And these days make you upset? Jesus ing .
    I remember Tark the Shark. I remember a recovering alcoholic taking over for him. I remember true inep ude in the front office and a cheapskate car dealership owner running ish.
    I remember a Dantoni-like coach that got fired for Pop and he never got an NBA job ever again.

You liked that ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ironic that we've basically turned into the Mavs/Suns fanbase after trolling those guys for years for being content with cute regular seasons and playoff flame outs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, making excuses and having a fit every time someone criticizes the infallible, vaunted Spurs front office, does.

Forgot to add TheGreatYacht.
    Okay, go back to the 90's baby. This brain-trust actually at least cares and thinks.
    That was... .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Tark the Shark. I remember a recovering alcoholic taking over for him. I remember true inep ude in the front office and a cheapskate car dealership owner running ish.
    I remember a Dantoni-like coach that got fired for Pop and he never got an NBA job ever again.

You liked that ?
    Neither are very good if the formula the Spurs are using to win 60 games right now haven't gotten the team anywhere.

What's MOST upsetting is that NOW the FO is content with what we have when it couldn't be more clear that this team won't get it done...And that's excluding the Warriors...I'd feel much better if it seemed like this team had more favorable matchups than not this coming season. Unfortunately, that isn't the case as the West hasn't stood pat and had only gotten better pretty much top to bottom with the exception of the Spurs.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    some of y'all are too much. there's numerous teams without even 1 le in their history. GS has assembled a team virtually unbeatable by any other current team in the league, and y'all are ing because spurs arent in the finals every year?

obviously we all want to win a le. i think some of you really underestimate what the spurs FO is trying to do. just because you don't hear their guys leaking every rumor to the press doesnt mean they arent doing anything. and realistically, what could they really do to put themselves on the level of GS aside from singing LeBron/Westbrook/etc? besides, free agents havent even been able to officially sign yet, there are over 100 free agents who havent even agreed to a deal yet. Spurfan needs to calm the down and quit being spoiled and expecting instant gratification everytime you refresh ST....

and besides, anyone who thought the spurs were gonna flip their roster that just won 60, made the WCF, and was up 24 on the champs in the 3Q is either re ed or hasnt been following the team long tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, go back to the 90's baby. This brain-trust actually at least cares and thinks.
    That was... .
    No. You see, the issue is that it doesn't seem like they're thinking very much right now. Again, last year was much better as we had more favorable matchups and the path to the Finals was conceivable. Not so much this year. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable betting that the Spurs beat OKC or HOU in the playoffs, let alone GS...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did we fail miserably?

We made it to the WCF and didn't get a fair chance to compete with a ridiculously stacked team after Kawhi went down.

Last season we took a very good Thunder team to 6 games in the Semis, and they went on to put the 73-win Warriors on the brink of elimination (and probably should have beat them).

It's not like we pulled a 2011.

Spoiled Spursfan is spoiled.
    This is a re ed take. For one, injuries are part of the game. What unfairness did the Spurs suffer that isn't a part of the game? Given the historic GSW run, what proof do you have that Kawhi would have altered the outcome of the series?

I also don't get the logic behind "we pushed a team that pushed a team." There isn't an honorable mention trophy in the NBA. To the winner goes the spoils.

The spoiled argument is re ed. You can't squander a young MVP caliber's prime. The front office has to be relentless in both improving the team and improving its approach to the game. Culture and corporate knowledge only get you as far as talent, and this team is sorely lacking in talent. Pointing that out and calling the front office misguided for using an approach that is outdated because the big 3 is no more isn't "being spoiled." It's understanding we have a great opportunity with Kawhi and wanting to make the most of it.

People who say "you're spoiled" are probably content ing fatties too. Makes sense with the SA connection and all ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You liked that ?
    Aside from Tark, no. This aside is truly fascinating (sincerely), but utterly irrelevant given the state of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of y'all are too much. there's numerous teams without even 1 le in their history. GS has assembled a team virtually unbeatable by any other current team in the league, and y'all are ing because spurs arent in the finals every year?

obviously we all want to win a le. i think some of you really underestimate what the spurs FO is trying to do. just because you don't hear their guys leaking every rumor to the press doesnt mean they arent doing anything. and realistically, what could they really do to put themselves on the level of GS aside from singing LeBron/Westbrook/etc? besides, free agents havent even been able to officially sign yet, there are over 100 free agents who havent even agreed to a deal yet. Spurfan needs to calm the down and quit being spoiled and expecting instant gratification everytime you refresh ST....

and besides, anyone who thought the spurs were gonna flip their roster that just won 60, made the WCF, and was up 24 on the champs in the 3Q is either re ed or hasnt been following the team long tbh
    Again, it's not even about beating GS at this point. It's about doing ANYTHING to give the team a chance to win. No les aren't guaranteed, but you're surely guaranteed not to win one if you're watching the rest of your conference pass you by.

Thread Information